Kia Spectra LS

Jun 27, 2021
I have Kia Spectra LS 2003 model , and I need a good engine replacement for more than 1.6cc engine.
Which is the suitable and not many modifications required.
Please give some info.
Thank you.

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
Hi Mohan, the Kia Spectra uses the mazda B series engine. Im not entirely familiar with the configuration but back in the days a number of em converted these to the B6T or even the B8T or B8Na. assuming your goal is not to be making tons of power but to be comfortable for daily use, you may want to look into the B8Na. Having driven a ford lazer that comes equiped with that engine, i can say it was a very comfortable engine to have for daily use. nice amount of low end torque. Do note, these engines are old, i dont even know if theres any still available around. your best best is to look around the fb pages for the mazda ford boys. i just did a quick search on fb and saw a guy sold of the B8 Na engine, gearbox, ecu n wiring for RM2800. All the best.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
wow.. never seen anyone keep a Kia that long to warrant an engine swap before. haha
I think for some no choice, I kept my Sonata III so loooooooooooong also.....haha
Mine can actually swap the 4G63T in, since this Hyundai uses Mitsu engine.... :driver:

Last edited:

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
yea the early gen hyundai used mitsu engines.. some of the later models used so called hyundai engines, sirus G4 something were still the 4g63. The Kia optima of the same years were technically the same as the sonata and the 4g63 would fit. Not sure why with the sephia n spectra they used mazda engines when mitsu also had 1.6 in their line up

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
yea the early gen hyundai used mitsu engines.. some of the later models used so called hyundai engines, sirus G4 something were still the 4g63. The Kia optima of the same years were technically the same as the sonata and the 4g63 would fit. Not sure why with the sephia n spectra they used mazda engines when mitsu also had 1.6 in their line up
Maybe talk failed, like our 1.8 Waja use Renault.......lol

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
hahahahaha, proton some reason had a secret love affair with the french. tiara failed, then they make a tiara replacement with renault engine? adoi.. takan the plan was to replicate the failure too. hahahah. in all honesty my dad owned the 1.8 waja, it was a pretty decent car for what it was. he however didnt have it for long and got a perdana later on.

Mohan@kia

Jun 27, 2021
Hi Mohan, the Kia Spectra uses the mazda B series engine. Im not entirely familiar with the configuration but back in the days a number of em converted these to the B6T or even the B8T or B8Na. assuming your goal is not to be making tons of power but to be comfortable for daily use, you may want to look into the B8Na. Having driven a ford lazer that comes equiped with that engine, i can say it was a very comfortable engine to have for daily use. nice amount of low end torque. Do note, these engines are old, i dont even know if theres any still available around. your best best is to look around the fb pages for the mazda ford boys. i just did a quick search on fb and saw a guy sold of the B8 Na engine, gearbox, ecu n wiring for RM2800. All the best.
Thank you.
I have search for it but could not find it.
Where else I may get the engine.
I keep.this car because of it body are good and strong.
This is my anniversary car on my marriage.
Wanna keep and upgrade it .

Reactions: xtremeleo

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Thank you.
I google 'Kia Spectra modified' and a yt video comes out as one of the result with the owner changing the engine with a Toyota Blacktop. Its possible then but maybe not as easy as getting a Mazda engine.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I google 'Kia Spectra modified' and a yt video comes out as one of the result with the owner changing the engine with a Toyota Blacktop. Its possible then but maybe not as easy as getting a Mazda engine.
Sorry, what i mean is that transplanting a blacktop into the Kia might not be as easy as transplanting a Mazda engine which is related to the Kia engine.

Reactions: Izso

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
Thank you.
Log masuk ke Facebook entire nose cut

Log masuk ke Facebook this one engine kosong but he seemslike he may have the entire thing.

join in the fb groups for the mazda or ford b8 guys will make it easier sourcing this engine. but again remember the engines are old.. bits for it may be hard to find later on when you do need to replace stuff.

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
another one Log masuk ke Facebook..

but to be honest i'f it was me, it rather check out the complete halfcut ones.. chances are the engine will be in better shape n less fukery goin on with the wiring

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Wholesale price 100% guaranteed lowest Price with free shipping.shop today.
visit our website to shop.Need assistance? contact us by phone or email

Shipping Information & Methods:

We does not ship on national holiday delivery services. The shipping company is selected based on your requested shipping method and we are not able to select a specific shipping method that you request. We emphasize to choose the best shipping company for the fastest delivery method to your address

This...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience