L2 / L5 Ecu mod- No Boost cut

masrun82

From Facebook
Dec 30, 2009
Where got rpm cut bro ... just speed cut ... potong the green wire going into the ecu and problemo solved ...

if u not confirmed thee green wire is speed cut..open u ecu and see wire(pin) labeled SPD...just cut it.

good lucky..

SYeNi69

Known Member
Jun 27, 2006
TTDI KL
u cant rev over rpm 8.5k rite? that is the rpm cut
bro .. who the hell drives a kancil and pulls it all the way to 8.5k rpm ??? u think vtec aa ?? ive been there once and never did it again till then ... no rev cut lor ...

Here's a word of advise ... last time when i was playing kancil ... guess what happens if u over rev and go to 9k rpm ?? It happen to a friend who put in some serios high deg. cams from matspeed ...
- rocker arm patah and guess what the cams patah 2 ...
- con rod also snap ...

:rofl:

monster111

Known Member
Dec 3, 2003
bro .. who the hell drives a kancil and pulls it all the way to 8.5k rpm ??? u think vtec aa ?? ive been there once and never did it again till then ... no rev cut lor ...

Here's a word of advise ... last time when i was playing kancil ... guess what happens if u over rev and go to 9k rpm ?? It happen to a friend who put in some serios high deg. cams from matspeed ...
- con rod also snap ...

lol

nowadays all the kancil also pull damn high one..tebo too big mah...got cut at 8.5 for stock l2..

masrun82

From Facebook
Dec 30, 2009

- con rod also snap ...

ahhhhhh...my kancil over 12k rpm......no cut rev....i will post my meter video if u can believe..ahaha

SYeNi69

Known Member
Jun 27, 2006
TTDI KL
ahhhhhh...my kancil over 12k rpm......no cut rev....i will post my meter video if u can believe..ahaha
yalor i can also rev higher .. esp if u use meter or some stupid gauge that is not for 3 piston ... of course la can rev 12k ... :thefinger:

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

lol

nowadays all the kancil also pull damn high one..tebo too big mah...got cut at 8.5 for stock l2..
yes damn high ?? but at what cost ?? and how high ??

tebo big yes la ... i think u've seen a pic of my car and siput babi in another post ... but i've never gone past 8k during drag .. neither have my friends ... :driver: maybe 1 or 2 la .. but then engine lifespan ?? :driver:

Last edited:

Turboyaki

Oct 31, 2009
Kota Kinabalu
orr theres another way .. by changing to larger injectors and going negative on ur SAFC ... worked for me all the way till 2.7bar ...

same concept as Etech mentioned but then there is a limit to the one he mentioned ... because this method basically cheats the ECU to think that u have never reached 1.0bar to trigger the boost cut ... maybe its reading 0.9bar all the way but then u are probably boosting up to 1.5bar ...

Bare in mind that ur fueling is not correct and may lead to piston berlubang and all if u boost high ... because the fueling is for maybe 0.9bar ... safe if gonna go below 1.3 bar ... ive tested it ...

safe method would be larger injectors ... safc 5 button / 1 & 2 only doesn't work with neo ... fuel reg and tune ur safc to be negative ... stock L2 engine with proper fueling can go all the way till 1.8bar :nurse:

p.s. if wanna remove speedcut just cut the green wire going into ECU .. settle problem ... no rev cut on L2 ... pros - can reach 180kmh++ easily ... cons - sumtimes ur power steering goes haywire ... depends actually ...

gud Luck Happy moddin ... :biggrin:
u r right bro..i tried for 1 bar..after few days..my piston cracked..i guess mostly due to insufficient fueling and my turbo's spring seems like not in good condition..boost lari lari....:rolleyes:

i got SAFC but haven't install it coz going to convert from auto to manual..so plan after convert oni install the AFC..but haven't manage to convert,piston cracked d..haha:biggrin:

SYeNi69

Known Member
Jun 27, 2006
TTDI KL
u r right bro..i tried for 1 bar..after few days..my piston cracked..i guess mostly due to insufficient fueling and my turbo's spring seems like not in good condition..boost lari lari....:rolleyes:

i got SAFC but haven't install it coz going to convert from auto to manual..so plan after convert oni install the AFC..but haven't manage to convert,piston cracked d..haha:biggrin:
apa lagi ... rebore and put bigger piston laa ... :rofl:

like i said earlier .. it cheats the ECU ... if ur lucky(depending on the diod used) the ECU thinks ur boostin at 0.9 bar when u are actually doing 1-1.5bar ... but if unlucky because use different diod to cheat ECU ... The ECU thinks ur boostin 0.5 , and u wacking 1.3bar ... kabooommm ... :nurse::nurse::nurse:

Turboyaki

Oct 31, 2009
Kota Kinabalu
apa lagi ... rebore and put bigger piston laa ... :rofl:

like i said earlier .. it cheats the ECU ... if ur lucky(depending on the diod used) the ECU thinks ur boostin at 0.9 bar when u are actually doing 1-1.5bar ... but if unlucky because use different diod to cheat ECU ... The ECU thinks ur boostin 0.5 , and u wacking 1.3bar ... kabooommm ... :nurse::nurse::nurse:
haha....dah endorse enjin..cant rebore..rugi je endorse nnt..:rolleyes:

i guess the value of the diode plays a part in determining amount of fuel set by the ECU..

btw,now customizing CT9's leg to fit into my l2s...hehe:biggrin:

but the foreman let me waiting so long..reli hope can complete full modification ASAP!:rolleyes:

SYeNi69

Known Member
Jun 27, 2006
TTDI KL
errkkk why cannot rebore ?? dah endorse ?? if endorse then better la ... what does rebore have to do with engine no. ??? hehehehe :rofl:

correct about the value of diode ... :wavey:

bro throw away the CT9 and dump in TD04-09 ... u will regret putting in CT9 ... i can bet on this if u want ... :biggrin:

Turboyaki

Oct 31, 2009
Kota Kinabalu
i tot if rebore n put bigger piston will change the cc of the engine? cc changed,nid re-endorse...correct me if i'm wrong bout tis..:confused:

have to learn the relation between diode value then..:rofl:

TD04 in 660 will result turbo lag..weak in starting but syiok at high speed..TD04 use small intercooler later panas..big intercooler nid potong bumper,sayang la pulak..haha

plus..CT9 tu dpt free..so y not just use it?:biggrin:

SYeNi69

Known Member
Jun 27, 2006
TTDI KL
i tot if rebore n put bigger piston will change the cc of the engine? cc changed,nid re-endorse...correct me if i'm wrong bout tis..:confused:

have to learn the relation between diode value then..:rofl:

TD04 in 660 will result turbo lag..weak in starting but syiok at high speed..TD04 use small intercooler later panas..big intercooler nid potong bumper,sayang la pulak..haha

plus..CT9 tu dpt free..so y not just use it?:biggrin:
no need re-endorse laaa ... :rofl: where u get this info ... hahaha ... :rofl:

TD04 have lots of types .. i'm not telling u to put TD04 from GSR or WRX ... i'm telling u to put TD04-09 from pajero diesel ... its very small and the best bang for buck for stock L2 with minimal lag ...

where else CT9 is too big for stock L2 ... tryla if u dont believe ... :wavey:

here's some forums to help u out or to help u make u throw away ur CT9 ...

www.compactmotorsports.com.my

www.kcarife.com

Turboyaki

Oct 31, 2009
Kota Kinabalu
no need re-endorse ka? haha..my mistake then..:rofl:

thanks for the turbo info..but will use CT9 1st..since no budget to get better turbo yet..mayb in the future will get 1..:biggrin:

btw,how bout RHB32?

davidyang85

Known Member
May 2, 2006
bro e-tech how about L9?? Jbdet. how to remove the boost cut coz at 1.1 bar it choked coz cut d.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

.. well, i've been reading a lot of good stuff about JFA with regards to this custom exhausts systems that he have been selling. i know if you want good and high quality stuffs, you have to fork out quite a bit of cash..which i wouldn't mind. however just want to know whether his prices are reasonable for the quality of things that you're buying from him or are we getting it with a premium since he is rather famous within the modding circle. it would be nice if some people could share their...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience