Must change Myvi AT oil filter when change AT oil ?

swgiant

May 11, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
When change the AT oil then also change the AT oil filter, does it a necessary? Because some workshop mentioned that not need to change the AT filter just change the AT oil every 20K KM.
Anyway, how much for AT oil filter ?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Change the workshop if they said no need to change. The filter set itself is about RM40 for a reasonably good one. The workmanship is a different thing cuz they have to remove about 16 size 10 bolts total. It's time consuming but it's quite an easy job. Change it together with your ATF otherwise you'll just be accumulating dirt and grime in the filter long term. Not healthy.

desmond0318

Known Member
May 31, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Some workshop just doing it for reason, time consuming and charge less they don't really wanna do it, just wait until ur gearbox big problem appears they will have diffenrent face :biggrin:

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
Myvi SE AT using filter mesh ( perodua staff said one, they said no need open wash or anything)

is it true ah? car auto gearbox already run more than 100k, gear still feel cun.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I'd need to see the Myvi SE (1.5?) ATF filter myself to compare. I'm sure they are different since the GB and engine are different. But for my two Myvi 1.3s, they use a paper filter not a mesh.

Even if it is a mesh filter, think about it. My filter has known to have some black sticky substance on it. Let's say your mesh filter does filter this stuff, then what? You not changing the filter is not a good thing.

Anyway, if your car has 100k km on it and nothings wrong, great. Good for you. When it starts to fail, don't complain. Simple as that!

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
I'd need to see the Myvi SE (1.5?) ATF filter myself to compare. I'm sure they are different since the GB and engine are different. But for my two Myvi 1.3s, they use a paper filter not a mesh.

Even if it is a mesh filter, think about it. My filter has known to have some black sticky substance on it. Let's say your mesh filter does filter this stuff, then what? You not changing the filter is not a good thing.

Anyway, if your car has 100k km on it and nothings wrong, great. Good for you. When it starts to fail, don't complain. Simple as that!
Myvi 1.3 SE bro, The problem is not i dont want to change, the car still in warranty.
I dont dare to open and check it because scared they notice it and cancel the warranty and the myvi actually not my car.

I insist there is a filter since ur car have it but the staff keep saying it is filter mesh.

She said no need take out wash or anything.:banghead:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Myvi 1.3 SE bro, The problem is not i dont want to change, the car still in warranty.
I dont dare to open and check it because scared they notice it and cancel the warranty and the myvi actually not my car.

I insist there is a filter since ur car have it but the staff keep saying it is filter mesh.

She said no need take out wash or anything.:banghead:
That's very tricky of them. Well, since the car probably has 3 year extended warranty anything feels funny with the GB just claim a new one. Insist that they do that and also if possible get them to put into black and white that ATF filter no need to change.

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
That's very tricky of them. Well, since the car probably has 3 year extended warranty anything feels funny with the GB just claim a new one. Insist that they do that and also if possible get them to put into black and white that ATF filter no need to change.
Ya, can't do anything since they insisted dont have the thing.
The car have extra extended warranty after i curi change mounting.:biggrin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
my own calculation is:

change ATF every 4th EO change (20k km range)

then change ATF filter every 3rd ATF change (20k+20k+20k=60k km range)

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
just change the filter when its time. The filter don't cost much compared to broken g/box later.
the (replaceable) filter is there for a purpose.

swgiant

May 11, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
just now i changed the ATF filter, they dismantled the AT oil pan, cleaned the gasket, oil pan and installed a new AT filter.
I saw they poured in a new 3L of ATF, but I read somewhere only need 2.2L, then how come mine need 3L ? Does it overfill ?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
just now i changed the ATF filter, they dismantled the AT oil pan, cleaned the gasket, oil pan and installed a new AT filter.
I saw they poured in a new 3L of ATF, but I read somewhere only need 2.2L, then how come mine need 3L ? Does it overfill ?
Where did you read 2.2L? I filled my ATF, ran it abit to warm up the oil, checked the level, filled it up again (topup) then ran it sommore, checked the level and kept doing that until the oil level was just right. You have to measure when the oil is hot - meaning car being stationary will not work for you. You have to drive it around about 10 minutes then measure.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
2.2 liter if only draining without removing oil-pan

my 1.6 gb need 3liter if remove oil-pan

while on the other time i did remove oil-pan for 1.5 gb need 4liter

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anybody knows what is proton 1.8 radiator capacity? 5l, 6l?
i want to change the coolant to Caltex extended life.. it is sold in 0.5l per bottle.. 50%-50% mixture.. so i need to know how many bottles do i need
and how much per bottle anyway? caltex stations are selling RM16.50 each :(
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience