• Mercedes B170

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Honda Jazz

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

insomnia

Apr 26, 2007
Hi Guys,

I need your opinion on whether which is a better option.
I'm planning to have a small family soon, need a family car, preferably a small/mid size SUV with the budget not more than RM100k, or below.

I like the B170 due to it's size and overall design of the car. However, with my budget, i can only get a used one, possibly 2007/08 model. I'm well aware of the wear and tear of a used Merc, it's obviously costlier than the Jap.

On the other hand, with my current budget, i can purchase a brand new Honda Jazz and it comes with hassle-free warranty for few years. Though the size of the car may not be ideal if compared to B170.

My criteria are basically comfort, safety, reliability & decent space for a small family.

What do you guys think? :confused:

Regards,
Mr. Dilemma.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Your family will grow out of a Honda Jazz. Assuming parents, + 2 kids, and you want to go for holiday north or south, its going to be tight. Neither cars are real MPVs, you are better off with a full size sedan if its a family car you are after.

Of course, if you plan to change cars when your kids go older, sure. Then go ahead.

I wouldn't touch the Benz. Its the ugly duckling of the family. If you are open to used cars, the Wish and Stream are viable choices.

insomnia

Apr 26, 2007
Thanks for the honest and practical opinions, appreciate that. Will need to do more research.

alokin

Dec 31, 2013
Penang
i don have car, but if you going to choose between those 2, i suggest go for the Jazz, why?
1. Honda brand is known for the reliable engine.
2. High resale value and amongst the highest
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1482351/all
3. You will get a new car with your budget, worry free for next 5 years of warranty and free maintenance.
4. The new honda Jazz is CKD, so is much cheaper than previous version which more than 100K
Honda Jazz CKD 1.5L launched - cheapest Honda in Malaysia at RM75k
5. The backseat is very versatile
2013 Honda Jazz Petrol Start-Up and Full Vehicle Tour - YouTube
6. I don know about merc engine, but i-vtec able to deliver high output with fuel saving.
Honda advanced technology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
7. New Jazz is introduce at Japan now, so current jazz i guess will be phase out, there might even more discount or you can wait until new one come, then get the brand new for left over stock, i believe somehow it will cheaper.

artnet

1,500 RPM
Jan 19, 2004
Sarawak
www.cardomain.com
Buying a new jazz, u have to pay more while servicing with them.
I own a new city, serviced 3 times then decided to give up the 5 years warranty.
Sc is overcharging.

Given a chance to buy car again, I would go for recond toyota wish. Around 90k for
the older (vvti) one and 100k for newer low spec, The dual vvti plus cvt I bet fc can be very good.

Also, I find honda went for single cam ivtec, it wasn't the continuous variable timing, it just has two
fixed vtec points from wht I see frm net. After driving it for few months, and tried out fren's vios...
I think I like vios more. Much lively, smooth and responsive drive. Regret on my City. Should have
test drive few more times.

Even nissan almera is responsive, it carries continuos variable valve timing too.

Last edited:

MarielSturrock

Oct 4, 2013
, DC
Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,
Im using eterna twin turbo engine, with SSQV, but the problem
is the BOV does not sound, only abit at 0.8bar...
wat could be the problem?
hose leaking?
not enough pressure?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience