Light modifications on 4g15?

Dec 28, 2011
Århus Denmark
Hey people,

I have got hold on a 4g15 engine to swap with my existing 4g13 in my mitsubishi colt from 91. as far as i can se, the engine is the same as in the proton.

but before i mount it i would like to give it a light tuning, just to give it a little more acceleration when i am starting at the traffic lights ;)

but what would you suggest to change on this engine?

what camshaft is the best, and will it make a noticable different to change the throttlebody and port the intake?

I am new to this forum, but hope you can help me whith this project :)

Attachments

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
go search for matspeed... u can get their cams and at the same time u can do engine balancing as with them as well.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
bro i think he is in denmark.

best camshafts im not sure cause options are quite limited. depends on what ur able to get ur hands on. some guys in malaysia sell high cams like Powerzone or you can get works cams, matspeed cams.

if you port the TB, port the intake and exhauts , and while ur at it...port and polish the head...get the header and exhaust done...im sure youll see some pretty nice gains and DEFINITELY noticeable bro..

vatterpas

Dec 28, 2011
Århus Denmark
thanks for the replies, yeah unfortunately i am stuck in denmark, not the best country to be a car enthusiast in ;)

I have been searching a little around and it looks like it should be possible to order some camshafts from germany, so fingers crossed they are not to sharp. but i will look more in to that.

but now i have no doubt, it has to be ported if that will be naticeable! I am currently studing as an automotive technologist, and we will try to get the engine in as a class project so we can run it through the engine-dyno before and after the modifications to se how much different it makes :)

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Since you probably have access to heavy duty equipment as a student doing automotive tech, why not bore out the cylinders larger, use forged high compression pistons, PNP, upgrade injectors, get a fuel pressure regulator, camshaft (since you're getting from Germany, you might as well consider getting from M'sia too since there are so many types available here. 1 euro = RM3.50 approximately so your buying power is tremendously higher), oversized valves and RCS springs, forged conrods and balance the whole assembly yourself?

:biggrin: