Mod Waja To Evo 4 engine or MIVEC 1.8 engine?

CrankShaft

Known Member
Jul 25, 2005
USA
eloo c-foos,

Thinking of transplanting engines for my waja.
Just need to know which one should be more suitable
Between evo4 or MIVEC 1.8 RS.

2. How much would the half cut costs for both engines.
3. Which is a good workshop for transplanting engines in KL?
4. Any issues to get JPJ endorsement for Evo 4 in Waja?
5. The power for both engines. Which is more beuty in terms of "Fast".

:driver:

Last edited:

smallmaster

Known Member
Apr 1, 2009
Johor
Better go for evo4 engine !!! Nowdays JPJ apporval is quit easy ( if u have deep pocket ) !!! 4G63T still a beauty or u can choose 4G93T alsol !! I have seen lot of waja with evo n gsr engine. It is better for u to contact GT auto for more information and good workmanship !!!!!

GT-Auto - Contact

Last edited:

Known Member
Jan 3, 2008
bro, depend on your budget, if big, go for evo4, if not go for 1.8gsr, still a good choice...

smallmaster

Known Member
Apr 1, 2009
Johor
If u like to play with scooby n evo's n etc during track day, better choose evo4 :boxing:or GSR :vroam::vroam:. I don tink so u will face a big issue during apporval:musicus::musicus::musicus:. Got Money >>> Everything ok !!!!:party:

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Waja curb weight is heavy, interm of power to weight, torque; still turbo engine is the best.

kenzo

6,000 RPM
if ur budget is less than 10k i advise not to transplant evo 4, seriously its a headache, there's alot of mod u have to do, but the power, seriously, u will never regret la haha, anyways i transplant my gen2 to evo4 3 years ago,now using evo 6 engine way better, i suggest u take evo 6, the pistons are lighter and shorter, the evo 4 tend to have crank free play and ur timing sensor will kong time by time after a hard whacking...

if u need any help or any questions u wanna ask, feel free to email me [email protected], then we can go fly around together lol :biggrin:

smallmaster

Known Member
Apr 1, 2009
Johor
here comes the monster Proton. Hey don left me behind for a ride man !! Lets TT. wohoooo !!! Kenzo i got add u in facebook 2day !!! LOL. u look younger than me man !!! Im 18. U?

yah yah.... saves ur money n go for evo 6. !!! Happy New Year !!!

Last edited:

CrankShaft

Known Member
Jul 25, 2005
USA
yes..evo 4 might be the best !! but i need to know the price for the half cut for evo4 and the installation cost as well..any of you guys are on evo 4? any common problems? If too expensive ...i' ll sell out my waja and buy perdana which had already been converted to evo 3? But at the same time am thinking of any future problem if I buy perdana on evo 3...any knowledge and experience sharing?

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

Better go for evo4 engine !!! Nowdays JPJ apporval is quit easy ( if u have deep pocket ) !!! 4G63T still a beauty or u can choose 4G93T alsol !! I have seen lot of waja with evo n gsr engine. It is better for u to contact GT auto for more information and good workmanship !!!!!

GT-Auto - Contact
bro...GT auto ada web and contact? need to ask how much to create big monster by them .

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
proton cars 1.6cc to 2.0cc can approve meh?..

CrankShaft

Known Member
Jul 25, 2005
USA
yes..evo 4 might be the best !! but i need to know the price for the half cut for evo4 and the installation cost as well..any of you guys are on evo 4? any common problems? If too expensive ...i' ll sell out my waja and buy perdana which had already been converted to evo 3? But at the same time am thinking of any future problem if I buy perdana on evo 3...any knowledge and experience sharing?

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

bro...GT auto ada web and contact? need to ask how much to create big monster by them .

bro..i contacted them through web..what they say was they don't do engine transplant but if they were asked to the cost for labour is rm3500 not including the half cut and changing items in the engine ..

Known Member
Jan 3, 2008
its a bit high, its around rm2k (normally depend what workshop are you deal with, some can get below rm2k) for workmanship, if same body transplant like ck to ck body its should be more cheaper...

CrankShaft

Known Member
Jul 25, 2005
USA
i think if evo 4 in waja hard to get JPJ approval....
anyone know which one is better between GSR terbalik turbo and MIVEC ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Guys,

Any recommendation on how to DIY to protect your head lamps from turning yellowish over time?

Thank you.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience