Mitsubishi GTO or FTO?

Aileron

Oct 12, 2005
right now, which is the more preferred/better choice to buy?
a GTO or FTO?

in the market the value of both now is around the same
but the GTO is older and the newest you can get is around
year 92 or 93. I think the FTO will worth more because it is
newer.

the FTO can be found around year 96/97
the FTO will be V6 Mivec GPX.

can you all discuss about the pros and cons
about the both second hand cars here,
which one is the better car to buy?
in terms of practicallity,maintenance, etc.

Thanks.

flizzardo

Known Member
Jun 28, 2005
Johor
gto roadtoax damn expensive ..

summore twin turbo 3.0 drink fuel alot i think better go with Fto but i like gto look more .... :tongue:

DR78

500 RPM
Aug 26, 2005
subang
i had d same problemas well b4..
just try out both then decide with consideration of butget n how u gonna use d car like everyday use or weekend use..but both r classic sport cars la..both engine maintenance also reasonable.. but gto drinks kau kau like rx7 i assume. road tax is not worth it..
i ended ur wiv fto. hope u get one n come join us tt la.. or u can jist join us this coming sunday n test some cars urself la.. c nice or not. will be meeting at 11.30am at shell station at sec17, i.e the station after eastin hotel.. will be grateful if u can join us..
cheers bro... i personally love rx7 as well as supra n of course fto. imagine scissor doors on them..

sonoffire666

High Priest Of Hard Core
Jun 29, 2005
Petaling Jaya
GTO Vs FTO

GTO's handling sucks lahh... Compare to FTO...
Drink petrol damn kau & stoping power very sloppy coz very heavy.. Maintainace wise..Quite costly due to turbo charged and a very old car.. Need to do up a lot then only can look awesome.. There is 1 red colour GTO quite nicely done up running around at Subang area but spend a bomb on it for the wide body kit.. Ferrari Testarossa look... Plus road tax is RM2k+ where else FTo only RM300++

Hopefully, your final decision will be FTO..then can join us - FTO Malaysia Owners Club for TT session...

Vice President for FTO(M) Owners Club

DR78

500 RPM
Aug 26, 2005
subang
huhu... hopefully got another new member.. hope get an fto too.. got extra official club t shirt for u la... gd luck wiv ur car hunting bro..

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
GTOs mostly AWD right? Saw the halfcut in Kepong and it has AWD.

If so, both cars have different handling aspects.

Aileron

Oct 12, 2005
oh yeah...the expensive road tax of the GTO also
turn me off already..lol

and i'm a daily driver..
besides, the FTO is newer and the design is newer as well lol

i think the FTO is more suitable for people
on a tighter budget like me

yeah, i think i'll survey FTOs in the market for now
hehe

thank you guys,
DR78 and sonoffire666:
i'll look for you guys when there's good news
or anything i need to know before getting one :smile:

DR78

500 RPM
Aug 26, 2005
subang
Aileron said:
oh yeah...the expensive road tax of the GTO also
turn me off already..lol

and i'm a daily driver..
besides, the FTO is newer and the design is newer as well lol

i think the FTO is more suitable for people
on a tighter budget like me

yeah, i think i'll survey FTOs in the market for now
hehe

thank you guys,
DR78 and sonoffire666:
i'll look for you guys when there's good news
or anything i need to know before getting one :smile:
anytime bro.. don rush into things k.. just be patient..
gd luck bro.. cheers

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Bumps..Can help to continue this thread please..:biggrin:

sonoffire666

High Priest Of Hard Core
Jun 29, 2005
Petaling Jaya
Aileron,

Have you found your FTO yet...??? If you haven't & still have the intention to look for one maybe u can log on to www.ftomalaysia.com & ask around who is selling their cars... Lots of them I know had dump in lots on $$ into their cars.. Maybe you can score a good deal there.. There is one for sale now i think.. 95/97, GPX, 2.0 Mivec, 17' sports rims, sparco seats, sunroof.... Going for RM42K++, his nick is aminurng_8888 ( http://202.75.59.106/~ftomy/community/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=678&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15 )

My car is the Yellow colour one in the pic/link. ( http://202.75.59.106/~ftomy/community/gallery2/v/member_albums/ghostrider/FTOs+_11_.jpg.html ) My Ex-Car actually.... Now with the new owner & it has turned into BLUE colour already...

Now, I've retired from FF & converted myself into FR for the sake of going sideways in a SR20DETT...(S15) :driver:... Much more fun indeed... :biggrin:

Last edited:

cnxnet

Known Member
Mar 30, 2006
Aileron,

Have you found your FTO yet...??? If you haven't & still have the intention to look for one maybe u can log on to www.ftomalaysia.com & ask around who is selling their cars... Lots of them I know had dump in lots on $$ into their cars.. Maybe you can score a good deal there.. There is one for sale now i think.. 95/97, GPX, 2.0 Mivec, 17' sports rims, sparco seats, sunroof.... Going for RM42K++, his nick is aminurng_8888 ( http://202.75.59.106/~ftomy/community/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=678&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15 )

My car is the Yellow colour one in the pic/link. ( http://202.75.59.106/~ftomy/community/gallery2/v/member_albums/ghostrider/FTOs+_11_.jpg.html ) My Ex-Car actually.... Now with the new owner & it has turned into BLUE colour already...

Now, I've retired from FF & converted myself into FR for the sake of going sideways in a SR20DETT...(S15) :driver:... Much more fun indeed... :biggrin:
hei bro sonoffire666, long time no see. just want to ask 6A12 mivec fto can use 6A13TT block 2500cc or not?

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
fto taikor come in liao

click the link (ur club ma),got info inside

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
I think for total pimped out stylie i'd go for the GTO, hands down. It's a beast and still looks good. But to be honest i wouldn't buy one unless it was a '97 model, the front had a face lift looks nicer.

The FTO is front wheel drive and doesn't have a lot of support in terms of aftermarket.

Whereas the GTO could be rip up the road with some tuning and a boost controller.

sonoffire666

High Priest Of Hard Core
Jun 29, 2005
Petaling Jaya
hei bro sonoffire666, long time no see. just want to ask 6A12 mivec fto can use 6A13TT block 2500cc or not?
Hi cnxnet88...:wavey:... to answer yr question... check out the link.. http://202.75.59.106/~ftomy/community/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=678

I think for total pimped out stylie i'd go for the GTO, hands down. It's a beast and still looks good. But to be honest i wouldn't buy one unless it was a '97 model, the front had a face lift looks nicer.

The FTO is front wheel drive and doesn't have a lot of support in terms of aftermarket.

Whereas the GTO could be rip up the road with some tuning and a boost controller.
Hi Deacon...:wavey:... Totally agreed with yr opinion that GTO is beast that looks good & lots of after market performance parts... BUT (just my point of view) GTO was my initial choice of purchase before i bought my FTO, my review for the is GTO's handling sucks big time even it's a 4WD due to it's weight(1.7tons), even it has 280hp but if calculate on power to weight ratio.....:banghead:.. Yes.. it's turbo charged, but it's a twin turbo...Turbo kicks in smoothly rather than hard core raw type. No doubt you can install after market boost controller to up boost.. But std injector only can manage 0.9bar, anything more than tat, you're asking for it. If you wanna boost higher, you need to change injectors, valve springs & retainers + piggybag or stand alone ECU & not to forget full exhaust system.If really wanna turn it into a beast, you need to convert it to single turbo only you feel the real kick. Further more, 3 liter engine drinks petrol like nobody business & costly road tax.. With that kinda of money spend, might as well you buy a FTO GPX 5 speed manual transmission, where the kerb weight is only 1.1tons with 200bhp std, dump in a super Galant 2.5cc 6A13 remain the Mivec top.. so you'll get 2.5Mivec..Alter the Mivec to kick in earlier + with a wet NOS kit, full exhaust system, piggybag/stand alone ECU which is capable of switching into a retard ignition mapping in cabin by flicking a switch + with a good set of suspension pair with some sticky rubbers & proper camber + toe settings.. can TAPAU a GTO in track anytime..FTO's handling anytime better than GTO. Just FYI, FTO have lots of after market performance goodies as well. Depends you know where to find it or not only. From what I know, only gear box ratio hard to find. Well,u can always calculate the gear ratio & goto a machine shop & ask them to custom the desire gearing for you. As for how to calculate gear ratio... just google it.. The method/calculation is all over the net. I'm not bias over FTO caused I own 1 b4. Just speaking on a neutral grd. If just wanna look good & play straight road only, of course GTO will be ideal but if you want good mid-range power & good handling during corners...a mod GTO doesn't even come close to a mod FTO due to it's chassis design resulting poor weight distribution. FTO also was once rated the best car of the year too.

As for me, no point just look good being a pretty boy, when test power kalah teruk.. Looks for me is secondary, handling & power in balance in my main priority. I'm sure u have come across tis phrase : " POWER IS NOTHING WITHOUT HANDLING " Like i said, just my point of view only... & i respect your opinion at all cause. :adore:

Cheers...

Last edited:

raining

Known Member
Oct 7, 2006
kuala lumpur
i tested a FTO,the power just like driving a perdana V6. Most FTO available in Malaysia are auto. There is a GTO for sale by the mainroad,next to caltex petrol station in front of leisure mall,cheras. i went to look the car was a waste,an old pussy,some more sellling RM68k. The car was badly dent,interior was old,smelly,crack rubber..can't believe someone would buy that car with such price:stupid::stupid:
i would choose FTO,no matter how,because it's coupe and it rocks!!!

Bump: mitsubishi claims his GTO is the highest range sportcar,i wonder why they said that. the car can't even beat a Ferrari 360,can u imagine? the car is SLOWER THAN FERRARI 360? all the cars slower than that are junks.:listen:

Bump: mitsubishi claims his GTO is the highest range sportcar,i wonder why they said that. the car can't even beat a Ferrari 360,can u imagine? the car is SLOWER THAN FERRARI 360? all the cars slower than that are junks.:listen:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Can u please share info with me..

Is it ok if i want to change just the Spring without changing the absober.

I thought i want to change my standard spring to the Eibach Pro-Kit but still using the original absober.

what is your advise?

thank you!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience