Mind to share about Airtrek Turbo?

Seng_song

Known Member
Jan 16, 2009
Penang
Hi everyone. Greetings.

Mind to share about Airtrek Turbo? Since Airtreker.com site down, so I think here is the best place to know more about Airtek Turbo. I'm not owning this car, but just curious to know more about about this car because I like this mighty SUV. I also considering this car since it still "new" and still can loan for 7-9 years.

1)How about maintenance cost?
About schedule service cost, which part that most easily problematic and how much the cost to fixed and you can add anything important that need to be highlight.

2)Fuel consumption?
Especially for city driving and can you explain more whether can use RON95 or not because some said it can use 95 while some said cannot.

Thanks for viewing and posting. Enjoy. :driver:

Last edited:

kaninbu

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2008
KL
1. honda accord,toyota camry,mitsubishi airtrek maintenance cost same category.

2. same as above.

only thing different is airtrek can smoke accord n camry.

Seng_song

Known Member
Jan 16, 2009
Penang
1. honda accord,toyota camry,mitsubishi airtrek maintenance cost same category.

2. same as above.

only thing different is airtrek can smoke accord n camry.
Owh. Really? Then let say if compared the maintenance cost with EVO7?

kaninbu

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2008
KL
ur maintenance is oil chg,wear n tear parts?same as airtrek and all jdm 2.0l.
fyi,evo7 is car expensive not the maintenance expensive.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
1) Maintenance - just regular service, oil, ATF, brake, powersteering etc.... just like any other cars. Depending on what kind of oil you use but a major service at 15-20K will cost you around RM700+/-.

2) My car cannot use 95 cos it's remapped. City is 6.3km/L and highway is 8km/L.

stamen

Known Member
Jul 20, 2012
Wellington, NZ
Hi everyone. Greetings.

Mind to share about Airtrek Turbo? Since Airtreker.com site down, so I think here is the best place to know more about Airtek Turbo. I'm not owning this car, but just curious to know more about about this car because I like this mighty SUV. I also considering this car since it still "new" and still can loan for 7-9 years.

About schedule service cost, which part that most easily problematic and how much the cost to fixed and you can add anything important that need to be highlight.

2)Fuel consumption?
Especially for city driving and can you explain more whether can use RON95 or not because some said it can use 95 while some said cannot.

1. i guess it's not much different from normal car...

2. mine approx. 7-11KM/L. i don't see why you can't use 95, but it's better to tune it to match the fuel you use.

kaninbu

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2008
KL
wah...11km/l mine best is 10km/l

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

detune to ron95 u lose hp around 10-20%.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
In fact I got almost 11km/l before. That's when I travelled from Singapore bck to KL non stop with no breaks what so ever. Purely averaging around 160kph. No jam, just smooth driving.

AvanT

Custom fabricator & CNC machining
Mar 20, 2009
Hi everyone. Greetings.

2)Fuel consumption?

Hi Seng song, and welcome to our new Airtrek club =)

In my opinion, the answers to your question is very subjective.
Maintenance cost varies a lot car to car. The Airtrek U're planning to get is 2nd hand, so it depends on mileage driven, how it was driven, whether previous owner took good care or neglected it, standard stock or already modded, and most importantly, what is your intention after U've gotten it......heheee

My stand....
  • Maintenance cost is higher than other 2.0 n.a. cars. Higher power & higher speed comes at a price, no free lunch here. Higher wear & tear with your brakes, higher stress to engine internals & auto gearbox, higher under hood temperature shorten the lifespan of plastics connectors & rubber seals. Dun even think of using non-synthetic engine oil. U can judge it yourself just by reading in these forum how often some of us visit Ah Wah in a year.

• Fuel consumption. All turbo cars are fuel guzzler. STOCK Airtrek turbo RM95 Ron95 petrol gives u 300-350km in city. 350-400 on highways.

Last edited:

kaninbu

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2008
KL
fully synthetic engine oil is a must.test it wif semi-synthetic 10w-40 before,the bloody oil burn up after 1-2hours of hard driving.almost 500ml gone.there is only mineral oil n fully synthetic,semi is marketing bullshit to mark up the price of mineral oil.

stamen

Known Member
Jul 20, 2012
Wellington, NZ
In fact I got almost 11km/l before. That's when I travelled from Singapore bck to KL non stop with no breaks what so ever. Purely averaging around 160kph. No jam, just smooth driving.
damn... envy u guys can travel 160kph freely..
140 and above will get licence suspended, car impounded on the spot over here :banghead:

you might even get better mileage if you had traveled at 100kph though :P

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Hi bro, it is illegal to drive at this speed here too. Max in Malaysia is 110kph.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guy's,

im having a problem here. I found out there is some oil squit out frm my engine head cover whn i reach high boost. i've tried to replaced the cover but its still there. any sifu know wats going on?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience