Mitsubishi GTO or FTO?

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
that 1 is only panda,not monster...the white monster is the fto which roaring ard kepong area with cf hood & gt wing

cnxnet

Known Member
Mar 30, 2006
hey mid engine,how r u?come la to kepong tt so we can blow water...

fto is too fast for an uncle like me..
yes, i agree uncle car Fto not suit brother 5115. M3 are best for you :adore:

mid_engine

Jan 8, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
that 1 is only panda,not monster...the white monster is the fto which roaring ard kepong area with cf hood & gt wing
oh..that one white fto,i saw it around pasar borong area.
his father damn rich...
i had been goto kepong,but no time to meet u guys.

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
mid engine:i guess u got my contact,call me whenever u dropby kepong

cnxnet:too bad i can afford 3M tape onli

nitromx

Sep 30, 2009
Sel
hi guys
been looking around for FTO lately
any advice on looking for FTO?

notice there are 2 version of engines
one is 200bhb and another is lesser
how to know which is which?

thanks

gbajien

Aug 29, 2012
Selangor
rather incorrect info there dude, the GTO had a 1990 to 1999 production run:
GTO Mk1 - 1990 to 93 (pop-up headlights, 5-speed Getrag gearbox)
GTO Mk2 - 1994 to 96 (VR4 version starts)
GTO Mk3 - 1997 to 1998 (MR version starts)
GTO Mk4 - 1999 (the last production year and ultra rare, especially here is S.E.A)

Then you have the variants: NA - FWD, TwinTurbo auto or manual (either the TT, VR-4, or MR)
for the TwinTurbo, the average power it makes is 316Bhp and 427Nm of torque (varies a bit between Japan / UK / USA)

Mitsubishi Japan still manufacture some components for the GTO as there is a significant following and customer base in those regions, though its a make-as-per-order basis (i know cause I bought a pair of door covers online from a GTO shop in the UK, package came in an MMC packaging with serial and parts number).

You want a torque-machine on the same level as the Supra, Skyline and 300ZX, then the GTO is for you (5-speed Mk1 can hit 180kmh in 3rd gear). But be prepared to do your homework on how to get it running properly, especially in terms of sourcing quality used parts (or half-cuts) and for performance upgrades ... these are better sourced in the US (like GTO/3000GT tuners 3SX) and UK, as local chopshops will quote you cut-throat prices for GTO parts here and the condition isn't always good..

And Thailand has an awesome GTO group and with very souped up GTO's
(GTO's used to be available in M'sia back in 1993 -1996 under the distributor Cycle & Carriage if i'm not mistaken)

Personally, if I had the money i'd get an FTO to accompany my GTO hehehe (6A12 & 6G72 TT)

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
gto and fto really have special place in my hearts as the "thunderbolt" movie from jackie chan plays in my mind clearly... :biggrin: :driver:

gbajien

Aug 29, 2012
Selangor
gto and fto really have special place in my hearts as the "thunderbolt" movie from jackie chan plays in my mind clearly... :biggrin: :driver:
yea man, its a unique car with a look that still doesn't look its age :)

and Mitsu went all out to cram tech into the car:
4WD, 4WS, 3L twinturbo V6, getrag gearbox, suspension with ACS (active dampers), active aero (front lip comes out at 100kmh, while rear spoiler angles downwards), exhaust valve control (to change the exhaust note), electric seats with side-bolster adjuster ...
all this from a 1990 car :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guy any good alarm for MPV ???
need shock,brake in,tow and bla bla ...

i need a good alarm cause i always simply park my car .....
thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience