leaving car for long period.....

hukumkarma

500 RPM
Dec 5, 2005
hai guys, i'm newbie here..
can anyone advise me how to solve my problem..

i will leaving this country for long period (around a year)..can somebody advise me how to take care my car while in not around.

i put my car in garage, with no body can even move it, start it or touch it.
should i took out my battery?

i need an expert advise here..

somebody said, if the car not start (even for heating up engine) for long time, it will jammed the car.. is it true?

pls help me...

abubu

Known Member
Aug 4, 2005
kuching
www.datto.co.nr
im also thinking of leaving my 26 yr old 120y for 2-3 weeks without starting soon, need to go back hometown....isit advisable? i heard its not really recomended for old cars...

[s]UpErNoVa

Known Member
Feb 8, 2006
hukumkarma: yup.. of course haf to disconnect the battery bro.. if not it will surely be flat.. but then u'll be not around for a year.. hmm.. that's a long time bro.. my advice is to leave ur car keys wif someone n ask him or her to start ur key once in like 2 weeks? jus to get the engine running lo.. if not like u said, the engine piston might get jammed.. :regular_smile:

abubu: 2 or 3 weeks quite ok bro.. but how old is ur car battery? if it's like 1 year ++ then might be flat when u come back.. :regular_smile:

hukumkarma

500 RPM
Dec 5, 2005
[s]UpErNoVa said:
hukumkarma: yup.. of course haf to disconnect the battery bro.. if not it will surely be flat.. but then u'll be not around for a year.. hmm.. that's a long time bro.. my advice is to leave ur car keys wif someone n ask him or her to start ur key once in like 2 weeks? jus to get the engine running lo.. if not like u said, the engine piston might get jammed.. :regular_smile:

abubu: 2 or 3 weeks quite ok bro.. but how old is ur car battery? if it's like 1 year ++ then might be flat when u come back.. :regular_smile:
thanks for the advise.. i will get somebody to start the engine.. hope fully not to 'kidnapped' my car.. that i'm worried about..

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
well, not only car battery and engine that you should be worring abt. if you have expensive upholstery in your car. The upholstery can get moldy (locally ppl call it "kulapuk")and even damaged the upholstery if left too long due to mold spores attack. Ppl used to advice vintage car owners to keep some quality dessicant in the car to keep the air in the car fairly dry thus preventing mold grown.

'[00] TRD

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
imagine after one year u come back then found out yr car full of mould, LoLz, that will b a scene man!!

ya, u better remove yr battery box.. last time, my car also cant start after leavin for few weeks only

:X-:

abubu

Known Member
Aug 4, 2005
kuching
www.datto.co.nr
ahh....my battery is very old already, nid to refill water 1....but last time my dad installed a bigger battery more than the recomended size...lazy go check but i know its of more than the required type la...seems to last very long.

so isit ok after 2/3 weeks disconnect the battery and put back still can start? any damage towards the engine? its already 26 years old and jus received it second overhaul few months back...

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
For cars with ECU, taking out the battery might reset its memory/setting. Does your car has an ECU?

hukumkarma

500 RPM
Dec 5, 2005
gosshhh, i think nobody think and talk bout this before and just keep in mind... when prob comes, try thinking hard what is happening. is it rite? to save money dont want people use ur car, become worse when unexpectable problem comes..

everybody out there have a same prob with mehas expirenced accident bout this, pls come give us advise..

i think dis is not a messy prob... later on it will comes to u all..

LET DISCUSS...!!! and share... more expert advise plss....

hukumkarma

500 RPM
Dec 5, 2005
especially for those have lot af gadget inside, showcar owner and very very taking car, plss come and share...

jeremy

Known Member
Nov 12, 2004
kuching-penang
Visit site
i'd advise u to leave yur car keys wif some whom u can trust.. ask him start the engine once in a while.. tat would be better than locking up da whole car 4 whole year... i understand tat u don wan others to use / touch it....whole loads of internal prob may occur that requires much much more money to repair wif left for 1year.

i'm speakin based on experience... coz every semester break, i hav to leave my car for 2 months,,,coz go bac hometown... leave it wif my fren.. no other option..

abubu

Known Member
Aug 4, 2005
kuching
www.datto.co.nr
ken yeang: for my car...26 yr old 120y where got ecu lah? ntg electronic inside except for my digital am/fm radio...hahahha

jeremy: i also leave my car with my friends....during semester break...coz im from east malaysia....but i also very paiseh wan to leave it to the same person everytime...so for shorter 2/3 weeks break i might jus consider to leave it at my house here and lock it up ma...got roof somemore....the friend that i trust i nid to drive all the way to johor and put in his house...the car is park inside the compound but no roof...he starts for me now n then.

hukumkarma

500 RPM
Dec 5, 2005
Taht Is The Big Prob Now, We Try To Trust Our Fren, But Nobody Can Predict How Sincere Our Fren Rite?

Everybody Loves Our Own Car, More Caring After We Have Done Some Major Changes To Our Car Become More Beautiful Or Powerful.

But Other People Think Different, They Think We Already Trust Them To Take Care, But They Didnt When They Saw Our Car, They Will Miss Used Their Own Promises And Hijack Our Car For Show Off.. If All Ok Without Our Knowledge, Nevermind..

If Something Happen, How? Blaming Ur Fren Its Ok, But To Get Back The Car Originality Is Possible. We Can Cover Up Back, But The Car Still Have It Own Title..'have Accident Before'.... Sui Maaa.... No More Virgin..

I'm Saying This Because I Have A Memories Before, That Why I Change My Mind To Leave Alone The Car. Maybe Tie Up All Tyre, Lock The Stering..just Give Car Key To Heat Up The Engine Only. They Lock Back.. Use Turbo Timer Setting Up The Time And Leave The Car Stop Engine It Self...

Is That Ok?

abubu

Known Member
Aug 4, 2005
kuching
www.datto.co.nr
hukumkarma bro....

thats the thing....i care for my car like a baby...lol....i know every angle, to the smallest bit of my car....all dents, scratches or watever,engine sound, i sure notice....can memorize them also...so when smth new appears when i leave the car or what i would sure have noticed them....u think i like leaving my car to others? no way....ive got this special friend who shares the same interest towards cars like me...he cares for cars but not till my extent but he knows how to jaga other ppls stuff and make sure that it will return to the rightful owner as what it is before....jus do what he is suppose to do...but my problem is its too far to drive down to johor jus for that....waste petrol and toll money....not really worth for a 2/3 weeks break...

but at the same time, scared also smth will b wrong with the engine etc. coz the car is driven daily...suddenly left idle for sometime...sure it'll abit effect the engine, brakes and etc. too....sigh...hard choice~

Evo48

Known Member
Mar 22, 2005
PJ
i left my car about 3 weeks during cny without taking out the battery also. the result, when i back i can start my car with and the engine like dying.......but everything is back to normal after 2 minutes i let the engine running. :) but for one year i think better pass your key to your lover or best trusted friend.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello 2 those who can help me out with my Kancil turbo problem.

I'm using a standard Mira turbo EFI engine on my Kancil. My idling rpm is unstable and giving a sound like a naval attack boat. It's so irritating to my ears. Some guys said that its due 2 the throttle body. They might be correct.
I tried 2 clean the system by removing the turbo intercooler and spraying the crc carburettor cleaner direct 2 the throttle body, but there was no effect. Next step I want 2 do is cleaning the MAF...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience