K&N Air filter wash

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
Is there any workshop around Subang/Sunway area, that provide this cleaning services? Prefer these two areas, or PJ.

Thanks. :cool:

partyJOE

2,000 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
off topic

its always best to wash it DIY...
cos the filter has 2 b left to dry by itself.... not by using airguns...
this may damage the filters....
it takes a few hours for it dry by itself...
i wash them myself n let it dry overnigth....
then apply the filter oil n plug it back...

just my 2 cents

Last edited:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
theorekz said:
skywalker bro... dont send to CK to wash.. They charged very expensive... Go buy ur own K&N washing kit... Only around RM50... Can wash so many times le..
hehee
i dunno how to DIY wash leh... haha...
anyway, my filter still clean la... still got many oil.. haha... later dirty only think about it la...:regular_smile:

theorekz

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
hiztorikal.c.t.
Visit site
Haha.. I also dont know how to wash 1 last time.. Learn from the manual provided inside lor.. hehe... If u want to buy the cleaning kit.. Also dont go CK buy... They selling it around RM70... Holy expensive........... There's a shop opposite brother's named auto paradise... Go there buy.. I bought mine from there....

davidchen27

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
wah.. didnt know that speedworks actually do provide the cleaning service.. so how long do they take leh? coz we needa let the filter to dry before applyng the oil ma.. i bought my cleaner and oil from an accessories shop about 50 also la.. that was few years back..

davidchen27

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
anyway simplythebest, washing ur filter is not hard la.. just refer the manual given in the package box loh.. cheers..

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
Well, i know is not that hard too seeing the instructions given. :cool:

Dudes, i just check the manual instructions, it stated clearly that I need to get the Air filter cleaner and Aerosol oil (Spray and Squeeze, comes in package 2 in 1?), anything else?

Please refer to the link below:

http://www.knfilters.com/clningacc.htm

davidchen27

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
hi there.. usually u would get both the cleaner and aerosol oil in one package.. well, it also hafta depends where u get it loh.. some places do sell it separately.. of course, if u buy separately, the individual bottles will be bigger than the one in package.. probably u can try calling speedwork loh.. no doubt they are selling more expensive lo.. i got mine in Hup Hock old klang road.. there are two outlets, NOT the one after taman desa on the way to mid valley.. but the one after brothers loh..

AJ6677

500 RPM
Aug 12, 2005
Melawati
maybe i wanna DIY...can anyone here help me how to do it? use airgun or use water? when to apply the oil? thanx...

davidchen27

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
hey AJ6677, never ever use airgun to clean ur filter.. u ll just damage it.. therefore, it s advisble to use just normal running water to rinse it after pre-clean it with the K&N filter cleaner... also, u only apply the oil after the filter has been completely dry under hot sun.. DO NOT EVER use hair dryer or stuff, otherwise u might just damage it as well.. hope it answers ur queries.. cheers!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello everyone! :itsme:

I am new in modifications and i am planning to modify my new 2010 T.vios. Can any of the Shop owners or anyone out there send me some nice design and location of your shop? I would love to pay a visit to your place to check out all the design you have, of course if possible i would prefer to see it(design) online first. Thank you very much in advance, :biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience