Mazda plans to throw in Sky moniker on next gen RX-8

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

Mazda isn’t rolling over like the rest of the auto manufacturers and dropping their guzzlers. Living up to their tagline of ‘Zoom Zoom,’ the automaker synonymous with rotary engines are instead drawing out some big plans for the future of their rotary engine.

The company is apparently hard at work on improving the fuel economy of their rotary engine by an astonishing 50 per cent. Achieving so, the company would bless the new powerplant with the ‘Sky’ designation of its fuel-sipping internal combustion brethren.

According to Seita Kanai, Mazda’s Director of R&D and Program Development, improving the rotary’s fuel economy is the key to making sure it’s found under the hood of the company’s next sports car. He goes on to add that the company is going so far as to even investigate the very principles behind the rotary concept for ways to increase efficiency.

Nonetheless, even with all the ongoing development on the rotary, a worthy successor to the RX-7 is still not on the drawing board but the focus is instead on reducing the consumption of the rotary, which is in a way, the logical first step to ensuring the rotary’s survival of the eclipse of emission regulations.

Source: GoAuto

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can this type of conversion still be done? considering current times...when everything is so strict?

very curious..cos i asked one jpj officer and the answer i got is...i dunno.

so wanna ask all the transplant sifus out there who juz did the above said transplant...

for eg : merc benz 190e put in a rb25 engine?

bmw e30 put a 1jz 2500 cc?

can this still be done? are the rules stickfast? or is there any runners out there still can kao tim?

can we use the reason that the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience