Mivec Club

speedking

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
guys.....how is last friday TT? got long kai section?

gibod_78

1,500 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
Visit site
heefmy said:
i wan people to tell me the mivec club address..

pls pm me to tell me the address.....thanks a lot all the mivec owner
hi bro.. mivec club in zth dont have own homepage.. its not aclually an established club whatsoever, just a forum to discuss about mivec and everyone who log on to zth is invited. once in a while, the guys will meet up usually in syed ariff, taipan subang jaya..
to be part of this its easy.. just keep updating and posting in here.. and meet up when there's TT sessions up.. many sifu's in here..
enjoy yr stay.. :)

speedking

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
ZeNeGeR said:
ur avatar like u lah hahaha macam budak hahah
is not budak.....many gals call it cute...hahahahahahahaa

Henryfong

Known Member
Jan 12, 2004
Segambut
Visit site
speedking said:
guys.....how is last friday TT? got long kai section?
The TT is quite OK ... we meet up with 2 new member .... Hero and Ah ming ...

Ah Ming car was a 1.8mivec ... i test it .. is quite ok ... then the next day i and him go to Dyno at N1 racing ... on wheel horses got 157hp .....

anyway how was ur ecu...??? haven back ar ???

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
Hi guys!

Nice to know there's a good resource of MIVEC enthusiasts here in ZTH. I'm also interested to inject some of that magic into my 4G93P (Siemens). For that, I've got a few questions. Pardon me if I missed out on reading through the 80 pages of this thread, I did a search and am still not satisfied with some answers:

1) I'm currently running on a 2" Hotbits exhaust system, straight flow decatted. Any problems if I just keep this setup?

2) My car already uses a MAP sensor, do I still need to change the intake manifold and sensor? Any other issues with the Siemens platform?

3) A major concern is fuelling. MIVEC ECU was meant for a 1.6 and obviously uses the fuel map for that displacement. Won't bolting onto a 1.8 block cause it to be very lean? This is a worry especially during high rpm, which is what MIVEC is all about.

4) How to solve #3? Bigger injectors (to cope with the higher rpm range)? Fuel regulator or VAFC + tuning? If bigger injectors, will GSR injectors suffice?

5) It was mentioned by HenryFong that the cost of the parts for a MIVEC conversion is >2.5k. How much is the typical cost of installation?

6) From my calculations and research, I would need at least 6k in hand for a successful project. True? :confused:

7) I read somewhere about a real 4G93 MIVEC produced for the Taiwan market. Does this really exist? Is it possible to just get this car's ECU and problem #3 will be solved with my stock fuelling internals, without dyno tuning?

So thank you very much, MIVEC sifus if you can answer my n00b questions.

ZeNeGeR

500 RPM
May 1, 2004
Visit site
wah 157 ah loon how much is that rpm cut off ? max torque ? 157hp at how much RPM ?

Henryfong

Known Member
Jan 12, 2004
Segambut
Visit site
prozac said:
Hi guys!

Nice to know there's a good resource of MIVEC enthusiasts here in ZTH. I'm also interested to inject some of that magic into my 4G93P (Siemens). For that, I've got a few questions. Pardon me if I missed out on reading through the 80 pages of this thread, I did a search and am still not satisfied with some answers:

1) I'm currently running on a 2" Hotbits exhaust system, straight flow decatted. Any problems if I just keep this setup?

2) My car already uses a MAP sensor, do I still need to change the intake manifold and sensor? Any other issues with the Siemens platform?

3) A major concern is fuelling. MIVEC ECU was meant for a 1.6 and obviously uses the fuel map for that displacement. Won't bolting onto a 1.8 block cause it to be very lean? This is a worry especially during high rpm, which is what MIVEC is all about.

4) How to solve #3? Bigger injectors (to cope with the higher rpm range)? Fuel regulator or VAFC + tuning? If bigger injectors, will GSR injectors suffice?

5) It was mentioned by HenryFong that the cost of the parts for a MIVEC conversion is >2.5k. How much is the typical cost of installation?

6) From my calculations and research, I would need at least 6k in hand for a successful project. True? :confused:

7) I read somewhere about a real 4G93 MIVEC produced for the Taiwan market. Does this really exist? Is it possible to just get this car's ECU and problem #3 will be solved with my stock fuelling internals, without dyno tuning?

So thank you very much, MIVEC sifus if you can answer my n00b questions.

Let me answer the question one by one ...... !!
1. yes u can keep the exhaust system but will cut off ur hp at high end ... flow rate problem ...... in the other way round u will have very good respond on low end ..
2. yes u do need to change the whole intake manifold and the map sensor ... bcoz the intake manifold from mivec have better length and the collector is large size... everything have been blueprinted by mitsubishi. n mivec throttle body have the maximum size 60mm.
3. yes it will lean at low end all the way to 6000rpm ... after that is rich...
4. u can solve if u got budget lar ... if u go for Safc or Vafc, u just only can retune the a/f ratio ... for 1.8mivec u need to have ITC to make the engine 100% power ...
5. I mention that part are costing about 2.5k ...... installation would be around rm400-600
6. No ... unless together with e-damage lar
7. no ... mitsu only come out with 4g92 so properly 93 is a converted ..... if really do so, the ecu also cannot fit in ur car ... becoz transverse engine ... n everything control by ecu ... example Cam angle sensor, Crank Angle Sensor ... n the engine did not have any distributor .... so dun think about it ...

Henryfong

Known Member
Jan 12, 2004
Segambut
Visit site
ZeNeGeR said:
wah 157 ah loon how much is that rpm cut off ? max torque ? 157hp at how much RPM ?
max horses = 157.42ps
Max torqky = 16.60 kgm

the car is quite smooth... and no knocking .. distributor have set to 8' degree ....
now i doing remap for the air fuel ratio and itc ... next week we will see the next dyno result ...

rc_intercooler

Jun 1, 2004
Visit site
::alOha::
wanna ask ofr oppinion- my mivec head bengkok already coz of over heating.
Should skim d head or buy a new 1? which 1 better?d price?

MonsterTacho

500 RPM
Dec 9, 2003
Visit site
rcintercooler: head bengkok bcoz of overheating? serious shit ?my engine bay also very hot after short distances...wonder if there is any effect similar to yours

henryf: so u reckon i need a Vafc, SITC and a rechip to gain more power w/o changing cams and standalone engine management? my goal is to have power without spending money on cams and expensive ecus...

Say i achieve about 10 more horses from the above mods. Was wondering if the standard 1.8 internals and g/box can tahan or not?

rc_intercooler

Jun 1, 2004
Visit site
for now my stock piston and g/box housing still tahan.but mivec turbo really2 fast to get hot even in a short distannce.always make sure the water level inside radiator is ok.

ZeNeGeR

500 RPM
May 1, 2004
Visit site
i think Mivec GB can tahan alot hp, u maybe consider ur clutch can tahan anot is more important than the gb. 1 of my friend mivec turbo i think 400++ hp when drag more than 50 times 0-400 meter i think he need to change his racing clutch... Even some of the evo with high Hp their 3 plate racing clutch also wont last long.

No worries with the engine heat is normal as long as ur water temp did not go HIGH is fine.My current engine is even hotter compare to my ex mivec especially the fan blow all the hot air is like inside sauna room