lowered spring

seek88destroy

Known Member
May 8, 2006
hi....jz askin...wat if lowered spring use in normal absorber ...wat will the ride be...stable kah?

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
it will be uncomfortable..........cornering will improve but the ride quality will be not as confortable as when using the standard spring..........i have tried many brands of sports springs & more or less they are still not able to match the comfortableness of a standard spring.........

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
how exactly do u mean by "uncomfortable" ..? is it because the ride is too stiff after changing sports springs usin normal abs ?

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
ya bcos the sports spring are stiffer than ori springs so the ride is also stiff , so when the ride is stiff the cars ends up bouncing when driven over potholes, uneven road or even uneven highways.........in some cheap springs it is very bouncy whereas in some good branded ones it is not very bouncy lah.....

ii dont know if the sports springs would be less bouncy if matched with short stroked absorbers.......

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
its bouncy coz the spring rate u've chosen is not the correct one.

lowered springs with normal abs will kill the abs faster than usual.coz it will compress the abs when ur car is not moving.

solution : u shud get short stroke abs to match ur lowered springs.

seek88destroy

Known Member
May 8, 2006
wat if...standard spring ...potong 1 tingkat.....compare wif lowered spring wif normal abs.

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
i agree that sports srpings will kill normal abs faster...so mayb short stroke abs wil last long but will the ride improve by using sport spring + short abs ???

seek 88 if cut 1 tingkat i think it will not be lowered that much.....

xbalance are you sure perdana spring can fit into the wira abs cup...i mean 1.5 wira.....

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
simon im asking is it posible to install perdana spring? on wira sedan...

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
cutting is even worse.will make ur ride even bumpier coz the spring rate is already different by cutting of one coil.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
if use perdana spring on wira, ur front will be higher (given that it can be installed)... coz perdana v6 engine is heavier compare to wira engines... thus, ur front will be higher and stiffer.....

short stroke abs are much stiffer compare to normal abs... so, comfort will be sacrificed....

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
stiff in wat sense?:_: like..good handling?less body roll?

btw..i would like to ask opinion frm u guyz..wats the definition of a comfortable set of abs?:_: how does it feel and such.

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
is it the same height for both spring "tall" before install? in wira and perdana?? i think wira spring have smaller diameter coil...as for perdana have abit bigger diameter coil...i think...the main things is it both spring have the same height?? when put side by side...to measure...?? i want abit stiffer ride but not as stiff as sport spring...it make u bump up and down...

TermiziYeoh

1,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2005
Cheras , Sel
How bout those progressive springs ? Not going to kill the abs that fast right ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

[FONT=&quot]

One of the golden rules of automotive photography states that almost any car looks way more awesome in the air. Fortunately, the Hyundai Veloster doesn’t fall short of that ledge. On paper, it’s impressive enough with its six-speed transmission and direct-injection lump but in the air, wearing full rally livery, it’s 12 different kinds of awesome.

Slathered in Red Bull Racing colours, the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience