Low boost sounds like r34 );

Oct 8, 2014
Miri
Is it ok when its below 0 bar the sound from the turbo like 'wu tu tu tu' how r34 sounds like. But when in 0.5 in sound 'kepishhh' . Cause i read from some forums that 'wuu tu tu' sound can dmg our turbo. Im new to turbo. Can someone tell me?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Compressor surge. One of the best sounds but not good for the turbine.
I don't own a turbo car, but from friend's turbo car, it seems okay. Just don't do it too often on purpose.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
But 0 and below where got boost? That is why no 'kepishhh'
seems like the BOV spring adjusted too tight when close throttle there is not enough vaccum to keep open the BOV...but the turbo already pumped some pressure inside the piping hence tu tu tu tu compressor surge....

me everytime drive half spiritedly sure got that sound....only way to reduce it push the throttle more and make proper boost before releasing throttle/change the gear :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
seems like the BOV spring adjusted too tight when close throttle there is not enough vaccum to keep open the BOV...but the turbo already pumped some pressure inside the piping hence tu tu tu tu compressor surge....

me everytime drive half spiritedly sure got that sound....only way to reduce it push the throttle more and make proper boost before releasing throttle/change the gear :biggrin:
Wah! every time you drive, means sure got "kepish" .....:rofl:

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
just wan to ask if the spring lock too tight wat will happen to our BOV or if too loose then how?

awie5940

Known Member
Jan 6, 2014
Selangor
Blow off function is to release the volume off air in intake with certain pressure which can be measured on the boost meter.. if spring rate higher is too tight the boost won't comes out but if too soft u will lose the boost..normally can measured by gauging meter..if at 0 & below it will return through air filter..
..like wastegate function to reduce the volume from combustion..correct me seefu if I am wrong

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i have 4g91 engine...
the probelm is, how to make my engine more pickup
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience