MyVi AT (Automatic Transmission) dashboard light turns on

Gail83

Oct 28, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Hello All -

When my car was parked, it got flooded, and the water came into inside.
I didn't start the engine, and it was towed to perodua. I asked them to change ATF Oil, Engine Oil, change all filter, and dry the petrol as well.
After I collected, and drove to Genting. At home, I saw the AT (Automatic Transmission) light in dashboard turn on. It impact every time the gear move to higher one, the car choked. :(

I sent to Perodua, and they said that the issue might be on Wire on Gearbox, or ECU. They want to change the Gearbox wire first, if it can't help, then it needs to change ECU (they are still not sure where the issue is) . However, they don't have a stock on the wire , and even in Kilang doesn't have as well. Hence, I need to wait.
The car is almost parked there for one month. I can't tahan, I collected, and asked them to let me know if the wire is ready.

When I drove back home (distance is 10 km) , the AT indicator in dashboard didn't turn on, and I didn't find any issue when Gear is moving to higher gear. However, when I drove down to KL from home (distance is 14 km), the AT turn on again, and I felt the issue in Gear again.
And when I drove back home from Bukit bintang, the AT Light didn't turn on, and the Gear worked fine.

I would kindly like to ask your thought on this -
1. Why the issue is like intermittent, sometime it turn up, and sometime not? Is this due somehow the wire isn't dry properly, and it needs time to let it dry?
2. Should I still go to change the gearbox wire? Or I just need to wait for another time since it needs time to dry properly? Or I should change the wire?
3. I am bit mad due the wire has no stock for almost 1 month, some more this car is a local car, it is not something that it needs to import from overseas. Do you have any idea if I can check by my own which perodua workshop has this wire? Or do you have a contact number for perodua HQ workshop that I can check for this wire?
4. Do you have any idea how to fix it? Since I am already very frustrated on this?
5. Do you know where the perodua workshop who has good mechanic? I would like to have 2nd Opinion. My place is near Cheras.

Nb: my car is the new MyVi 1.3

Kindly please ask your thought, and appreciate it much.

Thanks,

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

Hello All - Appreciate for any of your thoughts.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
It sounds like your TCU might be damaged, like what P2 said. There's no way to diagnose other than changing it unfortunately. And this is assuming they really did change the ATF oil and all?

Gail83

Oct 28, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
It sounds like your TCU might be damaged, like what P2 said. There's no way to diagnose other than changing it unfortunately. And this is assuming they really did change the ATF oil and all?
Thanks Izso. Ah ic, okay noted with that.
Yes, I wasn't there when they were changing the ATF oil, an filter.
But I can see that they charge me for that as per my request. Hence, I assume that they have changed it.

The issue now is the wire has no stock. I've been waiting for almost 1 month for this.
Do you have any idea where if I can follow up on this?
I am planning to call the headquarters or kilang, but I have no idea to whom I should make a call?

Feel free to have any thoughts on this,

Thanks,

Gail83

Oct 28, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Call them at 1800-88-6600, or fax feedback to 03-6099 2402.

Or submit complaint here : Contact Us | Perodua

I hear P2 is quite strict and fast with complaints.
Hello Izso - Many thanks for this, I've submitted my complaint to them already. Appreciate it much. I should've known earlier on this. Many thanks for the enlightenment.

Thanks,

Cheers,

Gail83

Oct 28, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Hello All - Just want to say thanks for all the input given. Appreciate it much.
Just today finally the wire has come, and it has got to the car, so far the car is fine. I cannot find the AT Dashboard turn on, I drove smoothly without any jerking happens. I hope it is permanent fixes.

Thanks,

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hello Danz -

Oh, can ya?

When you said "change", do you mean get TCU changed with the new TCU, or how?

Kindly please ask your thoughts,
New one. Don't modify anything.

If your car is driving well now, don't do anything and keep monitoring and testing the car. Hard rev it, kick down the gear (floor the pedal), drive slow, etc. Make sure it's operating as it should.

Gail83

Oct 28, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
New one. Don't modify anything.

If your car is driving well now, don't do anything and keep monitoring and testing the car. Hard rev it, kick down the gear (floor the pedal), drive slow, etc. Make sure it's operating as it should.
Thanks Izso..
But I'm afraid if let say that AT Light indicator turn on again (and the car start jerking again) , and they will say the issue is in ECU, instead of referring to the new wire has a flaws.

What do you think I should say to them; so that they want to change the TCU / Wire with the new one?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Thanks Izso..
But I'm afraid if let say that AT Light indicator turn on again (and the car start jerking again) , and they will say the issue is in ECU, instead of referring to the new wire has a flaws.

What do you think I should say to them; so that they want to change the TCU / Wire with the new one?

If there's nothing wrong then no problem. Like I said - keep testing the car. Put it through its paces. We're hoping for nothing wrong since that would mean more $ and time spent fixing it

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
May I ask how deep the flood water got? And if you car was in the water for a few a hours, you may need to get all things with seal checked, cleaned and re-greased, such as crankshaft, wheel bearings, transmission, axle, CV joints... because standing water could have sipped through and give you problem one by one on that parts later, it would be too much a pain in the ass.

Gail83

Oct 28, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
May I ask how deep the flood water got? And if you car was in the water for a few a hours, you may need to get all things with seal checked, cleaned and re-greased, such as crankshaft, wheel bearings, transmission, axle, CV joints... because standing water could have sipped through and give you problem one by one on that parts later, it would be too much a pain in the ass.
Hello YYC -

It is a good question. Actually, I am not too sure due when I was back to the car, the flood no longer happen. But I can see find the seats are wet (means the water came in), but the boot was dry (now water came in).

But you're right, I think I must have a look on those things as well. Thanks a lot YYC. Appreciate much your thoughts.

Thanks,

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

If there's nothing wrong then no problem. Like I said - keep testing the car. Put it through its paces. We're hoping for nothing wrong since that would mean more $ and time spent fixing it
Thanks Izso. Okay noted with thanks on that, will do. I am also hoping no more issue pop up again, it really waste my energy.

Thanks,

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

With the Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Prix coming along this weekend and just four rounds of the MotoGP Championship remaining for the year, things are definitely heating up on the grid and championship leader Jorge Lorenzo added to that when the Fiat Yamaha team rider dropped by the Petronas MotoGP Carnival at KLCC for a meet-the-fans session...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience