mini engine conversion.

tapr00t123

Jun 27, 2005
USJ
huakenny said:
convert to mini 1.3i engine......1300cc fuel injection...got manual n auto....some comes wit airbags as well.....
whooaa.. any suggestion where to get it?

jinkl-

500 RPM
Mar 3, 2005
Klang
if u want to opt to a non mini engine
go to latest magazine stand
a local magazine is featuring a VTEC mini

eldiablo

Jul 5, 2006
I have a Mini that's been sitting in the fuc#ing workshop (Ah Soon Bdr Sri Damansara) for close to 2 years (!!) putting in a B16A VTEC Engine.

You need to change the subframe - which I know that Ah Soon can do (its just his finishing that is damn bloody lousy! Bugger was all hype and hot air at the beginning - said could be ready to run in 3 months. Its been 2 fuc#ing years!

My suggestion is go for the VTEC Engine - buy the subframe kit from UK (about RM5K), get a halfcut engine + gearbox (about RM5K), workmanship another RM5K.

It'll have a 320hp/ton weight ratio and give you 0-100 in 5 secs!

Just get a good mechanic to do it. Not like me :cry_smile:

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
eldiablo said:
I have a Mini that's been sitting in the fuc#ing workshop (Ah Soon Bdr Sri Damansara) for close to 2 years (!!) putting in a B16A VTEC Engine.

You need to change the subframe - which I know that Ah Soon can do (its just his finishing that is damn bloody lousy! Bugger was all hype and hot air at the beginning - said could be ready to run in 3 months. Its been 2 fuc#ing years!

My suggestion is go for the VTEC Engine - buy the subframe kit from UK (about RM5K), get a halfcut engine + gearbox (about RM5K), workmanship another RM5K.

It'll have a 320hp/ton weight ratio and give you 0-100 in 5 secs!

Just get a good mechanic to do it. Not like me :cry_smile:
using vtec is good if u r ready for track...not for daily use...

1.3i EFI is good enuf for daily drive....

my 2 cent

Reactions: minibeany

eldiablo

Jul 5, 2006
True that the 1.3 efi is good enough. But buy a recond half cut would be RM5K, workmanship another RM5K. Also you have to be careful as the Rover EFIs have a tendency to be tempremental (more so than their carburreted cousins - ask any Mini mechanic).

So for about the same price range (pay a little bit more) you get more power. And also gives you a lot of room for further upgrades & power (not that you would need it anymore).

The VTEC is ALSO a daily driver, parts are available (if not cheaper than rover parts) and is relatively easy to maintain. Fer cryin out loud, its a Japanese engine! How many Civic owners do you know complain about the difficulty of maintaining their B16s?!

Go for glory my friend. It is within reach!

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
eldiablo said:
True that the 1.3 efi is good enough. But buy a recond half cut would be RM5K, workmanship another RM5K. Also you have to be careful as the Rover EFIs have a tendency to be tempremental (more so than their carburreted cousins - ask any Mini mechanic).

So for about the same price range (pay a little bit more) you get more power. And also gives you a lot of room for further upgrades & power (not that you would need it anymore).

The VTEC is ALSO a daily driver, parts are available (if not cheaper than rover parts) and is relatively easy to maintain. Fer cryin out loud, its a Japanese engine! How many Civic owners do you know complain about the difficulty of maintaining their B16s?!

Go for glory my friend. It is within reach!
LOLZ....which workshop tel u tat need rm10k for 1.3i engine + transplant?

rm10k can done more than one mini oledi..........:emoticon_U:

pinkdotdesigns

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
kenot put in starlet engine ar? or how about the k3-vet engine?

penjaja

Oct 4, 2004
Chicago
After reading this thread, I want to confirm one thing. A classic mini with a B16 or B18 is road legal? JPJ will issue all the required paperwork?

bangkai_jk

1,500 RPM
Sep 4, 2005
m
i own a mini wif 1.3 injection with manual gearbox.. got modd a 'bit' la.. quite powerfull n enuf for mini i think.. even kelisa or wira 1.5 also can catch up wif u.. hehe

i planning to convert to b16 too.. but too expensive so need for money 1st... hehe
its illegal actually.. coz need to change many thing like engine mounting.. correct me if i m wrong..

Reactions: minibeany

lampakia

Known Member
Oct 5, 2004
mini halfcut onli cost abt 2.5k wat depends on which model...if u r looking for something easy to drive...get the carby...cuz the inj version sometime may need more attention then the carby version..get the 1000cc drop in twin SU carb..and look for peformance cam..done!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi everyone, i'm seeking a set of exhaust system for my subaru forester SF5, from downpipe to rear muffler. Anyone if wanna sell off theirs or have any idea any place has it please give a tinkle. Many thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience