Looking for body car painting

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
I got my words wrong. I thought the normal white is also called metallic. What I noticed in the Gallardo is, the paint doesn't reflect as well as cars with white factory paint. It is just not that glossy.

Here's a photo of the Wira with RM6k paint. A bit difficult to notice the metal flake here.

I would be hard pressed to call that a Wira anymore....:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Total amount spend on that Wira far exceeds its current value... I would even say it exceeded its original factory value too.

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Well if u want a good shine that last long u need:
1. A good sprayer
2. Proper/correct mixture of paint
3. Proper/correct mixture of paint n thinner
4. Good quality lacquer
5. Good quality thinner (both normal n 2k thinner) AND
6. Make sure d prep is properly done..x point spending on good quality products when d initial prep work is x up to par..but x la expect a 30k result for a 2-3k job..:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Mod and transplanted have higher value when have right buyer. If normal standard wira then lower value....:smokin:
Slightly higher but won't be able to cover the costs spent. The paint alone is RM6k if what my friend said is true. The Brembo cost a lot too.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Since I know my Wira can't be sold for any value, might as well keep it running for the next 10 years ma. Don't want to get new car and pay installment every month. Rather fix and experiment with new things on this Wira.
Standard wira no need RM6k paint lah.......:driver:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
1. A good sprayer
4. Good quality lacquer
6. Make sure d prep is properly done..x point spending on good quality products when d initial prep work is x up to par..but x la expect a 30k result for a 2-3k job..:biggrin:
Correct, prep is very important. Like putty work, sanding down skill. Some paint job I have seen when you get the car looks perfect, then after a week or two the sanding lines appears and you cannot get rid of it, because it is under the paint layer....:banghead:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
1. A good sprayer
4. Good quality lacquer
Means it depends on who is the sprayer as well? Now that is more difficult than getting good quality products.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Want something that lasts. Don't want rust problem again. Don't know what to do if main body got rust.
The roof needs replacement. My ex wira had same problem. My friend grind until bare metal on both side, means from outside and inside. Change the glue holding the sheet and frame, paint anti rust paint before respray paint and clear coat. After about 8 months started to come back.....:banghead::banghead:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Means it depends on who is the sprayer as well? Now that is more difficult than getting good quality products.
Yes it is depending a lot on the workmanship too, I might even think it's more important the materials. Good materials but not coupled with good workmanship will not result good too. However normal std materials but done with good workmanship might result better.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

VEILSIDE for 350Z Community

Hi everyone,

We are glad to inform all of you that we are in the midst of bringing Veilside into Malaysia in the next couple of months. We are planning to have our Veilside soft launch products once we enter the Malaysian market.

As you all know that Veilside is the leading exclusive automotive product especially in body parts for aerodynamic and aesthetic enhancement of the vehicle.Veilside products have been featured in movies such as The Fast and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience