• add supercharge on it?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • just change the whole muffler system?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

KLEMANN

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
hello everyone......i would like to get some advice n suggestion....coz i wanted modify my Mitsubishi Colt Galant Sigma 77`s without change the engine........

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
agree with skywalker.......ori engine is better esp if you are keen with the classic car value....

Remember, to rojak a car is very easy. To retain ori value, at the same time improve performance is very hard to do.

techiner

Apr 14, 2005
what year galant sigma is yours?? i've seen one version standart with turbo. but if it is na... maybe have a lot of work to do lor.. just make sure that the brakes and wheels are upgraded too.. but keep it old skool. offset rims, nice suspension setup.. if posible front and back upgraded dicsbrakes. honestly if you ask me.. just turbocharge lor... afterall.. you dont want to spend lots of money and end up regreting cos not as powerful as you expected or kena tapou by kancil turbo... heheh.. lookup on the net for some ideas.. if your planing na then i recoment twin weber carburators.. wooo hooo... dunt forget body works first.. very very i stress very important..

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
so old car u want speeding meh??... later the whole car disintegrate... haha... better keep it old school lar... if u want performance out of it, do some extra welding on ur chassis... i'm sure ur chassis is old and prone to rust, thus weak... sand blast it if possible... most important is ur chassis....

KLEMANN

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
but another thing is.......when in the morning i drive my car the engine running quite powerful....but when it come to afternoon the rattling like when under hard accelerate.......consult few mechanics,they give same answer is classic car is like tat wor....i`m a bit confused n get advices from u all......

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
to make things simple, i also will answer u with that reason...

there's lotsa stuff comes into consideration... engine components wear n tear, off-tuned carburettor, blocked carburettor, bla bla bla...

do complete engine overhaul... this should overcome most of the problem...

adibk10

Known Member
Jul 5, 2005
KL/PJ
www.supermarch.cjb.net
maybe its due to hot weather..better u check the intake system,means ur crburator n filters.i thinks there's a lot of dust there.
better advice for u is tried to not get the steel air filter..steel kinda sucks hot(serap haba) alot..less fresh air comes to ur combustion area+rich fuels=no pickup and will couse carbon in ur cumbustion area..

only my 2cent advice....

thus i still thinking that restoration for old car takes time and money..but when u finish it u'll satisfied.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
when doing a old school car, always start off with a good car body. Make sure rust is taken care of as much as posible.

No point having so much hos power but your chassis cannot handle the twisting power of the engine right?

BTW, does your sigma got 4 round head lamp? this sigma look very ganas...driving position is a bit difficult as the dashbod is high...

KLEMANN

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
yes....tat`s right....tat model...4 round lamp at front...it look a bit like a muscle car type....da car muffler quite noisy as is still original system never been modify tat muffler.......

techiner

Apr 14, 2005
okay guys i know i sounded gelojo.. but what i ment was like this.. the rule of thumb to do anything with a classic car is to restore the chasis first(realignment, strenghtening, rust treatment) then you move on to either going part by part upgrade that takes a longggggg time or... you could get a half cut, preferably another mitsu from the 80s or early 90s, transplant whatever you can from it. you might have to modify a few things to fit.. from then on keep track of what parts taken from what car as to ease the finding of replacements and repair-kits. but before you install the engine its adviseable to repace all gaskets, rubber components and thurough engine wash. you dont know how long its been under the sun and rain.. cheers.