Myvi 1.3M Shaking/Vibrates at 70-80kmh.. HELP ME!!!

mebontot

Jun 25, 2011
MY
Dear all..

Did anyone ever had same problem as mine? ; My car start to shakes/vibrate during normal driving in between 70 n 80kmh. at 1st i tot it was the alignment or balancing.. so i did the balancing n alignment and still didnt change anything. :confused: i can say this problem start after i replace the stock crank pulley to the lightweight type. i havent check the engine mounting which i suspected the cause.. if i release the pedal within this speed, it stop shaking d.. but when i start accelerate again, it happen again.. but after 80kmh, no vibrations d. hmmmm.. its not that serious acctually,, but its very disturbing.. :banghead:

help help help.. .:wavey:

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
Its most likely that the light crank pulley was improperly installed. Take it back to the shop or go to a more reliable shop to have it checked and reinstalled.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Either that could be your mounting or check whether your rims are dented. My car, not myvi but it
was shaking badly when I drove, end up is cuz my rims was badly dented.

The other car will be engine roaring loudly and engine vibrates...so mounting checked, is broken...

mebontot

Jun 25, 2011
MY
Its most likely that the light crank pulley was improperly installed. Take it back to the shop or go to a more reliable shop to have it checked and reinstalled.
i ever asked few workshop d. they say its not from the pulley.. i suspect the same thing oso last time.. they say mybe its causing from engine balancing.. adoh2..

red mini 8 7 8

Known Member
Aug 20, 2005
In the car
i ever asked few workshop d. they say its not from the pulley.. i suspect the same thing oso last time.. they say mybe its causing from engine balancing.. adoh2..

Bro, i have read this somewhere and it is best not to use lightened crank pulley that doesnt have a harmonic damper. Which can cause crankshaft failure. You can do some reading in the link below.
Why dont you revert back to original pulleys?

ATI - The Dangers of Power Pulleys & Understanding the Harmonic Damper

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If it's a dented tyre you'd feel the vibration all the time.

I've had a wobbling pulley before and it doesn't vibrate the entire car. But have it checked out anyway just in case. Look at the pulley with the engine idling, get someone to accelerate and look if it's vibrating.

And have on-wheel balancing done. You might have an uneven tyre or something else.

mebontot

Jun 25, 2011
MY
Either that could be your mounting or check whether your rims are dented. My car, not myvi but it
was shaking badly when I drove, end up is cuz my rims was badly dented.

The other car will be engine roaring loudly and engine vibrates...so mounting checked, is broken...
i just bought my rim. this problem occur even b4 i change my rims. at 1st i tot its from the tire or rim.. after i bought new one, still the same.. i suspected the mounting oso.. couse i can feel the vibration inside the car.. aiyaa.. still bz working.. no time bring to workshop.. anyway thanks.. :wavey:

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

Bro, i have read this somewhere and it is best not to use lightened crank pulley that doesnt have a harmonic damper. Which can cause crankshaft failure. You can do some reading in the link below.
Why dont you revert back to original pulleys?

ATI - The Dangers of Power Pulleys & Understanding the Harmonic Damper
before i install the light crank pulley (LCP), i have few doubts oso.. but i get consult from one person who is using it for almost 5 years d, he didnt have any issue on it.. plus, he himself got his car very2 super moded.. mybe it depends on the engine design n type also.. :confused:

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

If it's a dented tyre you'd feel the vibration all the time.

I've had a wobbling pulley before and it doesn't vibrate the entire car. But have it checked out anyway just in case. Look at the pulley with the engine idling, get someone to accelerate and look if it's vibrating.

And have on-wheel balancing done. You might have an uneven tyre or something else.
i have checked the pulley visually. and i have done wheel balancing twice.. still the same.. what i worry now its mybe my gearbox or driveshaft.. adohhh2

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
And you don't get the vibration at any other speed? It's not rev dependent? Damn weird to experience it only at that speed. Wheel bearing spoilt? Or drive shaft?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
shaking when accelerate, no shake when no acceleration? check your drive shafts.

mebontot

Jun 25, 2011
MY
And you don't get the vibration at any other speed? It's not rev dependent? Damn weird to experience it only at that speed. Wheel bearing spoilt? Or drive shaft?
yup yup yup.. only in between that speed.. hurmm..

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

shaking when accelerate, no shake when no acceleration? check your drive shafts.
yaaa.. if didnt accelarate, not shaky.. only during accelerate.. is there any way to check it physically?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Driveshaft cannot check. Most of the time it's a giveaway sound and if continue to ignore, it'll just drop off eventually.

mebontot

Jun 25, 2011
MY
Driveshaft cannot check. Most of the time it's a giveaway sound and if continue to ignore, it'll just drop off eventually.
YEAYYYYY!:rofl: My car good liao.. its my driveshaft! hahaha.. now no more shaky2.. so syok drive.. like brand new.. hahaha :driver:

alienklipsch

Mar 14, 2012
Penang
Hey bro...im facing the same problem as u...and i take to garage check they said mayb the driveshaft problem...i wana ask is how is ur problem solved?change it or repair?and may i noe how much its cost oso thx!!!

dillon24

Apr 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
hi ! since you have change to a new rims, i would recommend you to check your absorber, I have face the same problem before when i have just change my rims, check on the front absorber mounting. hope it helps. :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

here i wan to ask to all sifu's. my frend got a RX8 and he is thinking of swapping 1JZ or 2jz engine into RX8. is that possible???? coz RX7 can be fitted without problem. how bout RX-8?????
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience