Is it normal if i/c hot???

Excalibur

500 RPM
Feb 9, 2005
NoWay2Run
Visit site
My i/c is really hot like a power amp... this my first turbo car so i'm not sure is this normal or not... Is this will make the car lost power & boost???

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
this is some expriance fr my fren, he face this problem before, after checking found his car was run with lean due to O2 sensor create a problem. Replace it then okay.:bootyshake:

Andres

Known Member
Jun 2, 2005
Penang
where u feel the hot? The piping fix in ur i/c? or after the i/c?

Excalibur

500 RPM
Feb 9, 2005
NoWay2Run
Visit site
Andres said:
where u feel the hot? The piping fix in ur i/c? or after the i/c?
dont get your question... but is starting hot from the turbo piping to I/C then through piping to T/B... the I/C doesnt make cool air but the I/C hot as well

Last edited:

Andres

Known Member
Jun 2, 2005
Penang
if the starting hot from the turbo to the i/c, it is normal, but after i/c to the intake, it should be cooller than before going to i/c piping. Do u get wat i means?

Excalibur

500 RPM
Feb 9, 2005
NoWay2Run
Visit site
Andres said:
if the starting hot from the turbo to the i/c, it is normal, but after i/c to the intake, it should be cooller than before going to i/c piping. Do u get wat i means?

Oh... I get what you mean now.... but the piping from I/C to intake is hot too but not as hot as turbo to I/C piping...

But the I/C is hotter than turbo to I/C piping.... Is this a problem or normal???

Thank Andres for your info...

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
if ic inlet (turbo to ic) is hotter than ic outlet(ic to throttle body), it is normal.

but if it is same hot, meaning u need to get a more efficient intercooler.

if ic hotter than piping, maybe because ur piping is stock alligator skin one.

not to worry bro...

Andres

Known Member
Jun 2, 2005
Penang
u check and see, may be ur ic not work fine. this i not sure how to check, u better ask the foreman. it suppose after the ic should be cooler than before going to ic.

soulfly

500 RPM
Jan 25, 2004
Miri
fakhrain.blogdrive.com
Isn't it normal getting the intercooler hot when the car is not moving? Because the heat is trapped in the intercooler. When moving, sure the intercooler temp will go down because air flows towards the intercooler.

Excalibur

500 RPM
Feb 9, 2005
NoWay2Run
Visit site
Since i read your guys info then i think my I/C doesnt work that well and might to small.... i think i just need a bigger I/C...

Coz my I/C is gsr I/C... your guys should know how small is it...
i use it in my 4g92

Andres

Known Member
Jun 2, 2005
Penang
but don't put the bigger 1, because this will make ur boost came slower, the lag is big, don't forget it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Found this on other site, care 2share wif ya guys, any1 try diy dis b4?? think most new car oredi hv it juz wanna c any sifu try out their own design n different color :biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience