Michelin Pilot Sport 4S vs Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport - Long Term Real World Test

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Ya I saw this too. Based on both this and their previous videos, I'd still think the F1SS is the better choice especially for us here where it can rain so heavily. Anyway since the F1SS should be available here in 18' then that's the only option I can use too. It will be awesome if also available in 17'.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ya I saw this too. Based on both this and their previous videos, I'd still think the F1SS is the better choice especially for us here where it can rain so heavily. Anyway since the F1SS should be available here in 18' then that's the only option I can use too. It will be awesome if also available in 17'.
Yah, but they keep for larger sizes only. 17" only get Asy 5

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Tyre compound plays a part too. V Groove used to be the wet weather king but develops uneven wear and becomes very noisy. Asymmetric is now more well rounded for both wet and dry......

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
The early 2000s old v grooved F1's were amazing in the wet and super heavy duty against wear as well. They've come a long long way to what they are today

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The early 2000s old v grooved F1's were amazing in the wet and super heavy duty against wear as well. They've come a long long way to what they are today
That should be the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3. I used the first batch that were from Germany. Really fantastic in the wet. However I heard later when the production batch came from Thailand factory those were still good but not as good as those from Germany....

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
That should be the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3. I used the first batch that were from Germany. Really fantastic in the wet. However I heard later when the production batch came from Thailand factory those were still good but not as good as those from Germany....

I had the D3's as well but now that you posted, i was i actually referring to the D2, which were my first F1s on 18s back then, 2001 maybe.
Got the tyres in Singapore, at the Paya Ubi multi level industrial park in fact. It was a huge price difference at the time

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yah, those days many friends get rims, tyres, spare parts, all from SG. I have not tried the D2, previously mostly on Falken, Yokohama, Dunlop before Goodyear....

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Yah, those days many friends get rims, tyres, spare parts, all from SG. I have not tried the D2, previously mostly on Falken, Yokohama, Dunlop before Goodyear....
My first tyres from SG were Toyo T1-R, had big hopes for the tyres, quite decent but I think they were over hyped at the time

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My first tyres from SG were Toyo T1-R, had big hopes for the tyres, quite decent but I think they were over hyped at the time
Toyo T1-R I have tried before also. Same answer, over rated. The sidewall was too soft, with more air pressure was uncomfortable. Worst was wheel spin in the wet, dropping from 4th to 3rd on highway to overtake......lol How are the TR-1 on the Toyota?

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Toyo T1-R I have tried before also. Same answer, over rated. The sidewall was too soft, with more air pressure was uncomfortable. Worst was wheel spin in the wet, dropping from 4th to 3rd on highway to overtake......lol How are the TR-1 on the Toyota?
sorry, come to think of it, i remember it was the T1-S instead, which was before the R. But yes the original T1-R sidewall is rather soft especially for european cars at the time, was quite obvious.

TR-1 is better than the T1-R it replaces, this range feel better than expected for a budget tyre, which is good strategy compared to previously whereby it was somewhat under delivering for a performance tyre

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
sorry, come to think of it, i remember it was the T1-S instead, which was before the R. But yes the original T1-R sidewall is rather soft especially for european cars at the time, was quite obvious.

TR-1 is better than the T1-R it replaces, this range feel better than expected for a budget tyre, which is good strategy compared to previously whereby it was somewhat under delivering for a performance tyre
Ah, the T1-S. Good to hear then TR-1 is better......

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi bros,

Izzit ok to reset ECU by disconnecting the battery terminal often?... I found my car fuel comsumption is better by do it.

Pls advise.

Tks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience