MyVi cannot start after drowned

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I towed the car to the outside workshop. The mechanic told me that the ECU kaput already. Anyone knows the price of new/2nd hand ECU for MyVi? The mechanic also told me that the engine oil already mixed with petrol(the Perodua people also told me the same thing,how could this happen?). I checked the engine and and its true the engine oil already mixed with petrol, even the air filter box also full will petrol. I don't understand how the petrol can mixed with the engine oil and how can the petrol can get into the air filter box. My theory is as I tried to start the engine last time, the fuel pump pumped in the fuel into the intake manifold but since there is no spark from the spark plugs so the fuel didn't burned and flowed into the cylinder room. But still how can the fuel get into the engine oil and the air box? Will the engine need to be overhauled?
Petrol and oil? Or water and oil? I doubt that's petrol. If it is just petrol just dismantle everything, drain the engine oil, drain the gearbox oil and just pour in new one and replace the air filter. Petrol will dry up very very quickly. If it's water that's a bit harder to dry. Just make sure after you close everything up, you give your engine a quick rinse of water to wash off any petrol outside on the engine itself, you don't want a fire to start when starting up the engine.

As for the ECU, probably worthwhile going to a chop shop to find one. Or consider investing in a Motec or Haltech or any standalone ECU for your future modding purposes. :biggrin:

bro858

Known Member
Jul 26, 2007
another thing that possibly fried in the flood - your immobilizer. Look for the blinking red light on your meter panel, if its not blinking with the engine off & key out...the immo's gone too. Just curious, does the Check Engine light (orange mini engine icon on ur meter) illuminate when u turn on the key?
When I turned on the key, all the warning lamp on the the meter panel was turned on with the OD lamp blinking. Other warning lamp only turned on(not blinking).

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

Petrol and oil? Or water and oil? I doubt that's petrol. If it is just petrol just dismantle everything, drain the engine oil, drain the gearbox oil and just pour in new one and replace the air filter. Petrol will dry up very very quickly. If it's water that's a bit harder to dry. Just make sure after you close everything up, you give your engine a quick rinse of water to wash off any petrol outside on the engine itself, you don't want a fire to start when starting up the engine.

As for the ECU, probably worthwhile going to a chop shop to find one. Or consider investing in a Motec or Haltech or any standalone ECU for your future modding purposes. :biggrin:
Yes bro, petrol and oil not water and oil. Even the mechanic said this is the first case he found with this problem. This afternoon I thought of another theory how the petrol can get into engine oil. It was connected to my first theory. Through the air box because there is a hose connecting the air box to the valve cover right? So when petrol enter the air box through the throttle body, it flow through that hose into the valve cover and end up mixed with the engine oil. Or I'm wrong?
Iszo, so I don't need to do the overhaul?
Strangely the mechanic told me, 2nd hand ECU from the chop shop is more expensive than the new one as they got warranty from the chop shop. For the new ECU, they got no warranty from Perodua unless they were installed by Perodua themselves.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
ok..don't panic...since u already checked the engine safe and sound.....so the next might be need need from fren to crank the engine while u check the spark from plug ignited or not....if there was no spark the the ecu including tcu might need checking by the wireman....if confirmed ecu/tcu probs then just tow to perodua and ask them change only that...not rebuilding whole engine where you doesn;t need to do... :adore:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Yes bro, petrol and oil not water and oil. Even the mechanic said this is the first case he found with this problem. This afternoon I thought of another theory how the petrol can get into engine oil. It was connected to my first theory. Through the air box because there is a hose connecting the air box to the valve cover right? So when petrol enter the air box through the throttle body, it flow through that hose into the valve cover and end up mixed with the engine oil. Or I'm wrong?
Iszo, so I don't need to do the overhaul?
Strangely the mechanic told me, 2nd hand ECU from the chop shop is more expensive than the new one as they got warranty from the chop shop. For the new ECU, they got no warranty from Perodua unless they were installed by Perodua themselves.
I don't think you need an overhaul unless you got water inside. If water inside there's very high chance of sludge and mud inside, then better have a look in the cylinders (top overhaul only). If it's just petrol I still think all you need is a good flush. But I could be wrong since I haven't seen the car myself.

As for ECU, get it from Perodua la. Warranty or not, as long as they provide no manufacturing defect warranty then get new la.

bro858

Known Member
Jul 26, 2007
ok..don't panic...since u already checked the engine safe and sound.....so the next might be need need from fren to crank the engine while u check the spark from plug ignited or not....if there was no spark the the ecu including tcu might need checking by the wireman....if confirmed ecu/tcu probs then just tow to perodua and ask them change only that...not rebuilding whole engine where you doesn;t need to do... :adore:
I already towed the car to the Perodua Service Centre at the 1st time and they quoted me RM16k. They don't want to change only certain parts selected by customer but need to change all the things they've quoted they don't want to take the risk of recurring faulty/problems. That's why I towed my car to the outside workshop.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
bro858..perhaps u should ask from other perodua service center and only tells them there's suspected ecu malfunction...don't tell them about flood yet untill they plug-in their obd reader and check the ecu/tcu condition throughly....

else u need someone who have the obd reader for myvi to check outside perodua SC... :adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello guys,
I'm new around here.

Well..I would like to know, is it worth it if I install/convert my Wira to a Lancer GSR machine?

Do anyone here know the market price for the half cut?

Regards.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience