Lancer CVT with Supercharger

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Partially agree, aftermarket kit usually requires modification as well, unleass the kit is really made for the car type, hence the price of it will be super expensive and not ideal. Since custom supercharging kit is much easier compare to turbocharge, by right it would be cheaper, but finding the people who know to fabricate the job is also another challenge. In my case, there is no readily made supercharging kit made for Lancer, even from the article i shared, its also custom built kit.

Besides going Rotrex, some Aussie folks suggested Eaton which is a twin screw type. The aim of this supercharging discussion is to minimize the sudden burst of power while increase torque across all rpm range. I welcome any ideas exchange.

Where is the fun of it if it is too easy :burnout:?

Thanks,
Ken

to me... the best supercharger unit still will be the root type/twin screw type...

compared to the turbine type supercharger is just exactly a turbocharger unit cut in half and slapped with pulley and high ratio gearing...

means at low rpm it doesnt get up much....

with root/twin screw type...u get instant powahhh :wheelspin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Approximate 9k, but still have custom the mount as well, so a little over 9k.
9k just for the Sc without intercooler, piping, pulley and other accessories kit? I thought 9k is already including some basic kit like the pulley and intercooler, no?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
to me... the best supercharger unit still will be the root type/twin screw type...

compared to the turbine type supercharger is just exactly a turbocharger unit cut in half and slapped with pulley and high ratio gearing...

But root/twin screw type lack at higher rpm, right? Plus they take up a lot more space for installation too.

For turbine type, depends on the pulley ratio too I think, but yeah the response is still more linear/smoother power curve, unlike root/twin screw or turbocharger.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
9k just for the Sc without intercooler, piping, pulley and other accessories kit? I thought 9k is already including some basic kit like the pulley and intercooler, no?
9k for whole kit, without intercooler, but recommend to get one to prevent heat issue. Pulley will be chstom when order.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008

Might not be good idea, this CVT hates anything that provides too much sudden boost.

But root/twin screw type lack at higher rpm, right? Plus they take up a lot more space for installation too.

Thats why Rotrex centrifugal type by far is the best match fot compact engine bay. Even car like jazz can fit it in nice and clean.

For turbine type, depends on the pulley ratio too I think, but yeah the response is still more linear/smoother power curve, unlike root/twin screw or turbocharger.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
visit levelten, just now. Glimpse through torque converter. Interesting.
Same principle as factory motor - belt driven gearbox. We called it hydraulic coupling. Safety plug will burst if overload.
Duno how it work for car. Got safety plug ? hehehe :hmmmm:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

nope... twin screw/root sc will give linear boost.... boos usually stays really flat...

turbine/centrifugal type sc will increase boost exponentially (depend on blade design and size) as rpm increase...which is definately not linear...

or i would say like a laggy turbo that needs rpm for boost....

Might not be good idea, this CVT hates anything that provides too much sudden boost.
root/twinscrew is the linear boost....

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
nope... twin screw/root sc will give linear boost.... boos usually stays really flat...

turbine/centrifugal type sc will increase boost exponentially (depend on blade design and size) as rpm increase...which is definately not linear...

or i would say like a laggy turbo that needs rpm for boost....

root/twinscrew is the linear boost....
But it looks like too much power at low rpm, especially if you in D drive and stuck in jamme, holding the brakes. Well i am not sure whether they have the release clutch tech like those in dual clutch.

Thanks,
Ken

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
But it looks like too much power at low rpm, especially if you in D drive and stuck in jamme, holding the brakes. Well i am not sure whether they have the release clutch tech like those in dual clutch.

Thanks,
Ken
Got Low end torque only nice to drive mah.....lol

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

Thanks,
Ken
when in D u can crawl in traffic without touching the throttle....

boost only came on when u open up the throttle....

plus cvt usually have the torque converter or clutch mechanism as well...

so in idle no boost...and the cvt stress should be pretty much like stock car in D as well...

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Got Low end torque only nice to drive mah.....lol
Poison again ???

when in D u can crawl in traffic without touching the throttle....

boost only came on when u open up the throttle....

plus cvt usually have the torque converter or clutch mechanism as well...

so in idle no boost...and the cvt stress should be pretty much like stock car in D as well...
That sounds pretty good, Lancer GT's is torque converter type CVT though.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Focal Point would like to wish all our muslim customers, supporters and loyalists SELAMAT HARI RAYA AIDILFITRI. Drive safely. Share your love and kindness everywhere. Have a good celebration. Thank you for the solid support. Cheers!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience