Limited slip differential

jambunk86

500 RPM
Jun 19, 2005
Kajang
Hi All Sifus,

I would like to seek for opinions on which LSD to go for. It is for my Proton Satria.

I have been asking around on what option available to choose from. Some suggests to go for a mivec LSD, but as everyone knows the item is quite a rare breed to find and the price is a little off from my budget.

I stumble upon Speedzone LSD. Speedone claimed their LSD is 1.5way 90% lock. Kind of not sure how does that work. Does anyone have tried their LSD (I believe this is relatively been in the market quite some time) and how does it perform?

Other option available for me to think of?

btw, I need an LSD for trackday use.

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Good that you know LSD is helpful on track, but you are puzzled how it work in exact. It prevent the slip of one wheel but instead transmit equal torque onto both sides.
1way in effect when acceleration
1.5way in effect both situation but on limited extend on deceleration if im not wrong?
2way in effect when acceleration and deceleration

jambunk86

500 RPM
Jun 19, 2005
Kajang
Good that you know LSD is helpful on track, but you are puzzled how it work in exact. It prevent the slip of one wheel but instead transmit equal torque onto both sides.
1way in effect when acceleration
1.5way in effect both situation but on limited extend on deceleration if im not wrong?
2way in effect when acceleration and deceleration
:biggrin:
will google how does it work in exact later. hihi. Besides Mivec LSD, I noticed there is KAAZ & Powerzone available for my Satria, but KAAZ is quote way off budget. any other option available?

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Not familiar for your platform but Cusco, OSgiken as well produces quality differential

jambunk86

500 RPM
Jun 19, 2005
Kajang
exactly. way off my budget for an LSD. :bawling: Speedzone LSD will cost me RM 1k including installation. but trying to look for any info how does their stuff perform.

the perfect video on how they work for you:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DmItXixE30

kaaz is good aftermarket stuff, sure mahal!
Havent stumble upon any of those brands for my Satria.

Not familiar for your platform but Cusco, OSgiken as well produces quality differential

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Hi All Sifus,

I would like to seek for opinions on which LSD to go for. It is for my Proton Satria.

I have been asking around on what option available to choose from. Some suggests to go for a mivec LSD, but as everyone knows the item is quite a rare breed to find and the price is a little off from my budget.

I stumble upon Speedzone LSD. Speedone claimed their LSD is 1.5way 90% lock. Kind of not sure how does that work. Does anyone have tried their LSD (I believe this is relatively been in the market quite some time) and how does it perform?

Other option available for me to think of?

btw, I need an LSD for trackday use.

If im not mistaken, PZ's LSD is a replica of phantom grip LSDs. Not even sure if phantom grip is around these days anymore, but if you can find a video maybe you'll understand how they work. I have no idea how they work at all either. :hmmmm:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
i would say the wedge lock by powerzone and phantomgrip is just a very basic spring loaded braking mechanism is the differential....

at max lock probably at best around 20% total lock?

way behin proper mechanical lsd/plated lsd....

but for grassroot the powerzone wedge lock is a good starter...

jambunk86

500 RPM
Jun 19, 2005
Kajang
i would say the wedge lock by powerzone and phantomgrip is just a very basic spring loaded braking mechanism is the differential....

at max lock probably at best around 20% total lock?

way behin proper mechanical lsd/plated lsd....

but for grassroot the powerzone wedge lock is a good starter...
Thanks2. im thinking of going for the proper one, 2 3 time change headache. :biggrin:

Just need to dig around for $$$

jambunk86

500 RPM
Jun 19, 2005
Kajang
If im not mistaken, PZ's LSD is a replica of phantom grip LSDs. Not even sure if phantom grip is around these days anymore, but if you can find a video maybe you'll understand how they work. I have no idea how they work at all either. :hmmmm:
hehe. Im concerned as well. Well, nothing good comes cheap right.:banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone can recommend decent price and spray work along jalan kapar, klang utama or meru ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience