MIVEC + 1.8block Overall height?

WiraLoh

Feb 25, 2006
I have one converted MIVEC + 1.8 block,
Recently i notice alot of car magazine also feature the same modification but their engine is not high and no need to jack up the front hood and still can use back the original extractor cover.

I have ask my mekanik he said all modified mivec with 1.8 block will be slightly higher because of the longer 1.8 block so need to jack up the front hood.

My question is
Is it possible to make it so that the mivec + 1.8block is not that high and how they do it?

Last edited:

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
I recently had to cut a piece of my hood away because my timing belt cover kept hitting the hood until it cracked.

Not sure whether you can get the block to sit lower in the engine bay but for me its higher than when i had a normal 4g93p engine without the mivec heads.

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
mivec head is 2 layer head, so it will higher than normal engine head.

ones~80

Jan 7, 2007
i already modified my 4G93T with mivec head, my bonet it's okey.. not too high but still slightly higher than GSR head. i don't know how u converted u'rs..

Wira_RS

Known Member
Sep 29, 2006
ones~80 said:
i already modified my 4G93T with mivec head, my bonet it's okey.. not too high but still slightly higher than GSR head. i don't know how u converted u'rs..
id like to see your engine bay
hope you dont mind to share with us here

m@ttz

1,500 RPM
May 7, 2006
klang
deacon said:
I recently had to cut a piece of my hood away because my timing belt cover kept hitting the hood until it cracked.

Not sure whether you can get the block to sit lower in the engine bay but for me its higher than when i had a normal 4g93p engine without the mivec heads.
Agreed,same like my fren's,need to cut some of hood's casis/tulang. But got somebody said that the 4g93 carb's block higher than injction one, is it true??

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
ones~80 said:
Did you raise your bonet slightly to accommodate for the heat expenditure 'cos if you did then its no wonder why you don't have any problems heh.

WiraLoh

Feb 25, 2006
Its a 1.6 Mivec just change the block to a 1.8 GSR block, so all wiring still use back.

The hood has been raise up and also need to knock on the casis/tulang.

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
maybe it is the engine mounting...

ones~80

Jan 7, 2007
deacon said:
Did you raise your bonet slightly to accommodate for the heat expenditure 'cos if you did then its no wonder why you don't have any problems heh.
for your info,

my car almost standard modified, my bonet standard position not raise it..
just new touch.. still in progress to upgrade more..
my pocket money don't allow me to totally upgrade..
but coming soon.. hopefully...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Trust me, I had the same expression as you, “WTF, is that real?” Well apparently it is real, the fact that its upside down that is. Taken at the Moscow International Airport, it is not known whether the car is real or made out of plastic, but I reckon it’s plastic. I doubt if Mercedes really would stick half a ton of E-Class on a ceiling. It’s a really good marketing propaganda if you ask me, we...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience