JGTC 2004 in Sepang Coverage: Race Queens

CarismaGT

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Penang
Visit site
Originally posted by ac98@Jun 24 2004, 10:53 AM
sgfan - Yes, you can achieve a huge amount of photos if you're using a 2.0 Megapixel, plus, Canon are not so power consuming as others, IF you charge the batts properly-lah.

V-Spec - I assume you saw my photographer friend from Japan? The guy with the stepladder, hehe ... later he tied it to Xanavi's Paddock :huh:

Carisma - Aikss, since when Allan turn photographer assistant? :blink:
thats y ler... V-Spec got the wrong guy liao ler hehehe

this is Allan... the guy in blue...

sgfan

May 14, 2004
wah.. so media pass is different from the pit suite pass? no wonder i never got access to those places.

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
I was just joking only la.....

ac98

Known Member
Dec 9, 2003
Selangor
Originally posted by sgfan@Jun 24 2004, 01:36 PM
wah.. so media pass is different from the pit suite pass? no wonder i never got access to those places.
... and the Pit Suite pass is only RM1000 for 2 Days : Free food and drinks, and I got my Parking Sticker FOC also, hehe ... join us-lah next year. Oh, stay in Pan Pac, so you'll get to see the racequeens, day AND night!

sgfan

May 14, 2004
You've got to be kidding. The panpac is around 500RM a night. Plus the taxi drivers there will charge you ridiculous airport rates. I was quoted 70 RM from KLIA to Sepang during my trip. I managed to knock it down to 30RM, whcih I still think is quite high.

Well, time to start planning for next year.

ac98

Known Member
Dec 9, 2003
Selangor
Originally posted by sgfan@Jun 24 2004, 08:06 PM
You've got to be kidding. The panpac is around 500RM a night. Plus the taxi drivers there will charge you ridiculous airport rates. I was quoted 70 RM from KLIA to Sepang during my trip. I managed to knock it down to 30RM, whcih I still think is quite high.

Well, time to start planning for next year.
No I am not kidding <_<

It was only RM700+ for 2 nights (no breakfast), not really expensive considering it was a peak period and other 'advantages' as well :rolleyes:

The trip from Pan Pac to SIC was only RM30, as long as you dun take the hotel limo-lah of course. And I am talking RM30 per car, not person. There were 3 of us, me and 2 other overseas friends of mine.

sgfan

May 14, 2004
I shared a cab with these 2 Japanese women whom the taxi driver tried to rip off. We were going to the circuit from KLIA. He told them it was 35RM per person, and they paid. As for me, I insisted that I only pay 25 RM.

Next year, once I know the correct prices for everything, with the amount I save, I might be able to afford to stay in panpac. This year, I stayed at Concorde Inn, 255 RM for 1 night!!

ac98

Known Member
Dec 9, 2003
Selangor
Originally posted by sgfan@Jun 24 2004, 10:08 PM
I shared a cab with these 2 Japanese women whom the taxi driver tried to rip off. We were going to the circuit from KLIA. He told them it was 35RM per person, and they paid. As for me, I insisted that I only pay 25 RM.

Next year, once I know the correct prices for everything, with the amount I save, I might be able to afford to stay in panpac. This year, I stayed at Concorde Inn, 255 RM for 1 night!!
sgfan - Next year we all make a collective booking at Pan Pac-lah :rolleyes: By the way, RM35 per person is a real rip-off. I told the cabbie, he can either take my RM30 for all 3 of us, or I won't hesitate to take the hotel limo for RM80 per car! They always think that THEY are the only ones patroling the area and taking foreigners for dummies ...

sgfan

May 14, 2004
True, true. On the qualifying day I was quite desperate though.. it was late and dark and only 1 taxi was left with no taxi stand anywhere. I think he knew I was quite anxious to get the last cab, so he was quite firm about his price.

Well, we'll see next year. I think I'll consider staying at the pan pac, since it's just a bit more RM than the 3-star concorde inn I stayed at this time.

ac98

Known Member
Dec 9, 2003
Selangor
Originally posted by sgfan@Jun 25 2004, 01:41 PM
True, true. On the qualifying day I was quite desperate though.. it was late and dark and only 1 taxi was left with no taxi stand anywhere. I think he knew I was quite anxious to get the last cab, so he was quite firm about his price.

Well, we'll see next year. I think I'll consider staying at the pan pac, since it's just a bit more RM than the 3-star concorde inn I stayed at this time.
... and ALL the Racequeens were at Pan Pac, not Concorde :P

ac98

Known Member
Dec 9, 2003
Selangor
Originally posted by szekeiemme@Jun 25 2004, 05:50 PM
alanphang.. u work as wut oh??? i very interested la..
szekeimme ... why dun you start up Photography. With that, you not only able to get to know VIPs and attend important events, you also get to know local as well as foreign lengluis :P

sgfan

May 14, 2004
I'm into photography, but can't really say much about getting to know VIPs and all that. However, you'll find that if you go into serious photography, you'll learn a lot about composition and what makes a good photo, and your photos will go above the level of the typical "snap-shot" style. As for my trip to Sepang, the cloudy situation during that day prevented me from using a low f-stop, and I couldn't really get the blur background effect that are so popular in those japanese photobooks.

Hope to get a 50mm f1.8 lens for next year!

ac98

Known Member
Dec 9, 2003
Selangor
Originally posted by sgfan@Jun 26 2004, 05:04 PM
I'm into photography, but can't really say much about getting to know VIPs and all that. However, you'll find that if you go into serious photography, you'll learn a lot about composition and what makes a good photo, and your photos will go above the level of the typical "snap-shot" style. As for my trip to Sepang, the cloudy situation during that day prevented me from using a low f-stop, and I couldn't really get the blur background effect that are so popular in those japanese photobooks.

Hope to get a 50mm f1.8 lens for next year!
To get the blur background, there are a 2 aspects you need to know for the time being : The F-stop and the Focal Length ... a combination of both would be best. Even at 210mm, a F4.5 can give you a perfect blur backgroud (like what I am using) but beware, given the situation like the one we had (bad weather), make absolutely sure you have an external flash handy. I am talking about potraits or candids, not shots of passing cars.

With a 50mm F1.8 lens, you will encounter few problem (potential ones-lah) : You might be hampered by a fixed focal length and aperture, creating a need to change lens from time to time, and being caught during the Pit Walk jungling between lenses is a real hassle! My advice is to get a 28-200mm F3.5 or something simliar because they're more or less all rounder lenses : 28mm to cover tight spots or sweeping landscapes and 200mm when your favorite racequeen is more than 10' away and you NEED that blur background for that kick-in-the-@ss shot!

So much from me ... in the meantime, enjoy PHOTOGRAPHY!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ever wondered where retired race cars go? Nowhere actually, well some are sold and others are taken apart for show but the rest are tucked away neatly and wrapped up in a humidity controlled room. These rooms are off limits to regular people like you and I. But Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button are not regular people and the Mclaren duo got the rare opportunity to visit Mclaren's crypt, a placed where they...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience