Keeping The Lancer GT or Audi A6 2.0T

• Total voters

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Dear All,

I'm currently driving and semi-owning a Mitsubishi Lancer 2.0GT since 2009 and had put 250k km's on this little fighter. It's used to be my dad's spare car and from its acquisition until now, i am the sole driver of this vehicle. I'd literally survived 2 times heavy crash in this car, luckily 2 crashes doesn't involve another cars as the happening is due to my mishandling of the car when cornering (i'd oversteered TWICE in a freaking FWD). Long story short, the car has lots of history with me throughout my youth and growing up. All maintenance and mods. i'd spent about 12k on it already and i can say the drivetrain is in perfect shape except for cosmetics, i am too lazy to make them in perfect look.

Now I was offered by my dad to return the Lancer to him and hand me over an Audi A6 C6, 2007 version with 136k kms. The car is rarely travel outstations and only used to go in KL or Ipoh once in a year. It's been with us for 12 years now and the car's condition is equally good as Lancer, except the looks of the car looks much better due to its rarity of going out. Car has not seen any serious maintenance issues besides changing the electric water pump which cost us MYR 1,500 smackers. Other wear and tear is almost similar to Lancer, except some engine parts which i still haven't discover. No dread oil leaks issue like some Euro cars are notoriously known of.

Honestly speaking, i think i am too emotional attached to my Lancer, felt very hard to let it go. So if you guys are in my shoe, what would you choose?

Thanks,
Ken

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
My answer :Audi.
On another note, you are one lucky guy to be in such a dilemma like this.
Yes i think so too, but i am not putting here to show off, because i put too much money on my Lancer to its state today, it even has a racing aluminium radiator installed recently and other goodies are ready for high power N/A mods. List of mods i have done to it for the past 10 years:

1.) GAB SE 16 steps Hilo Soft Hard Coilovers
2.) Everco custom tuned length SS header
3.) Custom mid mufller
4.) Sebring bullet resonator
5.) TM Works Ignition VSD
6.) D1 spec throttle controller
7.) Nissan Skyline R33 front 4 pots caliper with 330mm Brembo Disc
8.) Ultra Racing Sway Bar
9.) Synergy Evo X spec aluminium racing radiator
10.) Hayden CVTF cooler
11.) 4G69 Throttle Body

***Planned Mods***
4B12 engine transplant, 4B11T Intake Manifold, Unichip fine tuning with custom 5 different mappings

These mods are done by my own hard earn cash and time and also years of mistakes. Reallllyyy hard to let all these efforts go.

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Dear All,

I'm currently driving and semi-owning a Mitsubishi Lancer 2.0GT since 2009 and had put 250k km's on this little fighter. It's used to be my dad's spare car and from its acquisition until now, i am the sole driver of this vehicle. I'd literally survived 2 times heavy crash in this car, luckily 2 crashes doesn't involve another cars as the happening is due to my mishandling of the car when cornering (i'd oversteered TWICE in a freaking FWD). Long story short, the car has lots of history with me throughout my youth and growing up. All maintenance and mods. i'd spent about 12k on it already and i can say the drivetrain is in perfect shape except for cosmetics, i am too lazy to make them in perfect look.

Now I was offered by my dad to return the Lancer to him and hand me over an Audi A6 C6, 2007 version with 136k kms. The car is rarely travel outstations and only used to go in KL or Ipoh once in a year. It's been with us for 12 years now and the car's condition is equally good as Lancer, except the looks of the car looks much better due to its rarity of going out. Car has not seen any serious maintenance issues besides changing the electric water pump which cost us MYR 1,500 smackers. Other wear and tear is almost similar to Lancer, except some engine parts which i still haven't discover. No dread oil leaks issue like some Euro cars are notoriously known of.

Honestly speaking, i think i am too emotional attached to my Lancer, felt very hard to let it go. So if you guys are in my shoe, what would you choose?

Thanks,
Ken
I'd keep the Lancer. It'll be cheaper to maintain over the long term. Any audi unless you know where to look will be crazy expensive to maintain. But saying that I'm pretty confident the Audi will be a better drive.

I guess it depends on what it is you want. But since it's your dad, might want to talk to him about what he wants too. Perhaps trade in the Audi for something he needs?

alcyon

500 RPM

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Yes i think so too, but i am not putting here to show off, because i put too much money on my Lancer to its state today, it even has a racing aluminium radiator installed recently and other goodies are ready for high power N/A mods. List of mods i have done to it for the past 10 years:

1.) GAB SE 16 steps Hilo Soft Hard Coilovers
2.) Everco custom tuned length SS header
3.) Custom mid mufller
4.) Sebring bullet resonator
5.) TM Works Ignition VSD
6.) D1 spec throttle controller
7.) Nissan Skyline R33 front 4 pots caliper with 330mm Brembo Disc
8.) Ultra Racing Sway Bar
9.) Synergy Evo X spec aluminium racing radiator
10.) Hayden CVTF cooler
11.) 4G69 Throttle Body

***Planned Mods***
4B12 engine transplant, 4B11T Intake Manifold, Unichip find tuning with custom 5 different mappings

These mods are done by my own hard earn cash and time and also years of mistakes. Reallllyyy hard to let all these efforts go.
Putting all those mods aside, ask yourself, why is your dad offering this option to you?
My guess would be he is looking out for you, he figured out that since he is old , he doesn't need the lower mileage car, and he can take high mileage car off your hands and help you with something newer and in arguably better condition. Perhaps he also knows about your mishaps in the lancer and he wants you to have something you wont get in trouble with, perhaps drive more "responsibly" with.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
I'd keep the Lancer. It'll be cheaper to maintain over the long term. Any audi unless you know where to look will be crazy expensive to maintain. But saying that I'm pretty confident the Audi will be a better drive.

I guess it depends on what it is you want. But since it's your dad, might want to talk to him about what he wants too. Perhaps trade in the Audi for something he needs?
Well of course we did talk about this, he wants to sell one of these 2 car because being oldest cars in the fleet, and tax reduction purpose, use the company's name to buy another asset so can get some tax relief. Furthermore, Lancer can fetch higher value when sell it off to any channels, adding on, Lancer appeals to a lot more markets compared to Audi. Audi can only sell directly to specific customers who has experiences and finances to maintain it.

Last edited:

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Putting all those mods aside, ask yourself, why is your dad offering this option to you?
My guess would be he is looking out for you, he figured out that since he is old , he doesn't need the lower mileage car, and he can take high mileage car off your hands and help you with something newer and in arguably better condition. Perhaps he also knows about your mishaps in the lancer and he wants you to have something you wont get in trouble with, perhaps drive more "responsibly" with.
He is in his mid 50's while i am in my early 30's so we are both pretty young :biggrin:

As i told Izso, he wants to reduce one car in his fleet so he can get a new one for tax reductions, or may be also like you said, helping me out a little. Audi is a much faster car, so i don't see how it can prevents me from getting into trouble ? I'm currently dailying a 318Ci with 1JZ, i don't know how the idea of drive with more responsibly gets to you haha.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
To me, the fear of spending money on accident repairs is enough to scare me off hooning.
Honestly no one is crazy enough to hoon everyday, i think i'd seen more slow and steady drivers got into trouble more nowadays.

alcyon

500 RPM

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Honestly no one is crazy enough to hoon everyday, i think i'd seen more slow and steady drivers got into trouble more nowadays.
Err, one dont have to hoon everyday to get in trouble, I think you will know better since you got into major trouble at least twice. I always never push beyond what I feel is within limits, which by my record, must way below yours.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Err, one dont have to hoon everyday to get in trouble, I think you will know better since you got into major trouble at least twice. I always never push beyond what I feel is within limits, which by my record, must way below yours.
Probably just go back to the topic shall we ? Skidded and crashed twice and my car still in rattle free running condition. I'd learn alot from this vehicle.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
you already have one toy car, one reliable cheap to maintain daily driver is a good idea especially if there are big bills coming for the audi, i would keep the lancer. its just easier to deal with

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Very good dad.

Anyway if I were you, I'd probably get rid off the Lancer because I don't prefer keeping cars already involved in heavy accidents but that's just my personal preference. At the back of my mind I just feel the car is already like 'cacat'. My suggestion maybe try swap with the Audi then see how it goes. If things get out of hands then maybe ask back your dad to swap again? Lol. Or you mention that tk your dad and see if he's ok with that plan.

Btw does your dad know you have done those mods on the Lancer?

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Very good dad.

Anyway if I were you, I'd probably get rid off the Lancer because I don't prefer keeping cars already involved in heavy accidents but that's just my personal preference. At the back of my mind I just feel the car is already like 'cacat'. My suggestion maybe try swap with the Audi then see how it goes. If things get out of hands then maybe ask back your dad to swap again? Lol. Or you mention that tk your dad and see if he's ok with that plan.

Btw does your dad know you have done those mods on the Lancer?
Actually those heavy accidents are just dented fender flare and light door damage. Both incidents were fixed under 2k. My undercarriage and chassis were never hurt. I already swapped the Audi for few days to see i can live with it or not. I will commit if i make up my mind, no half ass decision midway haha

oh yes he knew of those mods, he praised the responsiveness of the engine as he wanted a throttle controller as well.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
For me, I will sell the Audi. Through the years I have seen many friends owning various type of vehicles. Conti when old, expensive to maintain....lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys...anyone would like to comment on HID or Halogen bulbs???

WHY USE HID??HAVE A LOOK BELOW:

Halogen Output

White HID Output

Blue HID Output

Purple HID Output
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience