Looking for body car painting

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
My current paint is ok, original from factory since 1999. Just that recently, rust problems started to appear on roof and rear bonnet. Minor dents and scratches can also be found on the side of the car body. So, I was thinking, I should respray the car some time in the future, probably next year or 2 years later.

But when it comes to respray, I wonder should I go for expensive ones like the RM6k that I mentioned earlier which looks impressive or just settle with some RM1k-RM2k paint. I saw before those ordinary respray and they do look terrible. They have some sort of matte look on it when I look at the paint up close. The RM6k paint Wira that I mentioned totally don't have such signs.
@_@ now im scared...... most ppl quoted me around the 2.5k region (other than 2 crazy fellas, 1.6k and 8k), now i know, i have to ask if thats the good stuff or the cheap stuff....

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
If just to repaint bumpers & skirting, normally I just go with the cheapest, as long as the color matches and shiny enough then I'm happy! The last time I just went with a Groupon deal for only like rm100 per panel to repaint my skirting. :biggrin: Why so? Because bumpers & skirting will often get scratches and chips again (especially as my car is also lowered), so I never want to pay much for those.

For body then may consider better quality ones, but normally I'm also not that particular with high quality expensive stuff like Glasurit etc2. I'm always looking for reasonable value for money stuff. But I'm very particular on the color matching, really itchy to even a slight difference in shade or metallic reflections.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
@_@ now im scared...... most ppl quoted me around the 2.5k region (other than 2 crazy fellas, 1.6k and 8k), now i know, i have to ask if thats the good stuff or the cheap stuff....
Problem is how would you know if it's good stuff or cheap stuff?? A shop can quote you a good stuff price but then paint using cheap stuff and you would not know until a few years down the road!

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
8k for paint? What sort of godly level paint is that?

By the way, I have seen before a white Gallardo Spyder up close with a low quality paint job. Just like what I described earlier. From a far, it still looks fine like metallic paint. But when I am near the car, the paint looks funny because it had that matte look to it. Doesn't look as reflective as stock paint from factory. Sounds funny to me because if you own a Lamborghini, why do you go for a paint job like this. Or that could be the work from a second hand car dealer assuming the car is on sale before. I'll put a picture here and see if you can notice what I mean or not.

If just to repaint bumpers & skirting, normally I just go with the cheapest, as long as the color matches and shiny enough then I'm happy! The last time I just went with a Groupon deal for only like rm100 per panel to repaint my skirting. :biggrin: Why so? Because bumpers & skirting will often get scratches and chips again (especially as my car is also lowered), so I never want to pay much for those.

For body then may consider better quality ones, but normally I'm also not that particular with high quality expensive stuff like Glasurit etc2. I'm always looking for reasonable value for money stuff. But I'm very particular on the color matching, really itchy to even a slight difference in shade or metallic reflections.
I think bumpers and skirting is fine to use cheaper paint. They won't have rust problems unlike metal parts. And these parts can be replaced. The metal parts should be given more emphasis because they are prone to rust and they are difficult to be replaced.

Attachments

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
sad..... will remember install mudflaps and apply stickers/lips over the bumper and skirts after i paint my car
Hahaha no need to be so sayang la, later you'd still get hit by stones & sands from trucks anyway! Just take those scratches & chips as battle scars! :biggrin:

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
8k for paint? What sort of godly level paint is that?

By the way, I have seen before a white Gallardo Spyder up close with a low quality paint job. Just like what I described earlier. From a far, it still looks fine like metallic paint. But when I am near the car, the paint looks funny because it had that matte look to it. Doesn't look as reflective as stock paint from factory. Sounds funny to me because if you own a Lamborghini, why do you go for a paint job like this. Or that could be the work from a second hand car dealer assuming the car is on sale before. I'll put a picture here and see if you can notice what I mean or not.

Ermmmm just FYI bro there's x metallic for white paint...anyway if d car was in a use car dealer then chances are they had d car touched up hence d problem u describe..OR it possibly be becoz d car been stationary quite a while n no care was taken...:hmmmm:

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Main cld be either solid,pearl or crystal (for white)..

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Problem is how would you know if it's good stuff or cheap stuff?? A shop can quote you a good stuff price but then paint using cheap stuff and you would not know until a few years down the road!
macam ni lagi takut man.... hmm will probably go to a shop with a good rep like faidik here, atleast x kene chop unknowingly

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
ohh ya fazidk, does it cost alot more to add metal flake to a paint job?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
next time, before deciding to paint, or deciding which shop to go for painting, what brand......hire Fazidk as car paint-consultant. He will have double income later.

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
ohh ya fazidk, does it cost alot more to add metal flake to a paint job?
Yeah bro it does cost higher...by how much depends on d kind of 'flakes' u want..it does come in variety of colors,types n grades

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
next time, before deciding to paint, or deciding which shop to go for painting, what brand......hire Fazidk as car paint-consultant. He will have double income later.
Haha bro I recommend my own place la like that...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Ermmmm just FYI bro there's x metallic for white paint...anyway if d car was in a use car dealer then chances are they had d car touched up hence d problem u describe..OR it possibly be becoz d car been stationary quite a while n no care was taken...:hmmmm:
I got my words wrong. I thought the normal white is also called metallic. What I noticed in the Gallardo is, the paint doesn't reflect as well as cars with white factory paint. It is just not that glossy.

Here's a photo of the Wira with RM6k paint. A bit difficult to notice the metal flake here.

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Honda's all new City arrives Malaysia with fresh 121ps 1.5L DOHC I-VTEC engines, including the hero car, a world's first, twin electric motor hybrid City e:HEV RS as one of the 4 variants offered.

City RS e:HEV : 108ps / 253nm / twin electric motor / 4cyl DOHC I-VTEC / E-CVT / Honda Sensing / RS bodykit / Price: TBA

City S / E / V Models: 121ps / 145nm / 1.5L 4cyl DOHC I-VTEC / CVT / Prices: V...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience