Mazda 6 GH (2nd gen)

lord_nasherz

Known Member
Apr 2, 2008
I have tried to search around this forum, however, I cannot find any thread for this car. I tried googling this model also did not return desirable results.

I am interested to get my hand on this car, Mazda 6 GH (2nd gen) 2.0 year 2011. Is it worth to buy? the 2nd hand price is good to my wallet. I love the design (exterior and interior), the cabin space, the boot space (519 litres) and all the physical things that I can see on the car.

Is there any owners who can share their experience in owning this car in term of the performance, the FC, the maintenance, and the spareparts? Any pro and cons that I should watch for?

lord_nasherz

Known Member
Apr 2, 2008
No one own this car it seems :bebored:
I have test driven it last weekend and the performance is better than my Civic FD1 IMO (of kos la 1.8l vs 2.0l). The car pulling power when u floor the pedal felt better than the FD. The suspension is firm but not too hard, u can still feel comfortable while driving fast. The NVH is better than the FD IMO.

If to compare with another D-segment car, I have only driven Honda Accord 2.0 year 2004. So it is not fair to compare it with because of 5 years difference and different generation. Can only compare it with my current Civic FD.

Not sure about the FC and maintenance cost. However, I have made up my mind and just go for this car.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Less Mazda owners here, but since it has a lower resale value, worth getting it second hand. My wife's office colleague sold his last year but his was the 2.5 model. Bear in mind, Lower 2nd hand value means selling 3rd hand the price might even be lower.....

lord_nasherz

Known Member
Apr 2, 2008
Less Mazda owners here, but since it has a lower resale value, worth getting it second hand. My wife's office colleague sold his last year but his was the 2.5 model. Bear in mind, Lower 2nd hand value means selling 3rd hand the price might even be lower.....
Yes, agreed. The RV after this will be lower. But planning to use the car for a long period, hopefully until loan finished. That's why I need to get a car that I am satisfied with, nice to look at and bigger boot so don't have to keep changing cars when my kids have grown up. :driver:

However, I am not able to get to test drive the 2.5l model. Not sure how it feels but I am certain that it will be better than the 2.0l model.

I quite admire the 2nd generation Mazda 6, with the dual exhaust, but didn't have the chance to test or even sit in the car.
The dual exhaust produced nice bassy sound whenever u floor the pedal and the rev reached 4.5k or more. Not too loud like ahbeng exhaust and not too soft like Accord i-Vtec. My wife who was sitting at the back did not complain of the exhaust hurting her eardrum. The previous owner for the car that I've test drive has changed the stock 2.0l exhaust to 2.5l model exhaust.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yes, agreed. The RV after this will be lower. But planning to use the car for a long period, hopefully until loan finished. That's why I need to get a car that I am satisfied with, nice to look at and bigger boot so don't have to keep changing cars when my kids have grown up. :driver:

However, I am not able to get to test drive the 2.5l model. Not sure how it feels but I am certain that it will be better than the 2.0l model.
But at least getting second hand the first owner loses the first cut on your behalf......hahhahahhha:rofl:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hahaha. nicely said bro!:party:
4 years ago, I got a Chery SUV for my wife. They still have 5 one year old stock, which I took at RM10k discount. My friend saw and tested my car, then went and look for one 2nd hand unit. One year plus only, another 30k cheaper....:driver:

lord_nasherz

Known Member
Apr 2, 2008
4 years ago, I got a Chery SUV for my wife. They still have 5 one year old stock, which I took at RM10k discount. My friend saw and tested my car, then went and look for one 2nd hand unit. One year plus only, another 30k cheaper....:driver:
pergh... 30k difference for 1 year old car! and still got warranty i assume.
if the interest rate for the used car is lower than brand new one, for sure :banghead:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
pergh... 30k difference for 1 year old car! and still got warranty i assume.
if the interest rate for the used car is lower than brand new one, for sure :banghead:
All in all, 40k cheaper from new price. Mine already 10k cheaper, his additional 30k cheaper....:smokin:

lord_nasherz

Known Member
Apr 2, 2008
i have made up my mind and submit a loan application for this car. hopefully it is approved. :driver:

lord_nasherz

Known Member
Apr 2, 2008
Oh man! there's something wrong with my loan application. The bank said I own a lorry. Haa? when did i buy a lorry... :confused:
i think someone is using my info to buy the lorry. need to go to bank negara to get the credit report then lodge a police report i guess :mad:

But i still need a car for my daily usage before May. Currently using my wife car to go to work as she is in maternity leave which end in May. So I am thinking to get a 4 door car that can be bought by cash around 20k. Been eyeing on Civic EJ/EK, Integra DB8 SiR and Toyota SEG. Been gathering info on which car is suitable for my daily commute :driver:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Oh man! there's something wrong with my loan application. The bank said I own a lorry. Haa? when did i buy a lorry... :confused:
i think someone is using my info to buy the lorry. need to go to bank negara to get the credit report then lodge a police report i guess :mad:

But i still need a car for my daily usage before May. Currently using my wife car to go to work as she is in maternity leave which end in May. So I am thinking to get a 4 door car that can be bought by cash around 20k. Been eyeing on Civic EJ/EK, Integra DB8 SiR and Toyota SEG. Been gathering info on which car is suitable for my daily commute :driver:
Fuh! better get your name cleared. Some one use your name, just hope is not blacklisted....

lord_nasherz

Known Member
Apr 2, 2008
Fuh! better get your name cleared. Some one use your name, just hope is not blacklisted....
ya bro. I was totally shocked when i was told about this. they advised me to get my credit report at bank negara first. but how come other people can use my name to get a loan? the bank didn't verify properly? :hmmmm:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey stanley,

does titan sell coilover kit which consist of coilover sleeves, nuts, upper hat?
coilover sleeves is 51mm ID..

if u do have,..what is the sleeves made out of? and what's the height of the sleeves? price is good too...
thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience