Launch Control?

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Ever tried pressing the brake hard with left foot and at the same time, pinning your throttle to metal to build the rev and boost before taking off?

I want to know how 'serious' will the damage be on the gearbox?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Re: Lunch Control?

the answer is yes

AvanT

Custom fabricator & CNC machining
Mar 20, 2009

Hey mate, I thought u wanted to go on diet, skip lunch or something.
Realized U meant launch control after reading further.....heheee

To answer your question, very very damaging, most likely will have the clutch plate toasted...fried...after 1 attempt. Why bro? thinking of changing to manual gearbox is it?...*hinting hinting*

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam

Ever tried pressing the brake hard with left foot and at the same time, pinning your throttle to metal to build the rev and boost before taking off?

I want to know how 'serious' will the damage be on the gearbox?
this is like killing ur ride..

Gudluck on that :biggrin:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL

hahahaha.. bros, I didn't even realize that I had the typo.. hahaha. so sorry. :P

Thanks for your replies bro pomen_GTR and D7zul

Hmm... I know there'll be damage but what about revving at N then pulling it down to D to take off? Is it equally bad?

Bro Advant, yeah, I am secretly planning for manual tranny (shhh... cannot let my finance minister read this!). I'll be getting evo cam-set and adjustable pulley next month....

AvanT

Custom fabricator & CNC machining
Mar 20, 2009

Yea man, understand your situation.
My Home Minister would disapprove it too if she sees this... hahaaa

Ohh...saw your post in VAG section, have U gotten your second car yet? U might want to consider the Jetta too if U're chossing VW. It's in the same price range, very similar to a Audi A4, more spacious & "fresher" look. In a class of its own. Unlike the Golf tsi, always gets compare with the Golf gti.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL

Bro Avant,

Yeah, I was seriously considering Golf TSi. I wanted something small and nimble and my wife prefers a smaller car than the current Sentra N16 which is already 7 years old. But then when I think further, I am worry that I'll regret as you said, TSi is always compared to GTi. And at the end of the day, I'll be doing something like GTi-wannabe. So upon agreement from my wife, I've decided to wait a bit longer (to let my 'water reservoir' more and will get GTi directly. No regrets ma... and by the way, Mach 7 will be launching soon in German, heard that the secret preview will happen November this year.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys. My friend's Yellow EG Ferios was stolen last Sunday, 2AM at MBO, Terminal Two Seremban. He went there to watch a movie. So please be extra careful if you go there. The place is equipped with CCTV but were told that not all are functioning. Below is the info of the stolen car:

1. Yellow colored EG ferio
2. Black front hood
3. Bronze CE28 replica rims
4. Plate number JCP 1636

Kindly please contact me at 013 if you happen to see the car anywhere.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience