Mitsu 4g93 Sohc...

Skyseven

Apr 21, 2005
help needed here very green in modding cars you know...

i wanna know whether its possible to change(well according to a friend of mine) the head of the engine which in result says he will remove the SOHC and i should try and find a DOHC head for my engine.... is it possible?

and how much is the estimate on getting a promote bumper on to my car plus paint job and all?

Skyseven

Skyseven

Apr 21, 2005
Originally posted by boyzone@Apr 24 2005, 09:33
perdana sei model ...
[snapback]922550[/snapback]​

---> what you mean by that? (perdana sei?) so whats the difference between a DOHC and a SOHC?????

tombstone

1,000 RPM
Mar 1, 2005
if u interested i got a doch 4g93p for sale... pm me for more details...

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
because sei model is sohc 2 little engine, basically all the parts is just plug and play. good fuel consumption and can delivery good torque.

mrashidi

Known Member
Mar 14, 2005
shah alam
boyzone and friends,
is it just plug & play (replace 1.8SOHC to 2.0SOHC)? hmmm... which one is better in term of performance, cost and less headache, if I have 3 choices. mine is wira 1.8(A) SOHC.:confused:

option 1
replace the 1.8SOHC head with 2.0SOHC head

option 2
replace with 1.8DOHC head

option 3
replace with mivec head.

Skyseven

Apr 21, 2005
mrashidi said:
boyzone and friends,
is it just plug & play (replace 1.8SOHC to 2.0SOHC)? hmmm... which one is better in term of performance, cost and less headache, if I have 3 choices. mine is wira 1.8(A) SOHC.:confused:

option 1
replace the 1.8SOHC head with 2.0SOHC head

option 2
replace with 1.8DOHC head

option 3
replace with mivec head.

well whats the specialty of a mivec?

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
option 1 : give u less problem.

option 2: I not very sure that sohc ecu can support DOHC head, because the firing timming should be different.

option3 : replace with mivec head u also need to look for mivec ecu to toggle high lift cam, if no just same as u existing engine,; if cannot get the ecu, u must plug in tehcometer with relay to toggle high lift cam... but exisiting ecu air fuel mixing will not able to support , ur engine will "die" fast.

just my opinion .. correct me if I'm wrong :D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Driveshaft for 1.3/1.5 protons

Hi All,

I'm planning to change my driveshaft, not only that, i wanna change the full set alone.

Ok, i don't know what is that called.

Assuming the driveshaft alone is on the right, in the middle is the steel rod, and on the left is also similar like driveshaft but is not.

The reason why I want to change is that, there is this 'kling kling' sound even when driving on straight road, i suspect is the steel rod or the one inside. There is no 'tak...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience