Lower arm bush

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
hello,

I be heading to KL this Saturday for a week,
anyone keen for a meet up or go to LAN engineering together?

can be my translator as my melayu is terrible.

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
Eh. I thought their shop was burned down less than 2 months ago. Back in operation?
really? didn't know about this..

but for sure, the price has went up.. RM70 for 1 pu bush..
:banghead:

any other PU bush shop that can share?

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
really? didn't know about this..

but for sure, the price has went up.. RM70 for 1 pu bush..
:banghead:

any other PU bush shop that can share?
I just checked their mudah page got update 29/7. So I think they're back in business. Just in case maybe you can call him and ask. His number - 0173487006 LAN. Friday they close btw.

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
I just checked their mudah page got update 29/7. So I think they're back in business. Just in case maybe you can call him and ask. His number - 0173487006 LAN. Friday they close btw.
yeah, he told me its now RM70 per bush..

mojo1ne

Jun 29, 2006
I blacklisted Lan. If not I can bring you there.

- He screwed up my steering rack and burnt the EPS and I had to go buy another one
- His ppl broke my stiff rings by over-torquing and i had to go buy new ones
- His ppl over-torque my subframe bolts and i had to go re-thread it.
- He changed my wheel hub bearing to non-abs compliant and now my abs not working
- Everytime ask me to go back and he will change the bearing but go back there 4 times and my car park there whole day nothing done and keep saying cannot find the bearing. He wont work on it immediately... always from 9am until 4pm only start to look at it when i go back there
- His PU bush use less than 3 months will deteriorate and look worse than dog bite.. not to mention dangerous for car.
- After all the above, he just don't bother to even want to settle with me.

For a rm70 PU Bush? Not fucking worth it. He is different now from last time... he dont touch car anymore. Want to be boss... his workers all fucking bangla kids.

If you value your car don't bring there.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
I blacklisted Lan. If not I can bring you there.

- He screwed up my steering rack and burnt the EPS and I had to go buy another one
- His ppl broke my stiff rings by over-torquing and i had to go buy new ones
- His ppl over-torque my subframe bolts and i had to go re-thread it.
- He changed my wheel hub bearing to non-abs compliant and now my abs not working
- Everytime ask me to go back and he will change the bearing but go back there 4 times and my car park there whole day nothing done and keep saying cannot find the bearing. He wont work on it immediately... always from 9am until 4pm only start to look at it when i go back there
- His PU bush use less than 3 months will deteriorate and look worse than dog bite.. not to mention dangerous for car.
- After all the above, he just don't bother to even want to settle with me.

For a rm70 PU Bush? Not fucking worth it. He is different now from last time... he dont touch car anymore. Want to be boss... his workers all fucking bangla kids.

If you value your car don't bring there.
damn. my car oso the PU bushing last time over torque. his bangla guy or rohingya something use air gun for everything. i went there again to change the PU bush that was busted but now the other side i think got slight free play. and yes, he change the PU for free but it's a hassle to go there and need to wait for the queue to change the bush.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Read from blacklisted above. Boss is skilled and knowledgeable.
Just frequently hengggg...duno what is in the mind :hmmmm:
Mojo i feel you.
But my case in penang.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Read from blacklisted above. Boss is skilled and knowledgeable.
Just frequently hengggg...duno what is in the mind :hmmmm:
Mojo i feel you.
But my case in penang.
Like that business can go down woh!....:hmmmm:

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
wow.. thanks for sharing mojo1ne..

save my trip and time to go there..

anywhere else for recommendation?
whole Malaysia or KL, only got Lan Engineering?

mojo1ne

Jun 29, 2006
Use back OEM ones loh......:smokin:
Actually he is correct.. Use OEM ones, especially Wira u can find Ralliart strengthened bushings or other brands. Its alot better.

However if u still wan to go PU, I suggest u r able to find those that 'melts' the PU or whatever material they use into the arm. I don't have a pic to show u but it looks like the bushing is bonded with the lower arm. These r more resilient cos is less movements.

PU Bushings like Lan uses is prone to deteriorating cos its loose in the bush center... there is free play (a little) and long time abrasion and vibration causes it to deteriorate.

And honestly... his skill is only so so.. the engineering is not precise. He makes his bushes abit looser (micro but enough to cause problems) and you think about it... if ur really that good y r u charging dirt cheap price? His target r ppl that superbudget and don't mind shoddy work. thats y u dont see high perf cars there. Im not looking down on under tree mechanics as my mechanic himself is under tree but the high perf cars u see there r alot. So skill matters.

The pictures above are from Lan Engineering work. See how the top and bottom rings already deteriorated. And is only 6 months of use.

Attachments

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey ppl.....

was just wondering....the new proton saga claim 83 hp on engine but i am sure its less on wheels.... my question is that can we convert the SOHC to DOHC? issit as simple as ading another cam..... ? or can we change it into high cams? how much does it cost to convert?

i also want to know the expected results...like 83hp to xxx HP...? can it be done? thanks u sifu and other brothers..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience