Mitsubishi GTO or FTO?

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
i tested a FTO,the power just like driving a perdana V6. Most FTO available in Malaysia are auto. There is a GTO for sale by the mainroad,next to caltex petrol station in front of leisure mall,cheras. i went to look the car was a waste,an old pussy,some more sellling RM68k. The car was badly dent,interior was old,smelly,crack rubber..can't believe someone would buy that car with such price:stupid::stupid:
i would choose FTO,no matter how,because it's coupe and it rocks!!!

Bump: mitsubishi claims his GTO is the highest range sportcar,i wonder why they said that. the car can't even beat a Ferrari 360,can u imagine? the car is SLOWER THAN FERRARI 360? all the cars slower than that are junks.:listen:

i drive junk :rofl:

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
Eh since when was the GTO released the same time as a Ferrari 360?

sonoffire666,
You make some valid points about choice of vehicle. I don't doubt the GTO is a slob compared to the light weight FTO. But here's some food for thought. Acquiring the parts you mentioned for turning an FTO into a 2.5 Mivec plus NOS beast would probably run you about, oh let's say 7 to 10k? Correct me if i am wrong :).

I must say the sound of a 2.5 Mivec is tempting but nevertheless for the same amount of money i am sure scoring higher spec fuel injectors and a piggy back would be easy for a GTO - if the aim on the stock turbos is to boost 1.1 to 1.2 bar. I'd be willing to say that getting an aftermarket intercooler as well for the GTO with the same budget isn't too difficult either.

But i am willing to agree even with the mods i mentioned, the GTO would probably be slower than the FTO.

But this is all speculation anyways, cos i don't know squat about either car.
<--- Honda guy :D

cnxnet

Known Member
Mar 30, 2006
FTO can drive as daily drive also can be performance car.
GTO is fast but i think only at highway coz body are big and heavy
if you drive GTO as daily drive car, make sure you can afford the petrol price and the parts:smokin:
(i think not easy to get parking also )

Last edited:

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Can a GTO be downgrade in car capacity in order to reduce road tax ??

bumps

Last edited by a moderator:

SpEeDZoNe

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
fto go go go!!!~~~
use galant 2.5 block + twin turbo then remain mivec head u will have 2.5 mivec twin turbo just like evo 9 (mivec turbo)

cnxnet

Known Member
Mar 30, 2006
Speedzone bro, make sure you use 4WD for your FTO if you plaining to do 2.5 mivec twin turbo.
Cannt wait to see your monster :love:

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
cnxnet cannot hold his steering wheel when he launch...too much powah

SpEeDZoNe

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
i say say only
mine is automatic 1 and no mods ok
exhaust got lah

cnxnet

Known Member
Mar 30, 2006
i say say only
mine is automatic 1 and no mods ok
exhaust got lah
No need mods la you, you have another turbo car :thefinger:

Bump: One of our FTO member are looking for GTO.
so daily drive normal car, FTO as weekend car and GTO as monthly car :rofl:

Bump: One of our FTO member are looking for GTO.
so daily drive normal car, FTO as weekend car and GTO as monthly car :rofl:

sonoffire666

High Priest Of Hard Core
Jun 29, 2005
Petaling Jaya
Eh since when was the GTO released the same time as a Ferrari 360?

sonoffire666,
You make some valid points about choice of vehicle. I don't doubt the GTO is a slob compared to the light weight FTO. But here's some food for thought. Acquiring the parts you mentioned for turning an FTO into a 2.5 Mivec plus NOS beast would probably run you about, oh let's say 7 to 10k? Correct me if i am wrong :).

I must say the sound of a 2.5 Mivec is tempting but nevertheless for the same amount of money i am sure scoring higher spec fuel injectors and a piggy back would be easy for a GTO - if the aim on the stock turbos is to boost 1.1 to 1.2 bar. I'd be willing to say that getting an aftermarket intercooler as well for the GTO with the same budget isn't too difficult either.

But i am willing to agree even with the mods i mentioned, the GTO would probably be slower than the FTO.

But this is all speculation anyways, cos i don't know squat about either car.
<--- Honda guy :D
Hi Bro, u are right..!!! to convert a FTO to 2.5 Super Galant block, Piggybag, NOS kit + a good set of suspension kit, wheels+sticky rubbers & brakes system will set you back abt 10K... & I also agreed to you of scoring higher spec fuel injectors, Piggybag, raise the stock boost to 1.1 to 1.2 bar with a external Turbo Boost controller + getting an after market intercooler will be around budget. BUT not to forget, no point if the car cannot handle it. Like I've said "Power Is Nothing Without Handling". If the car only ganas on the straights but like a mouse during high speed swiping & sharp corners. Then I wouldn't say the car is not been modified in a balance manner. For a GTO to achieve the road holding stability that a FTO has... You really need to spend money on the suspension kit + go for 18 wheels+rubbers.. That will definitely will be more than 10K already... & as you know... Play turbo cars the main criteria is the exhaust system. 1 set of good mandrel bend exhaust system from header till rear tip for a 6 cylinder turbo charged car easily cost you about 4K-5K. Lastly, trust me bro, maintaining a mod turbo charged car is not cheap. If you drive it on a daily basis, get ready your wallet mate...!!.. I'm currently owning a 350+bhp on wheels Silvia S15 & I don't drive it daily.. I also feel the pinch.. Imagine a mod 3 liter turbo charged engine..

Why the 2.5 engine block..?? Main reason is to gives you great torque at corners where turbo lag is not in the dictionary, a good set of coil over reverse aluminum mono tube suspension kit with proper ride height, damping, camber, toe & corner weight settings allows you to maintain control during a sliding condition & if equipped with a 1.5way or a full lock LSD, u'll be swiping corners in a "NO FEAR" mode. As for the wet system NOS kit, it should be use when you are exiting the corner or on straights only to break away from whoever is all over your back...!!....

As you are a Honda Guy.... Transplanting a B18C as base & convert it with a 2.3cc Odyssey block, 3rd, 4th & Final drive gear ratio conversion & Mugen N1 full exhaust system, Hondata ECU, your car ROCKS...!!! Of course "Top Fuel" Vtec Turbo kit is the ultimate conversion... However, VTEC confirmed perform better with NOS as compare with MIVEC. Why don't you try it... put 2(two) 4 minutes NOS canister at the trunk... 1 tank for NOSing & another for PURGing purposes... Have fun..:wavey:

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
No way man! My B18C is already 15 years old same with my car ;). No NOS for me. I was thinking about a really low pressure quick boosting turbo kit but that would run in the range of 6 to 7k, for that kind of money i might as well try to boost more than 1 bar instead :S.

Anyways off topic a little bit heh.

Boosting 1 bar will make the GTO handle that terrible meh ;), work in progress lah hehe. But still, the sound of a 2.5 mivec v6 is very sexy. I can imagine what it would sound like now, mmm sexy.

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA !! FTO can't even compare with GTO twin turbo la...Dude
dont say which car modify la... stock vs stock ... GTO although is heavy...but u all know the power of GTO ?? 3000cc TWIN TURBO... 280bhp...dyno.. can get 230++whp ..(stock)0-100Km/h only 4sec++
and FTO is only 160++whp... different level...
GTO is compare wif evo...fairlady...skyline...subaru...
FTO compare target is just RX8..caldina...celica...and more...
if wanna drive daily...just buy a FTO...if wanna race get a GTO !! but...the road tax is really expensive...
myself have a celica 7gen BOT and GTO twin turbo... my celica can even win a FTO ...we had try it b4...
but...when my bro drive gto drag race wif me... my car(celica) lose damn kau kau ler...
that is my experience...
plss..correct me if i m'wong ~!! CHERRSSS !!:biggrin: :thrasher:

Bump:
No way man! My B18C is already 15 years old same with my car ;). No NOS for me. I was thinking about a really low pressure quick boosting turbo kit but that would run in the range of 6 to 7k, for that kind of money i might as well try to boost more than 1 bar instead :S.

Anyways off topic a little bit heh.

Boosting 1 bar will make the GTO handle that terrible meh ;), work in progress lah hehe. But still, the sound of a 2.5 mivec v6 is very sexy. I can imagine what it would sound like now, mmm sexy.
haha !! no need boost 1.0 la... GTO stock boost 0.5 bar can win fto mivec kau kau ad....
the most important is the car speed ler...the sound of mivec , vtec, LIFT, ntg effect to the engine...
i think... u doesnt know much about GTO TWIN TURBO....:biggrin:

Bump:
GTOs mostly AWD right? Saw the halfcut in Kepong and it has AWD.

If so, both cars have different handling aspects.
GTO is 4WD drive...

Bump:
GTO's handling sucks lahh... Compare to FTO...
Drink petrol damn kau & stoping power very sloppy coz very heavy.. Maintainace wise..Quite costly due to turbo charged and a very old car.. Need to do up a lot then only can look awesome.. There is 1 red colour GTO quite nicely done up running around at Subang area but spend a bomb on it for the wide body kit.. Ferrari Testarossa look... Plus road tax is RM2k+ where else FTo only RM300++

Hopefully, your final decision will be FTO..then can join us - FTO Malaysia Owners Club for TT session...

Vice President for FTO(M) Owners Club
Although is drink pertro damn kau....but the speed if compare to FTO....also damn far....
FTO newer than GTO...but..the horse..big much different....
iDo you know that ...old car faster !! for example : Honda NSX 3.0 , GTO TWin turbo 3.0 , RX7, Skyline GTR33,6 Gen turbo celica and more... all bigggggggger horse !!
But...now rx8....7 gen celica....skyline GTT...FTO...all can't even compare wif older generation...

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
hey mid engine,how r u?come la to kepong tt so we can blow water...

fto is too fast for an uncle like me..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi i'm not sure about whether this fact is really an actual fact or is just a plain myth.

and i'm not sure whether a not i'm suppose to post this up over here or this is a repeated thread a not. because i try searching it and i can't seem to find any thread regarding this issue.

ok so here goes, some of the people say's that when you have just purchase a new car, you shouldn't have drive above 80km/h(or less) before the first service for the car so that the owner can preserve the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience