MC on fuel injection cars

Jamrud

May 16, 2004
hi..anyone done MC to a fuel injection engine? results? Dis MC same concept as PowerJet..so shud connect to manifold intake rite? i dun knoe where to find my manifold intake tube...help plz...

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
just connect it to ur PCV hose... well.. for injection cars.. i think dat de effect onli few days.. then later de ECU will retune it back to normal... so u feel like normal again..

dats wat i feel lar... duno correct or not...

NiCkY7

500 RPM
Dec 27, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by khguan@Feb 8 2005, 13:24
just connect it to ur PCV hose... well.. for injection cars.. i think dat de effect onli few days.. then later de ECU will retune it back to normal... so u feel like normal again..

hmmh... i think not...

cause fuel mixture is calculate from the air flow sensor... the air sensor is near TB there... and the MC is attach at PVC, how the sensor calculate about the MC extra air? ;)

:D

Jamrud

May 16, 2004
so, in other words, diy MC no good for injection cars?

sky_kids

Known Member
Nov 27, 2003
Penang, KL
fixed mc in my car..
walau eh
the rpm reach 2k
then 1.5k
:S
then now better turn the air lower
now jus 1.5k-1k
help!!!!!!!!!

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
Originally posted by NiCkY7+Feb 9 2005, 00:59 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NiCkY7 @ Feb 9 2005, 00:59 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-khguan@Feb 8 2005, 13:24

hmmh... i think not...

cause fuel mixture is calculate from the air flow sensor... the air sensor is near TB there... and the MC is attach at PVC, how the sensor calculate about the MC extra air? ;)

:D [/b][/quote]
let's take the new wira on Siemens ECU for example..

This version of engine runs on MAP sensor, not MAF sensor. Therefore any leakage into the intake manifold will cause an increase in the manifold absolute pressure (MAP). Thus causing higher indling speed. After some time, the TB servo motor will restrict the idling air by mean of further closing the butterfly. That's why the MC effect is temporaly.

But this do not cancel out the functionality of the MC. During gear shift especially, the MC helps to slow-down the RPM drop, which will give you more ohmps on the next gear.. That's the only effect i can feel from my DIY MC, which has been removed from my car.

About the A/F ratio.. since the system is running on MAP, the MC shouldn't updset the A/F ratio IF THE AIR LEAKING-IN IS OF THE SAME TEMPERATURE as the main intake stream.

I hope i do help..

delphinium

Known Member
Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
yupp.. it does help. I installed a DIY MC engine oso (MAP). the effect i can feel is oni slower RPM drop when shifting gear. Fuel consumptionwise ... no difference :(

About the A/F ratio.. since the system is running on MAP, the MC shouldn't updset the A/F ratio IF THE AIR LEAKING-IN IS OF THE SAME TEMPERATURE as the main intake stream.
can u please further explain about the temperature thingy. how does it effect A/F ratio? if either is not in the same temperature wat will epen?

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
Originally posted by delphinium@Feb 16 2005, 10:06
can u please further explain about the temperature thingy. how does it effect A/F ratio? if either is not in the same temperature wat will epen?
because the air temperature is also taken into the calculation of A/F ratio. Air at different temperature have different volume. Of the same pressure, air at higher temperature will have lower volume thus lower flow mass.

when hotter air )which is most likely) is injected into the manifold through the MC, the measure temperature is still as 'cool' as the main intake flow. So the calculation might be upset by the small changes..

But i dun think it's of noticeable importance lar.. haha!!

menghua84

Known Member
Feb 15, 2004
skudai/ perak
Visit site
i hav a similiar device same as mc.. how much should i open the thing? since i duno how much to open it so i just hentam nia.. any difference if i open to the max?

cyrixMX

Oct 29, 2004
I've got the original Ecotek thingy installed on my citroen ZX. FC did improve as compared to before. I took out the ecotek for 1 week and FC rocketed sky high back to pre-ecotek days even I resetted the ECU. When I plug it back, FC improved again.

I also did a DIY version .. fuel hose 6mm (salvaged from old car-FOC), 1/4" stop cork (RM12) and mini open pod filter from COSPLUS (RM6.8). Installed it to my carby old school civic .. fulltank RM45 normally 400km only, after install I've finish 380km still got quarter tank hehehe .. u guy say got improvement or not la.

cyrixMX

Oct 29, 2004
ohh i forgot .. i unplug the vacuum hose for the air-cond vacuum controller (damper) and installed a 'T' there. Other than FC improved, now revving between 2-3k got the 'whirrling' sound effect. Car is more responsive as well.

for Citroen ZX (fuel injected), I unplugged the stepper motor bypass valve and connected the ecotek there.

tuning method, warm the car up and close the ecotek/MC thingy. when temp reaches normal running temp (the cooling fan spins for the first time). slowly turn the MC valve open until the whistling sound disaappear. Drive the car around and check whether the engine is normal. Letting too much air into the engine will cause pinging and finally "KABOOM".

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We’re more than sure that you’ve asked yourself a question like this at some point; how much does the “X” car cost in other countries? Well, we decided to try to answer that question for the “Z” car, aka the Nissan 350Z which is available in most countries. For time’s sake, we searched for the price of the entry-level (standard equipment differs in each country) Nissan 350Z in 23 markets all over the world converting prices...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience