modified halogen/white light...

arsenalfc9

Feb 27, 2005
da 613, Canada
Visit site
hey all... quick question I'm planning on installing a set of new white lights for my Kelisa. When I was surveying around, I found one which costs RM388 plus installation, called Phillips H4 white light. I've heard that all white lights aren't that clear compared to the normal halogen lights, and are even worse when its raining outside. The tauke of da shop said that this brand was different and was good and strong, basically just trying to sell his productlah really. My question to all is, is this brand of white light any good??? and if it is, is the price reasonable or am i getting ripped off here??? Or I should just abandon my plans in general and not give up practicality/efficiency over aesthetics... Thanks in advance for the info...

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
phillips crystal halogen bulb is one of the best in its class (means not HID, halogen but emit white light)... but still, u cant get anywhere near HID type... means ur visibility especially in rainy days will decrease... i'm now using normal halogen bulb with halogen spotlights, still cant see clearly in rain...

so the choice is up to u... white lights are cool but be reminded that ur visibility will be affected (u still can install spotlight to overcome the poor visibility)... if its out of ur budget, go back for OEM bulbs... they are as good too...
got money only change HID lo...

k3vi3

Known Member
Aug 31, 2005
ss3 pj
actually....HIDs have even worse visiblity XD
beenusing philips blue vision and crystal vision (400k and 4300k) respectively and could see in the rain...unlike my current RM18 500k japan bulbs T_T later gonna change back to crystal vision already....

reddice

1,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2004
Tochigi Japan
japan.com
get a spotlight for your car..that will solve the efficiency in raining conditions..

when raining..just switch on the yellow halogen spotlight..but if you only have the white bulb..damn scary man..if raining..less visibility....

p/s : im using michiba 50%+ bulb only..not HID or taiko2 brand..so maybe differ from the philips bulb...maybe the philips is better in raining conditions..

gloss

1,500 RPM
May 23, 2005
SJ
get install storbe light also.. but for reminder, only on for emerdency purpose....

taqu

Known Member
Dec 17, 2004
Visit site
RM380 for halogen bulb? Expensive meh! I bought my Philips Vision Plus yellow light for RM105 only.