Mazda 3 Noise driving on uneven road

nicollim

nicollim

Jan 5, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Guys, I owned a Mazda 3 2015, and when driving on the uneven road i hear noise, the knocking sound is like (small chinese muyus). I send back to my dealer (service centre) and they have me to replace lower arm bush, and the 2nd time they help to replace both bearing strut. But the noise is still there, usually when it is very quiet at indoor parking, over the bump or uneven surface, you will get it. Mazda want me to put my car there for 1 week which i cant, if someone encounter the same problem and solve can you please advise me what is the problem, or if you can recommend me a good mazda service centre, at least i dont have to keep sending my car and not getting it fix.
Please help!:banghead:

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Could be number of things, like tie rod, steering column and coupling, the shock itself ... I would start checking on the shock itself, see whether it has any freeplay when shake it left or right.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Guys, I owned a Mazda 3 2015, and when driving on the uneven road i hear noise, the knocking sound is like (small chinese muyus). I send back to my dealer (service centre) and they have me to replace lower arm bush, and the 2nd time they help to replace both bearing strut. But the noise is still there, usually when it is very quiet at indoor parking, over the bump or uneven surface, you will get it. Mazda want me to put my car there for 1 week which i cant, if someone encounter the same problem and solve can you please advise me what is the problem, or if you can recommend me a good mazda service centre, at least i dont have to keep sending my car and not getting it fix.
Please help!:banghead:
When driving, can you tell roughly where the sound is emitting from?
Could it be a faulty top mount?

Have you try to step on your brake during uneven road? if the noise gone It might be loosen caliper.
never came across this symptom, are loosened calipers common?

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008

Loose calipers are mostly due to the guide pin. I've all 4 brake calipers with loose guide pin because of wrong lubricant use ! It won't cause any long term damage but it severe enough, it will break. For that reason i modified my brake systems to fixed rather than floating system.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Loose calipers are mostly due to the guide pin. I've all 4 brake calipers with loose guide pin because of wrong lubricant use ! It won't cause any long term damage but it severe enough, it will break. For that reason i modified my brake systems to fixed rather than floating system.
okay that's refreshing, I don't remember hearing such cases before. now I have something new to monitor

by the way, you mentioned wrong lubricant? Lubricant as in bolt grease?

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
okay that's refreshing, I don't remember hearing such cases before. now I have something new to monitor

by the way, you mentioned wrong lubricant? Lubricant as in bolt grease?
Yes i meant bolt grease, for certain brands of brake pad, the manufacturer will provide a small bag of grease for your guide pin included in the box upon purchase. For my case, the mechanic used some multi purpose machinery grease to lubricate my guide pins when i wanted to replace my brake pads. The damn grease wear out so fast that damages the guide pin. Please please please make sure your mechanic uses the right grease for lubricating the guide pin. i don't want anybody meet the same thing like mine.

jerrysiow

Known Member

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban

It could be happen if using wrong grease or never apply grease. The caliper pin might interact with the caliper and causes loosen over a certain of period.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Noise can be from all sorts of things, not easy to detect the root cause. Need to zoom in first from around which location, front/rear, left/right, middle, underneath, inside engine compartment or the boot, or where? Sound like metal, plastic, rubber, or what?
This is only about 1 year old car also, strange...

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Noise can be from all sorts of things, not easy to detect the root cause. Need to zoom in first from around which location, front/rear, left/right, middle, underneath, inside engine compartment or the boot, or where? Sound like metal, plastic, rubber, or what?
It could be a lemon product. If its less than 1 month, i would ask for a new replacement.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
It could be happen if using wrong grease or never apply grease. The caliper pin might interact with the caliper and causes loosen over a certain of period.
If floating guide pin you need the grease to keep it lubricated, but my mechanic uses rubber grease as not to damage the rubber seals. If use normal grease rubber seal will expand or break down with time. Been using rubber grease for many many years already. Method of just apply enough to lubricate. Don't over apply....:driver:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Agree, to find the exact place the noise is coming from needs to check thoroughly. Sometimes sound like from left but actually from the right. I had my fair share of searching for noise in 2 of my cars.....lol:biggrin:

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
If floating guide pin you need the grease to keep it lubricated, but my mechanic uses rubber grease as not to damage the rubber seals. If use normal grease rubber seal will expand or break down with time. Been using rubber grease for many many years already. Method of just apply enough to lubricate. Don't over apply....:driver:
Too late lol, i've modified the front with 4 piston sumitomo brake caliper. The rear still retains and now it rattles slightly. Going to source for a 2 pistons GTT caliper to pair with it. You got kang tao ?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Do you need so strong braking in the rears? Already have 4 pots in front.....:driver:
Have to check chop shop loh......

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
aaaaaaaaaaaaand the thread starter has disappeared.

In my personal opinion, until we physically see the car, everything we say will only be speculation.

How old is the Mazda 3? Which model? Was it ever in an accident? Which side is the sound coming from? Does it sound metallic or just a wooden thud noise? How to replicate the sound? Does it only happen on a certain type of road?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

1. How does this ATF cooler work ? isit same concept with normal oil cooler?

2. Can we use normal oil cooler to be use as ATF cooler ?

3. does this ATF cooler really usefull in M'sia environment and weather? if yes, in what sense ?

4. Where to get ATF cooler in KL/sunway/puchong?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience