Is it wise for me to buy these second hand cars?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
At least that's fixed and can be planned for.

If alternator breaks for one of the old used cars, or the distributor breaks, or lower arm bushes, or creaks and squeeks, or fuel pump failure, it's time and money wasted.

Unless you get a lemon new car - that's a different story
Lemon new car still got warranty, only waste time only......lol

Reactions: Izso

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Lemon new car still got warranty, only waste time only......lol
Thats wise haha, Lemon new car. Anyway more secure to go with Japs or Korean new car. With Japs, you get the reliability assurance, with Korean, the price tag packs with tonnes of electronic goodies, reliability is quite fair, as far as i observed my colleagues and friends who drive Korean's.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Thats wise haha, Lemon new car. Anyway more secure to go with Japs or Korean new car. With Japs, you get the reliability assurance, with Korean, the price tag packs with tonnes of electronic goodies, reliability is quite fair, as far as i observed my colleagues and friends who drive Korean's.
Even Toyota had their bad days... lemons exist everywhere bro

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Even Toyota had their bad days... lemons exist everywhere bro
Yes that's absolutely true, to be fair Toyota is still leading in terms of producing people's cars here in Malaysia. As far as i would chose to stay away from Toyota local models, i can't deny majority of those are very reliable vehicles for average people. Just that i hate some funny drivers like to drive Camry or Altis like some sorts of sports car.

Thanks,
Ken

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I have a Persona Elegance and at your price range, I think this is one of the best cars u can buy. But power lose to SEG la of course. Parts aplenty and cheap replacements. Big car, independent suspension at the back

Reactions: Izso

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
if u having single life... sell the car.. buy small bike to get you around faster and cheaper....

saves more money for more important things like house deposits and other properties... not car.... only buy car when u really-really need it (after marriage if spouse didnt have car already)..

not buying the car will give u alot more saving and more flexible cash to play around if needed

Reactions: 6UE5t and alcyon

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
if u having single life... sell the car.. buy small bike to get you around faster and cheaper....

saves more money for more important things like house deposits and other properties... not car.... only buy car when u really-really need it (after marriage if spouse didnt have car already)..

not buying the car will give u alot more saving and more flexible cash to play around if needed
not having a car - what you said is true. But the lack of transport is so inconvenient especially in my area where the bus comes like 3 times a day.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
not having a car - what you said is true. But the lack of transport is so inconvenient especially in my area where the bus comes like 3 times a day.

coz ts already said the car is rarely running (he is using other mode of transport) so that wasnt an issue... :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yah! if depends on public transport need to be in the correct area. My friend bought a new car, now change job, so car drive to LRT station only then park there whole day......lol

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Buy new Korean car, depreciation will be a lot.......lol

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Buy new Korean car, depreciation will be a lot.......lol

But the sentimental value kept TS from deciding.
For my case during your age, i keep on fixing old sentra until it give up serving me. But buy wira since wife get to drive new car.
All depend on your willingness. If you like to keep the car, fix it.
All car need fixing no matter used, new, used lemon, new lemon cars. Is matter u can absorb the cost.
Fixing old car is seasonal. If it plan to sick, it sick continuously. Early detection is your best bet.
How you go to work ? Motorcycle is good too as suggested. i ride motorbike too previously.

Reactions: alcyon

jon360x

Dec 27, 2018
But the sentimental value kept TS from deciding.
For my case during your age, i keep on fixing old sentra until it give up serving me. But buy wira since wife get to drive new car.
All depend on your willingness. If you like to keep the car, fix it.
All car need fixing no matter used, new, used lemon, new lemon cars. Is matter u can absorb the cost.
Fixing old car is seasonal. If it plan to sick, it sick continuously. Early detection is your best bet.
How you go to work ? Motorcycle is good too as suggested. i ride motorbike too previously.
I go to work via carpooling with my friend :biggrin:

I do use the car during weekend and such (when I need to fetch my mom our bring my mom out) because I love driving the car. Honestly I'm very comfortable driving this car and I've kinda fixed up alot. Car still currently runs fine but there was leaks everywhere and I've fixed almost all of it. Almost. Can say since last year after I started taking care of the car since my dad is no longer around. I've fixed :

1.Absorbers
2.Throttlebody -2nd hand
3. Service engine oil, coolant, and gearbox oil
4. Brakepads
5. Battery

1. Standard service oil and oilfiter
2. Waterpump changed due to leak
3. Still leaking so mechanic said it was water jacket so decided to lift the engine up and replace all of the water jackets
4. Thermostat - all parts
5. Radiator Serviced + new header
6. All radiator hoses changed
7. Gearbox oil sump and oil filter changed because it was leaking - gearbox no longer leaking after that solved.
9. Replaced gearbox oil after fixing leak
10. My aircon stopped working and it turned out to be a relay switch :laugh:

Now even with all those changed I finally found another component and most possibly the last component thats leaking coolant. Mechanic said its most likely a bad headgasket because he can see a very small leak coming from the engine block. The leak has been happening since last year ever since I took up the car (you could say the car was already a mess when I picked it up)

Now I would fix this car without any further thinking but after driving this car for awhile I can firmly say this car lacks power to go uphill on flyovers in the city and most cars will be tailgating/cucuk me from behind most of the time.

Thus the thought of wanting to get another car that has some sort of power and can be reliable. I thought about the corolla's reliability and how cheap the wira are with parts, not to mention I'm quite a fan of the 4AGE thus I opted for a 20v one. But I don't want to tie myself down with a loan for like 5 years or so buying a brand new car when its just going to be sitting in my garage sounds like a waste. I was thinking about replacing my weekend car haha.

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
cool down la... whatever car you drive sure another faster car will cucuk from behind... you've fixed a lot
seriously, want to get more power... get Wira and swap the engine. These two sifus @Izso and @vr2turbo can surely give some good advise :adore:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
cool down la... whatever car you drive sure another faster car will cucuk from behind... you've fixed a lot
seriously, want to get more power... get Wira and swap the engine. These two sifus @Izso and @vr2turbo can surely give some good advise :adore:
But swap also cost $$$ and have it's fair share of problems too......lol

Reactions: minibeany

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
I go to work via carpooling with my friend :biggrin:

I do use the car during weekend and such (when I need to fetch my mom our bring my mom out) because I love driving the car. Honestly I'm very comfortable driving this car and I've kinda fixed up alot. Car still currently runs fine but there was leaks everywhere and I've fixed almost all of it. Almost. Can say since last year after I started taking care of the car since my dad is no longer around. I've fixed :

1.Absorbers
2.Throttlebody -2nd hand
3. Service engine oil, coolant, and gearbox oil
4. Brakepads
5. Battery

1. Standard service oil and oilfiter
2. Waterpump changed due to leak
3. Still leaking so mechanic said it was water jacket so decided to lift the engine up and replace all of the water jackets
4. Thermostat - all parts
5. Radiator Serviced + new header
6. All radiator hoses changed
7. Gearbox oil sump and oil filter changed because it was leaking - gearbox no longer leaking after that solved.
9. Replaced gearbox oil after fixing leak
10. My aircon stopped working and it turned out to be a relay switch :laugh:

Now even with all those changed I finally found another component and most possibly the last component thats leaking coolant. Mechanic said its most likely a bad headgasket because he can see a very small leak coming from the engine block. The leak has been happening since last year ever since I took up the car (you could say the car was already a mess when I picked it up)

Now I would fix this car without any further thinking but after driving this car for awhile I can firmly say this car lacks power to go uphill on flyovers in the city and most cars will be tailgating/cucuk me from behind most of the time.

Thus the thought of wanting to get another car that has some sort of power and can be reliable. I thought about the corolla's reliability and how cheap the wira are with parts, not to mention I'm quite a fan of the 4AGE thus I opted for a 20v one. But I don't want to tie myself down with a loan for like 5 years or so buying a brand new car when its just going to be sitting in my garage sounds like a waste. I was thinking about replacing my weekend car haha.

fixed alot...better keep the car for a while more....

in later years if the cars totally kong or not worth to repair anymore....then only looking for option again...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

:( just wanna know whether satria 1.6 and wira 1.5 can use the same set of springs....
coz my fren's driving a wira 1.5 and wanna sell his sport springs... so can i use it?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience