Lancer Evo X (SST) inquiry

sukan_sudu

Apr 13, 2013
selangor
hi all sifu..anyone here using evo x sst?? how bout the transmission reliablity? recommend wshop around kl/selangor? what are compulsory mod/addition to the car to make it more reliable in malaysia hot weather condition? thanks in advance :biggrin:

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Hello.

The transmission is very reliable. It's the preventive measures and maintenance that must be done timely.

- SST Oil needed to be flushed and replaced at every service interval.. Recommended 40k KM.. best done every 25k - 30k KM (depends on how you drive) If you track the car often, recommend to half the interval
- Stock SST Oil coolers are working fine... If the EvoX is the premium ones that comes with Spot Lights, recommended to remove them for better air flow.
- Upgrading Oil Coolers is a plus. however, not really needed unless you are a very heavy user.

Wanggot

May 22, 2006
Jay Bee
Bet only a few of these coming to Mesia...
Saw one selling at Mudah recently

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I've never been a believer of camshafts not because I think they're funny, only because I own an auto car. To make it worse - I'm driving a 3-speed auto. So anything that affects my low end is generally a bad thing for me since my gear ratios are ridiculously tall.

What does that mean? It means camshafts are for people who want to improve their mid to highend power. Or so I thought...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience