myvi with sport spring problem

Geon323

500 RPM
Dec 13, 2004
Klang
Visit site
currently my car install 15" sport rim and lowering spring and found out that especially on the rear suspension will serious dropping when the car with fully loaded.:cry_smile:

i have do some research on the web and i found this product online, taiwan made it call rubber spring anyone here know where can i get this product or anyone know is this product useful? here is the link: http://www.toonew2000.com.tw

Excalibur

500 RPM
Feb 9, 2005
NoWay2Run
Visit site
What lower spring are you using??? my cousin myvi with 16" rim and kenari lower spring wont have serious dropping when the car with fully loaded...

Sorry cant help you out that one....

na_power

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2004
cannot help u... u can refer to myviclub.com or myvi.com.my maybe got sumone have same experience with u know how to settle it...

Geon323

500 RPM
Dec 13, 2004
Klang
Visit site
i using local sport spring and the brand i can't recall.... yaa i already post a similiar topic at myvi forum liao but donno the sifu there can help or not:retarded:

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
erm...a cheap spring wont give u good performance la...

i suggest u get a good brand spring..

but arh...if there's more than 2 ppl at the back...if it drops..then it might not be the spring's fault..coz..2 ppl is the optimum amount off ppl..

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
maybe your people at the back is "big" ppeopple leh? sit in any car alos sure got drop marr rite? no offence tho..but its true....

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
yeah...that could be a factor..obviously putting too many ppl at the back will make ur car lower at the back to matter wat springs u use.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
haha... kesian dat fella lar... he asking question here and u all load satu kampung inside his car....
mayb the sport springs he bought is soft type leh... trying changing to harder absorber to reduce sagging lo.... if not, change to harder springs...

ken12292703

Drives a shopping cart...
Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
Hie bro, the spring plays a great role. If it's a cheap spring, the slope of the graph is low hence if load is exerted, the spring tends to compress more. Some coil springs nowadays (aftermarket or OEM) are not really linear anymore. If not mistaken, they are linear at the first few inches of compression and shots up after that. It can be noticed that the distance between coils varies either top or bottom part. Correct me if i am wrong. Just some cock and bull story. Hahaha!

ken12292703

Drives a shopping cart...
Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
Change the springs will be the best solution. Putting cussions between them will harm the springs a little because of the ununiform stress and unbalanced load.

streetking

Jan 4, 2006
may be u can try to call speedtune performance corner, he is very experience in suspension. tel:019-3366948 SAM

iSkO

Feb 9, 2006
im using GAB Springs on my Myvi so far after a few months still no complaint for my end. i think the structure of our Myvi's are like that i dont know if you noticed it before when you just got it first time you will notice it already the front is quite higher than the rear. so if you put 3 big guys at the back you will notice it even more.

my suggestion is better you check it properly as long as the ride and feelings are good then just setle for it or can buy a new one since there are now a couple of good springs out there ( Eibach, Tanabe, TRD Sportivo and GAB ) also can try the adjustables a few are out there also (Titan, HWL and soon GAB ).

You can try and ride my car next time we meet.

A329878

Known Member
Sep 24, 2005
JOHOR BAHRU
I think this one will better that "rubber spring"

The Splitfire Spring Adjusters are fitted in between the coil springs and helps to keep the springs apart during compression. This helps to increase the springs rate as well as reduce the sagging of the suspension system. The ride height of lowering springs can be increased to reduce scraping of the tyres on the fender and any bottoming out of the suspension system.

Key Benefits
Increased Spring Rate for better handling.
Reduce Bottoming Out of Soft Springs
Increased Ride Height when ferrying Heavy Loads.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have a noob question

Can anyone tell me the difference between N1 and Sflow mufflers (or other types if i missed out any)
Also, what is a 'cat-back' :rolleyes:

Hope sifus can enlighten me with all these exhaust terms. Im planning to fit a reasonable sports exhaust on my ride. Its automatic transmission so i wonder if Universal mufflers do good on it?

HELP HELP HELP :adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience