My Putra was almos stolen at PALM SPRING...near Ikea.

nuggyn

Known Member
Feb 12, 2004
My Putra was almost stolen at PALM SPRING...near Ikea.

some bastards tried to steal my car last night between 8pm - 10pm.

I went to my friend's condo (Palm Spring, near Ikea) for dinner. I parked my car by the road side about 30 - 40 meters to the entrance (guard house). And that stretch of road is quite busy at that time since residence would be going in and out of the condo.

When i went back to my car at around 10pm....upon approaching my car, i pressed the unlock button on my remote, but there wasn't any response (a beep on the remote). I'm using a 2-way alarm system. So i thought the battery must be weak. As i reach my car, i noticed that my engine is running. DIdn't suspect anything wrong as i thought i must have accidentally pressed the auto remote car start button. To my horror when i reached my car, i noticed that my right windscreen (driver windscreen) was shattered!!! Immediately i knew someone broke into my car and wanted to drive it off. But as a safety precaution, i looked around just to make sure these bastards are not around anymore. OK, clear. I checked my car.

Engine = running
right windsreen = gone
CD player = gone
amplifier = gone
subwoofer = gone
backpack in the boot = GONE!!!!

blardy hell, they took my backpack....which contains my new pair of Dockers, my favourite MU jersey and my clean pair of panty!!! together with some small items like my hair gel, my camera battery charger, my camera 2nd battery, etc. DAMN!!!!

They just sapu whatever they could find in the car, including my new air freshner (they took it!!!!).

But then, i'm glad that my car is still there....they managed to disable the alarm system, and managed to start the car. Later i discovered that the ignition system in a Proton is lousy!!! The mechanic told me that this was done by a professional car stealer. That bastard knew how to start the car without using hotwire.....just remove a socket from the ignition key hole and you can just easily start the car. Tomorrow i'll upload the DEMO video clip and let you guys see how easy to start a car.

So what saved me??

My SOLEX pedal lock!! So it's proven!! if i were to use a steering lock, i bet chances will be that my car would be stolen because it's very easy to remove a steering lock.

But then, i think it would be a deterrant if i use a steering lock because it is VISIBLE from outside. And since i was only using a pedal lock in which it is NOT VISIBLE from outside, i bet these bastards thought that they could steal my car easily since they thought i wasn't using any extra lock.
Tonite i'll go and get a steering lock. call me kiasu or what, from now onwards, i'll use a steering lock (as a deterrant) together with the pedal lock. So those of you who are still relying on steering locks, think twice.
Better get a good pedal lock.

yes, i have made a police report, JUST IN CASE some important documents were taken as well. The police officer also said that this area is quite HOT...a lot of car break-in and car stolen cases.

Really lucky also that my mountain bike wasn't in my car last night. Also, two nights ago, i had took all my cycling gears (helmet, gloves, cycling shoes) into the house.

Oh yeah, they took my toolbox as well!!!

Last edited:

nuggyn

Known Member
Feb 12, 2004
Here's the video clip i was talking about......the bastard managed to hack that ignition socket (white color) out. and to start the car, simply use anything to poke into the rectangle hole and twist it to start. This socket actually resides in the ignition casing, links directly to the ignition key hole.

<<video has been removed>>

Last edited:

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
sad to hear this.. i know that place.. quite a busy area.. sometimes road is jammed due to visitors park at left and right side of road, but they still manage to break in.. dam brave..

lucky you use pedal lock.. im using pedal lock from smart shop, i also use steering lock.. ill use both lock where ever i park in KL..mamaks, malls, im all oke to waste a few minutes to put all locks on.. rather than spending my whole life finding stolen cars!! its not just that safe.. even with peoples around!!!

nuggyn

Known Member
Feb 12, 2004
K_Takuya said:
sad to hear this.. i know that place.. quite a busy area.. sometimes road is jammed due to visitors park at left and right side of road, but they still manage to break in.. dam brave..

lucky you use pedal lock.. im using pedal lock from smart shop, i also use steering lock.. ill use both lock where ever i park in KL..mamaks, malls, im all oke to waste a few minutes to put all locks on.. rather than spending my whole life finding stolen cars!! its not just that safe.. even with peoples around!!!

yeah, parking there is a problem. I was supposed to park in the visitor carpark, but it was full. damn!

i believe these car thieves are professionals and they are bold enough to steal the car there. Also, i believe those who saw it didn't do anything.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
nuggyn said:
yeah, parking there is a problem. I was supposed to park in the visitor carpark, but it was full. damn!
forget about visitor parking at palm spring, it's always FULL, the mother fucker management rent it out for better profit, hence no visitor parking most of the time, and even you got it, it's not free, you need to pay the parking hourly basis. And your car may still get stolen even if it's inside the compound.

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
yeah...heard lots of cases there already....
*sigh*
lucky u still got your car lying around waiting for u.
damn robbers!

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Damn! Thieves are everywhere now... gonna stock some home-made pepper bombs.

stargate

Known Member
Oct 15, 2004
You mentioned that you use 2 way alarm system, didn't it notify you? What alarm brand you're using?

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
Thanks for sharing. I can't decide if I should say you were lucky or not. You still ended up loosing some valuables in the end but it could of course have been much worse. Like some of you, I use both my steering AND pedal lock when parking in dodgy places.

nuggyn

Known Member
Feb 12, 2004
stargate said:
You mentioned that you use 2 way alarm system, didn't it notify you? What alarm brand you're using?

I'm using a Audiovox 2 way alarm system....looks like it failed to transmit signal to my remote. could be the distance, out of radius.

but then, like i said, no matter how expensive or how good your alarm system is....as long as these bastards are able to find your alarm module, it's useless. these ppl knows how to disable the alarm once they get their hands on the alarm module. The best solution to this.....relocate your alarm module.

i went to my friend's place last night for dinner again..but thank God this time the visitor car park wasn't full.

zigg

Oct 22, 2006
nuggyn said:
I'm using a Audiovox 2 way alarm system....looks like it failed to transmit signal to my remote. could be the distance, out of radius.

but then, like i said, no matter how expensive or how good your alarm system is....as long as these bastards are able to find your alarm module, it's useless. these ppl knows how to disable the alarm once they get their hands on the alarm module. The best solution to this.....relocate your alarm module.

i went to my friend's place last night for dinner again..but thank God this time the visitor car park wasn't full.
Uik...can be detail about your alarm ah, supposed to be if your alarm system comes with an immobilizer they still cannot start the car engine since they would need to bypass fuel pump system, starter and ignition system which is connected tru your immobilizer. They must be professional then.

Thanks for sharing. Sad to hear about your car. With your experience we can have some ideas where to hide modules as well.

bluedemon

Known Member
Mar 2, 2005
nuggyn said:
Here's the video clip i was talking about......the bastard managed to hack that ignition socket (white color) out. and to start the car, simply use anything to poke into the rectangle hole and twist it to start. This socket actually resides in the ignition casing, links directly to the ignition key hole.

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa2nfZXt2QY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa2nfZXt2QY[/URL]
wow.. they did the same thing to my car last time. :angry_smile: but my car is an old honda accord. can start the car just by using a flat head screw driver.

DemanG

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
Sucks weih to hear bout ur experience..

But quite dangerous right putting the video here lidet, whoerever also can learn already. :shocked:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

im juz curius
fitting in a 1.5 hydraulic clutch pump in a 1.6liter engine does it effect anything ?
its look almost the the same like the 1.6 hydraulic pump but smaller a bit ..
thanks !
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience