Lancer CVT with Supercharger

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Did anyone read the link or not? You see the dyno chart below, his torque from 168lbft went down to 109lbft but the power increase is from 105whp went up to 178whp.

I guess the tuner lower down the torque to gain more HP. :hmmmm:

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Did anyone read the link or not? You see the dyno chart below, his torque from 168lbft went down to 109lbft but the power increase is from 105whp went up to 178whp.

My guess is the parasitic effect of supercharger at lower rpm. Some feedback that it will happen to supercharged engine because its belt driven operation or other stuffs that i don't really know how to explain :burnout:.

And also the first chart is torque and second chart is hp. By right it should've increased instead of decreasing ?

Last edited:

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
My guess is the parasitic effect of supercharger at lower rpm. Some feedback that it will happen to supercharged engine because its belt driven operation or other stuffs that i don't really know how to explain :burnout:.

And also the first chart is torque and second chart is hp. By right it should've increased instead of decreasing ?
if like that meaning the bottom torque line is the final run result? that line looks like no boost and very flat. :hmmmm::hmmmm:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Super charger even though belt driven improves both torque and power. Why install if you are losing torque.....lol
The idea of the Lancia Delta rally car having both super and turbo fitted is to get both low end and high end torque/power.....:driver:

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
if like that meaning the bottom torque line is the final run result? that line looks like no boost and very flat. :hmmmm::hmmmm:
Well logically, supercharged should make the engine more powerful :confused: I think they might messed up the charts. The blue line should be the results of supercharged.

Thanks,
Ken

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Well logically, supercharged should make the engine more powerful :confused: I think they might messed up the charts. The blue line should be the results of supercharged.

Thanks,
Ken
This makes me wonder as well coz when i check the specs on mitsubishi website, the Lancer EX torque is 20.1kgm at 4200rpm stock for the 2.0 (INVECS III 6spd CVT) and 15.7kgm at 4k rpm for the 1.6 (INVECS II 4 speed). His chart before the run (if we got it correctly) was around 15kgm, and after the run is 23.3kgm.

Or maye he did lose torque coz the tuner set it that way to save his CVT from blowing up? :hmmmm:

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
This makes me wonder as well coz when i check the specs on mitsubishi website, the Lancer EX torque is 20.1kgm at 4200rpm stock for the 2.0 (INVECS III 6spd CVT) and 15.7kgm at 4k rpm for the 1.6 (INVECS II 4 speed). His chart before the run (if we got it correctly) was around 15kgm, and after the run is 23.3kgm.

Or maye he did lose torque coz the tuner set it that way to save his CVT from blowing up? :hmmmm:
I think the blue lines are the correct illustration. Because the featured supercharged Lancer chunked out 180WHP within the write up, which is clearly stated in blue lines in the HP chart, therefore its' torque should be 180 lb-ft which is equal 24.9 kg/m, stock CVT box can withstand about 28 kg/m, the last i checked with Aussie Lancer group.

Thanks,
Ken

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

i suspect the ecu pull down the torque (like retarding ignition a lot) to reduce knocking from boosted air?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
If super charge, drop so much how to drive.......lol
the hp to torque reading oso a bit off. is it coz of the cvt? impossible right? :confused:

my bad....

i think dont look at the number colour... but look at the graph...

both higher reading torque and hp figure (blue graph line) should be the result with supercharger....

means stock torque should be the one with 109lbft number... not other way around...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys, as topic states my coilovers need a rebuild. So far only place that rebuilds hypermax 2 that I've been able to find is Garage R in Singapore.

Suggestions?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience