Looking for body car painting

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Yes it is depending a lot on the workmanship too, I might even think it's more important the materials. Good materials but not coupled with good workmanship will not result good too. However normal std materials but done with good workmanship might result better.
I x think so bro..all are equally important s they work hand-in-hand..u can have a good painter but if d mixtures r wrong (too little or too much...that's y it's very important to follow d measurements when mixing) then things can go wrong wiz d finishing..but I do agree wiz u on ur last statement tho :)

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
The roof needs replacement. My ex wira had same problem. My friend grind until bare metal on both side, means from outside and inside. Change the glue holding the sheet and frame, paint anti rust paint before respray paint and clear coat. After about 8 months started to come back.....:banghead::banghead:

this is exactly what happened to my colleague. He spend thousand of rm for the job, and rust still occur on the roof of the car. Worst, the boot starting to develop rust bubbles pulak. Her girlfren even named it "Rustie"

End of the day, he sold of the car for a song and bought a Myvi.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
this is exactly what happened to my colleague. He spend thousand of rm for the job, and rust still occur on the roof of the car. Worst, the boot starting to develop rust bubbles pulak. Her girlfren even named it "Rustie"

End of the day, he sold of the car for a song and bought a Myvi.
Yup, same here got feed up sold the Wira and bought the Sonata III. However I got good price because very well kept. I sold to the Dealer who sold me the Sonata but he offer RM19k market price wheres I wanted 21. Told him come over to my house to see. Once he saw, he called his partner and confirmed the deal......lol

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I x think so bro..all are equally important s they work hand-in-hand..u can have a good painter but if d mixtures r wrong (too little or too much...that's y it's very important to follow d measurements when mixing) then things can go wrong wiz d finishing..but I do agree wiz u on ur last statement tho :)
Yup, like clear coat must have correct amount of clear coat to the hardener. Sprayer also have to be good for even spraying. Too much end up with drip, too little the paint too thin.....:banghead:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
The roof needs replacement. My ex wira had same problem. My friend grind until bare metal on both side, means from outside and inside. Change the glue holding the sheet and frame, paint anti rust paint before respray paint and clear coat. After about 8 months started to come back.....:banghead::banghead:
Seems like a lot of Wira have this problem. Previously already send the roof for grinding. Now seems okay but the paint started to show signs of crack. Now the rust problem appears on rear bonnet and at the side of driver and passenger door. They are like aligned in one straight line. Small round of dots or bubble shaped rust.

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Seems like a lot of Wira have this problem. Previously already send the roof for grinding. Now seems okay but the paint started to show signs of crack. Now the rust problem appears on rear bonnet and at the side of driver and passenger door. They are like aligned in one straight line. Small round of dots or bubble shaped rust.
The rust if u notice on d roof or bonnet/hood follows d 'tulang'..x amount of grinding or stripping work can eliminate it once it appears...u can prolong it for a while (mine lasted 6yrs) before it pops up again...only solution is unfortunately to replace d respective panels..

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Well what I mean with workmanship is everything that includes the work package, like careful mixing, prep, finishing and cleaning works, not just painting. So wrong mixing means not good workmanship also. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Common Proton problem on Wira and Iswara, Wira more on roof and boot cover. Iswara door and engine bonnet.
I sold the Wira because of this rust problem only, engine is Mitsu so no complaints.....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
The rust if u notice on d roof or bonnet/hood follows d 'tulang'..x amount of grinding or stripping work can eliminate it once it appears...u can prolong it for a while (mine lasted 6yrs) before it pops up again...only solution is unfortunately to replace d respective panels..
If rust appears on body area where the parts are non removable, what can be done to it? And is rust problem related to paint job quality?

Common Proton problem on Wira and Iswara, Wira more on roof and boot cover. Iswara door and engine bonnet.
I sold the Wira because of this rust problem only, engine is Mitsu so no complaints.....
My front hood last time already got multiple rust until can see tiny holes where light can actually go through. Replaced the whole hood at the end. Your Wira is on what year? Carb or EFI?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Yup, like clear coat must have correct amount of clear coat to the hardener. Sprayer also have to be good for even spraying. Too much end up with drip, too little the paint too thin.....:banghead:
Agree. Some shops offer very cheap price for the paint job. But the paint sprayed on the vehicle was simply too thin, single layer samor, with little prep work......and after couple of years, the colour underneath shows through.

I see that alot of such cases in company lorries and van.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
I suspect the rust is caused by the unsuitable use of glue/insulation in the steel panel. or Something like that...

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
If rust appears on body area where the parts are non removable, what can be done to it? And is rust problem related to paint job quality?

My front hood last time already got multiple rust until can see tiny holes where light can actually go through. Replaced the whole hood at the end. Your Wira is on what year? Carb or EFI?
hahahah, then this is a good "excuse" to replace it with a CF bonnet.....Surely wont rust anymore

hon_cs

Known Member
Jan 23, 2004
Ipoh

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
hahahah, then this is a good "excuse" to replace it with a CF bonnet.....Surely wont rust anymore
Thought before of changing to CF hood and fender some time in future. But sifu VR2 say better use the $ to mod and Izssuark said if I do so on Wira, sure going to be thief magnet. Unless I paint them back according to car colour.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Not sure if anyone have seen this thread bmw e30. Very long progress. I would say this is the best because the owner really put efforts into each of every bits. If you don't have id, please right click and open new tab for every page navigation.

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/forum/the-bmw-range/-3-series/e30/28282-once-in-a-lifetime-project

Bro fazidk, base on your exp, what you think of the body and paint work?
wow.. thats really a full restoration... lots of sweat and tears put into that car

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

There might be field hockey and ice hockey but, as anybody that has seen both games played, they share as much in common as a bikini and full-body wetsuit. Another more worthy example for these pages might be Formula One and Nascar.

Though the two might not be associated at all, sharing sponsors has made the jump a little less harsh on the knees lately, especially since Juan Pablo Montoya made the leap...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience