Karamjit Singh - The Forgotten Treasure

recca_act

May 17, 2007
i'm not sure bout u guyz.. but i find it rather stupid of m'sian govt... and involving private sectors.

Yes.. no doubt that F1 is a more popular sports than rally.. but he's a well established and known driver.... than some rookie, and worthless_attempt_to_be_1st_M'sian_F1_drivers.....

it is sad to see Karamjit going thru such difficulties and having need to just.. let go .. just like that... itz fucked up man..

i guess itz all about $$ ... damn those fools...
He's the best in the country and yet the government is not lending a hand, it's just frustrating, what the hell r they thinking

alexz

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
He is 45 years old, and for me i think he needs to pass his knowledge to younger generations. As for sponsorship, to get, you need to give... I think the money is there, all he needs is to ask and show that the sponsorship is a win-win situation for all. If he thinks the money is supposed to be handed to him in a silver platter, then, he wont be able to get it.

Last edited:

blackend

Known Member
Aug 5, 2008
Johore,
birocracy and double standard make karamjit singh missing from our motorsports..

luqae

Known Member
Dec 4, 2008
MALAYSIA have to amazing rally driver karamjit and saladin, but both of them have not been given any recognition as our govermnet are all blind.

blackend

Known Member
Aug 5, 2008
Johore,
probably this sport not popular among the other sport in our country..that is the our government thinking...

luqae

Known Member
Dec 4, 2008
probably this sport not popular among the other sport in our country..that is the our government thinking...
Blackend,i have to correct u there, our gov dont care about what its ppl want, what they like, what sports shud they support,they only think about what they like things that will bring money they dont care if the rakyat like it or not, for example tell me who the hell plays the monsoon cup?is there any team from malaysia?i mean purely malaysian??if im not mistaken there's none!!!(correct me if im wrong) whatever it is,its not a sport that all malaysian can afford or are interested in...The only reason rallying are not popular is because our gov are not supporting it, our media are more interested in gossips and waste of time stuff,thats y its hard to get sponsors.

I know a lot of malaysian love rallying and racing,just look around u when ur on highways or street, all those wannabe street racers,modders ,car forums,car clubs are popping up like mushroom after rain(direct translation). malaysia have a lot of talent in driving,just look at our current race driver karam pwrc champion,saladin when he was in his subaru he dominate china,indonesia,thailand, yr 2005-2007(correct me if im wrong), look at fadzil alang the r3 driver(i know he won a lot of champonship), Tengku Djan (drifting and there's a lot more i bet),Fairuz Fauzy A1,Alex yoong,and many more unknown driver.

All make our country proud, alot of them use their own money to finance their race,to make sure they can bring malaysia to the world stage but what to they get??not even recognition from our country and media...they have produce promising result and some have prove they are the best but instead our gov keep on financing unpromising sports e.g football and alot more.

so i hope 1 day our gov realize the true assets of this country.Open ur eyes malaysia gov!!:adore::adore::adore: owh and im pissed offf grrrrr:banghead::banghead:

luqae

Known Member
Dec 4, 2008
just thought of correcting u,i dont theres r3, its only call the neo super 2000

Kafer

Feb 21, 2006
He is 45 years old, and for me i think he needs to pass his knowledge to younger generations. As for sponsorship, to get, you need to give... I think the money is there, all he needs is to ask and show that the sponsorship is a win-win situation for all. If he thinks the money is supposed to be handed to him in a silver platter, then, he wont be able to get it.
I dont think age is an issue here.....it just that there is no one better than this 45 year old racer...its as simple as that....the stupid gomen only thinks in the line of race(bangsa), religion and what not...look what happened to Team Petronas Sprinta TVK. TVK stands for Tong Veng Kit. He died in a freak road accident very unfortunately. And the team despite being managed by his fiancee did not get anymore support from not only the gomen but also this racist oil company. So close shops la...same with Karam, he will get all the support needed if he changes his name to something suitable for this gomen then all support will come flowing in...but Karam wont do that.

Perhaps rallying is not a big sport in bolehland but its not the case elsewhere...here the gomen and the cronies only go after glamour sport but that also cannot perform and produce world champions despite huge money being dumped in....all masuk poket and the rest just trickle down..not worth my time commenting about motorsports/sports in this country la...just wasting my time...in the mean time I shall take some interest in F1 once again where Shummy will race again...despite only for a short while until Massa returns...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
back then during 80's and 90's rally was considered as major motorsports in malaysia with shell,petronas and proton including pert,uspd as well as many privateers plays along well with media especially The Sun newspaper...giving full support with full rally coverage (*means:schedule,route map,everything for rally events)....even tv3 was giving their best....(at that moment tv3 was still new and not biased to any scope/even for "kenamaan" people only)

-even in 96 there was trial Rally Of Malaysia (asia pacific) with star driver came such as late colin mcrae,late possum bourne,k.taguchi,hillclimb monster and many more.....

but since after that year a lot of incident happens thus dream to see wrc circus came to malaysia was gone.....

and so along with the joy Rally of malaysia....

-later there was tarmac rally sponsored by silverstone...but after a few years..gone missing...lack of publicity...

and new generation now only can enjoy hard to come by felda rally.....and i saw very little publicity given....and not impossible to die a few years later..... :bawling:

and "karam" is a good driver if given any car that he familiar with...(that is turbocharged 4wd car with dog-box)<<as u can see all of PERT car based on this criteria...but when new generation car such as s2000 neo with n/a engine and sequential gb...narrow powerband require a lot of gearchanges...maybe he still learning and looking for his rhythm....or not fit enough......maybe if he was given a better training and time with that s2000 neo he will shine....

but now...that car.....raced by int. duo.....i would love to see 3rd driver for karam himself in IRC... :burnout:

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
wah...this thread very old liau...lucky u bring it back up Pomen...

i still enjoy watching rallies. but nowadays only place can catch any updates is on youtube...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
wah...this thread very old liau...lucky u bring it back up Pomen...

i still enjoy watching rallies. but nowadays only place can catch any updates is on youtube...
its sad to see rallying segment quite slow....huhuhu.... :adore:

-yup..easiest place is youtube...

but sometimes take note on astro sports channel....last year i was eager to see neo S2000 on the run in IRC..... :love:

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Astro oso not so reliable...the show times sometimes dun make sense. last time back when they were showing WRC regularly...the show times keep changing...in the end, i watch from youtube only...

my personal opinion is rally is way more interesting than F1...the in car video rawks! if i were in the car sure vomit aredy lol

the speeds which they take corners unbelievable...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
hopefully rally community in malaysia still holding strong....

supports such as MRU motorsports,

GSR team

P2-felda team

etc etc... :adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

Im looking at the rota ce28 16" 8j ET20 (Deep concave) at the moment. The reason why i choose 16" its not too big neither small. My bigger concerns are,

1) does 8j rim clear my turning radius?
2) Will ET20 make the rims to come out of fender( front) and body (rear)?

I have not gone to the rims shop to do any fittings, just before i can do that, i would like to be sure of what i can and cant. your suggestions and comments in this is highly appreciated. Thanks allot
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience