Mod Evo 3 Engine. Need Help

boi

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
Actually stock evo piston can hold 1.5 with proper afr value...

Common piston people put into evo normally failady, 1jz & 2jz...
If you go for fairlady, yes u can gain a lot with sacrifiying the cylinder sleeve coz u need to rebore 2mm compare to 1mm only with 1jz / 2jz...
If 1jz, the piston surface is flat but when u put into block the piston will be lower few mm from top block otherwise u skim the top block...if u go for 2jz u will get really low compression...u need to play with higher boost set up to compensate the loss from low rpm...

I have tried to put 3sgte pistons into evo previously and i think this piston is the best compare from all three above...the piston is 86mm and top piston is level with top block when installed...ngam2 like standart one...but compression a bit higher compare to stock one...spooling respon was very nice...

If u using toyota piston, go for original toyota piston ring rather than RIK / NPR if u want more safety...

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
never oversize too much if u r planning for high boost.

if u r running stock or slightly bigger turbo n wan a better response...dun go too low compression

low compression good for high boost but its lag before boost kick in

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
Actually stock evo piston can hold 1.5 with proper afr value...

Common piston people put into evo normally failady, 1jz & 2jz...
If you go for fairlady, yes u can gain a lot with sacrifiying the cylinder sleeve coz u need to rebore 2mm compare to 1mm only with 1jz / 2jz...
If 1jz, the piston surface is flat but when u put into block the piston will be lower few mm from top block otherwise u skim the top block...if u go for 2jz u will get really low compression...u need to play with higher boost set up to compensate the loss from low rpm...

I have tried to put 3sgte pistons into evo previously and i think this piston is the best compare from all three above...the piston is 86mm and top piston is level with top block when installed...ngam2 like standart one...but compression a bit higher compare to stock one...spooling respon was very nice...

If u using toyota piston, go for original toyota piston ring rather than RIK / NPR if u want more safety...
wanted to put 3sgte pistons into my 6a12tt the last time but had a hard time finding it, so scrapped the project.

evo2 can go 1.5bar as it has lower compression than evo3.

Hadi17

Known Member
Dec 13, 2010
Johor
so u guys saying 3sgte pistons are the best for evo ?? what about forged pistons ? :hmmmm:
soryy coz im still noob

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
so u guys saying 3sgte pistons are the best for evo ?? what about forged pistons ? :hmmmm:
soryy coz im still noob
if u r low budget on modification..then get those 1jz/2jz/fairlady piston coz is cheaper

if ur budget is allowed, get forged piston directly

depends wat u wan to achieve and how much u r willing to spent

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
boost and horse power is never enough.....:biggrin:
Today 200 horsie, tomorrow 220 horsie, next month 250 horsie.....etc

Before going out to gain kuda power, do think of the overall handling of the car....
All the power is useless without control, they say.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All,

Do anyone know anything about this powerzone LSD? Please give me some feedback on this item, reliability? Thank you.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience