Mercedes Benz E300 problems...

valentino08

Known Member
Nov 25, 2004
Cheras, K.L
profiles.nzhondas.com
I got my Mercedes Bend E300 just 4 years and it only clock 10,000 kms, i don't drive it often that is bcz i do have a few more cars at home. I always follow the service schedule as Cycle & Carriage recommended and always cost me thousand & thousand. As usual i sent my car to C&C Segamut a couple days ago for full service and i did ask them help me have a look on my air cond system because some time will take like 5-10 mins to work, at the 1st they said could find anything, they will flush my system & cost me RM600++, after that they recommend to leave my car over night easy for them to trouble shoot the problem and today the 3rd day they rung me and said they found out there is some short circuit in the compressor, have to replace and will cost me RM 8,000. I am really pissed of bcz my car basically like a new car only done 10,000kms and now have to replace air-cond compressor. The service manager told me that bcz Mercedes is such a smart vehicle if i dont drive it often the battery will drain and caused the electrical component short and faulty easily. This excuse is not acceptable at all, How come i spent RM450k on a Benz which the quality even worse than my daugther's local made Myvi. i hope that u guys can share this out and don't always think that Mercedes Benz is such a good car....

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Vehicle so smart that drained battery will cause electrical short circuits??? That is the most lame, ridiculous excuse I've ever heard! That is not a smart vehicle but actually stupid vehicle! You should maybe file some tribunal case to sue them for all those repair costs. Try to threaten them to sue or bring this to public if they don't repair FOC, see what they will say. They may not dare to ignore such threat if it comes from a rich guy like yourself.

hon_cs

Known Member
Jan 23, 2004
Ipoh
Bro, nowadays cars don't built to last. There is no tool to do measurement when it will kaput for electronic and electrical. Sometimes really depend on luck. Normal service just change oil and wear and tear. What I can suggest is go outside do the replacement. Most probably the cost is half of what SC quoted you.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Cars now also very complicated with so many sensors, electronics, complex wiring, and multiple ECUs for all those hi-tech features, TRC, VSC, self parking, self braking, and those other driver assistance crap etc. I actually much prefer older cars of the 90s-early 2000, simpler, more durable, easier to maintain.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Cars now also very complicated with so many sensors, electronics, complex wiring, and multiple ECUs for all those hi-tech features, TRC, VSC, self parking, self braking, and those other driver assistance crap etc. I actually much prefer older cars of the 90s-early 2000, simpler, more durable, easier to maintain.
The thing is with all these electronics you cannot get them repaired outside, so you need to send back to SC and get charged kao kao.....:banghead:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
electronic gadget nice-nice to use when they are new......
once sot-sot, they will cause headache and heartache.....
Just like a simple car alarm, if go crazy, can cause big problem to owners....

Personally, I am not so fond of cars with too many bells and whistles...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
electronic gadget nice-nice to use when they are new......
once sot-sot, they will cause headache and heartache.....
Just like a simple car alarm, if go crazy, can cause big problem to owners....

Personally, I am not so fond of cars with too many bells and whistles...
But sometimes not because sot. Just that you cannot do any DIY for certain things, without getting stuck, so you need to send back to SC....:banghead:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
yes true, a fren of mine has a benz, same issue regarding the compressor, but his costs RM10k at C&C service centre,
he went outside to his regular mechanic & only costs less than Rm1k to solve the problem.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Even things that directly affect driving feel is also electronically controlled now... Drive by wire throttle, electric power steering.... I'm from the younger generation but I don't really like all these electronics when it comes to cars. To me, cars will always be a mechanical thing instead of being electronic... :banghead:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I got my Mercedes Bend E300 just 4 years and it only clock 10,000 kms, i don't drive it often that is bcz i do have a few more cars at home. I always follow the service schedule as Cycle & Carriage recommended and always cost me thousand & thousand. As usual i sent my car to C&C Segamut a couple days ago for full service and i did ask them help me have a look on my air cond system because some time will take like 5-10 mins to work, at the 1st they said could find anything, they will flush my system & cost me RM600++, after that they recommend to leave my car over night easy for them to trouble shoot the problem and today the 3rd day they rung me and said they found out there is some short circuit in the compressor, have to replace and will cost me RM 8,000. I am really pissed of bcz my car basically like a new car only done 10,000kms and now have to replace air-cond compressor. The service manager told me that bcz Mercedes is such a smart vehicle if i dont drive it often the battery will drain and caused the electrical component short and faulty easily. This excuse is not acceptable at all, How come i spent RM450k on a Benz which the quality even worse than my daugther's local made Myvi. i hope that u guys can share this out and don't always think that Mercedes Benz is such a good car....
most probably the aircon is low on gas.this might cause the electric fan to not run but the compressor will kick in.as a result aircon wont be cold esp in jam.

exp it before but on a w124.just fill the gas and once the system detect it has enough gas the electric fan kicks in.dont ask me whats the logic behind that as euro car have electronic that most of the time does not make sense to us normal people.

mb do make reliable car....its just that the part is super expensive...

just google more and u will notice more horror story like yours all over the world where mb sc tries to con cust.its abt the integrity of some sc.

zane_al

Known Member
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yep these E class is a problem, always need to go back to the CC.
C class is better, more flexible as far as service & repairs are concerned.
I think they are using Denso compressors, which should costs about 2k each.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
You may want to try other private workshops for future issues. Experience counts and sometimes staffs at the SC lack that, further delaying the process. SC prices are also generally higher. Good private workshops however may have cheaper sources for parts or require less profit margins. Try searching for BM World located at Bandar Tun Razak Cheras if you're in the area. I think they are some of the most resourceful shops out there and talented at identifying issues. good luck

synail

Known Member
May 13, 2004
Visit site
You may want to try other private workshops for future issues. Experience counts and sometimes staffs at the SC lack that, further delaying the process. SC prices are also generally higher. Good private workshops however may have cheaper sources for parts or require less profit margins. Try searching for BM World located at Bandar Tun Razak Cheras if you're in the area. I think they are some of the most resourceful shops out there and talented at identifying issues. good luck
Yeah...go to indie

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
SCs are full of crap. I've never once come across an honest SC. Most of the time I have to use the "I'm not some gullible car buyer who knows nothing about cars" card with these guys to get things done. This is why I never bother paying for extended warranty.

And to the threadstarter : If I bought a 450k car, I wouldn't be parking it at home. I'd sell the other cars or keep those as weekend cars and enjoy the luxury of the 450k car rather than let it waste at home. Suggest you find a 3rd party opinion that's not Merc or Naza related. Especially Naza, their service is unreliable too.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
SCs are full of crap. I've never once come across an honest SC. Most of the time I have to use the "I'm not some gullible car buyer who knows nothing about cars" card with these guys to get things done. This is why I never bother paying for extended warranty.

And to the threadstarter : If I bought a 450k car, I wouldn't be parking it at home. I'd sell the other cars or keep those as weekend cars and enjoy the luxury of the 450k car rather than let it waste at home. Suggest you find a 3rd party opinion that's not Merc or Naza related. Especially Naza, their service is unreliable too.
The Tan Chong Nissan in Chan Sow Lin is not bad but I also did casually give the impression that I'm surely not a gullible newbie on cars so that might play a factor on how they treat me. But I always do that to any workshops that I visit the first time coz I also think that's important so they will be very careful not to con us.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Now a days interior modification of the car has really grabbed the attentions of the car enthusiasts and they are showing up with different innovations almost every day.The reason is simple.More innovations in the car's interior materials.Car interior is a wide terminology but I will, for the sake of simplicity stick my self to the car dashboard.
Obviously the first thing of the car interior which comes into notice is the dashboard bearing lots of panels and slots and if job well done,one...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience