My Perodua Kancil : Chromaworks Sidewinder

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
ohh.. so u r using countersunk bolts for the turbo flange? better to drill the stock exhaust holes to fit the same size as the TD04 hole..

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

ur going to custom ur rear lower arm? is it a L5 disc equipped or stock?

kennyyeoh

Known Member
Sep 11, 2008
Err no actually.. im going to weld the bracket dead to the original manifold.

Its going to run full waja hub assembly, disc and calipers.

Last edited:

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
oh ok.. u suggest the flange hole to be drill the same so the gas flow would be better.. see attached image.. that hole would be better u u drill to same size.. just my opinion..

Attachments

kennyyeoh

Known Member
Sep 11, 2008
Oh haha.. the difference is for welding.. im asking the welder to fill up the difference and i will grind it down to size. The grey part is actually the manifold end while the red piece is the add on adapter.

This is what im trying to achieve.. :)

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Hahah yeah. Having some headaches trying to center the output hole on the manifold and the input side of the turbo. Bolt overlapping. Well decided to weld in a new adapter of the manifold to make it permanently take td04.

On the wastegate the problem seem to be worse than i tot.. the gate is on the internal side of the housing and the output side is shared with the exhaust.. nothing i cant settle tho, ill be fillinf in the cavity and remachine the housing so the exhaust and wastegate side is isolated. On the EWG its gonna be mounted real close to the rad..

You also using Solid Works....Hahaha...I have also but not daily use....still not really good at it though but nice software to draw technical stuff...and design

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Gtproshop has closed down bro.. now the boss is into Cf business

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Im planning to make it a fixed thing.. hehe.. no intentions to sell the turbo anyways.. probably buy a spare to keep rather. thanks for the pointer anyway..
Oh..damn so good workmanship also can close. Guess I have to stick to the best I found so far then. Not sure about After12 workmanship.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
After a 2 years sleep the sidewinder project has been revived, but with much newer parts coming its way with a completely a new build on various vital areas.. from engine to suspension and even minor updates on body works...
Fuh! the tyres are huge....Bridgy RE-001......:driver:

kennyyeoh

Known Member
Sep 11, 2008
Titan haha.. thats my cari makan tool.. hahaha.. one of the best to do design and engineering...

Supra_Fanatics, i cant commeny on other shops but gtpro closed for a better prospect.

Vr2turbo. Well theyre not huge for todays standards but if for kancil considered fat for sure

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Titan haha.. thats my cari makan tool.. hahaha.. one of the best to do design and engineering...

Supra_Fanatics, i cant commeny on other shops but gtpro closed for a better prospect.

Vr2turbo. Well theyre not huge for todays standards but if for kancil considered fat for sure
Added spacers or just rims negative offset?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Snails normally very slow but these are super fast snails......hahhahahhaa:rofl:

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

That is what I mean, huge for the little SLK......:biggrin:

kennyyeoh

Known Member
Sep 11, 2008
Supra fanatics. Used to be spacers.. huge goddamn spacers.. now rebuilding the suspension assembly to widen the track. Wanna reduce the scrub radius

Vr2 hahah need to be able to lay the snail power to the ground.. but im not into too much power, prefer more control with good balance of power

Starkiller

500 RPM
May 19, 2010
Hartamas
Starkiller.. wah now riding Merc d... what happened to your neo bro? Still keeping that beast?
I wish bro, sold it 3 years ago :bawling:. Being a 6 year old car, problems started to come up (ie. leaking roof, etc.). Extremely jealous you still have your project around and still giving it plenty of TLC. hehe.

By the way, I didnt know that GTPro-shop closed down?

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
Oh haha.. the difference is for welding.. im asking the welder to fill up the difference and i will grind it down to size. The grey part is actually the manifold end while the red piece is the add on adapter.

This is what im trying to achieve.. :)
ahh.. if thats what u plan, then its ok.. u can use porting tool to downsize the fillet weld. hoe about outside? no welding?

btw, nice sketch tho.. :rofl:

kennyyeoh

Known Member
Sep 11, 2008
Starkiller.. u serious ah bro.. u can buy many project cars with ur current ride(s).. 2 mercs?? Man how rich are u ha bro.. i can only afford to really mod one car and light mod the others.. heheh.. yeah vincent told me he closed down the custom shop and now is in a CF manufacturing business..

No need jealous bro.. go buy another neo and start again!

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

4g, outside there will be 3 1" long weld to hold up the strength... dont laugh at my sketch la...hahhahahha:p

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
oh ok. nicely done.. last time my flange didn't weld to the manifold instead i used countersunk bolt. so the flange can be dismantle when not in use.. but in this case, u will maintain the turbo rite? so no problemo.. just anxious to know how the end result will make.. cross finger bro..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A little help here...

Do you know any exhaust tip that sounds like a tuner or a racing car?

Can I change the tip alone or do I have to change muffler as well?

I don't want it to be too loud (not to seek attention), but just a little nice broom-broom effect as I rev..

My car is N/A 1.6
And the whole exhuast system is still stock, with a twin exhaust tip (or however you call it :regular_smile: )

Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience