Inspira, If convert body parts to Lancer GT

kampoon

1,000 RPM
Mar 4, 2006
I had the same experience Waja and Wira parts is mostly compatible with some parts of our ride...
Thanks to proton is let us have more choice on cheaper parts and options.

exactly. i share my experience, my evo steering bush broke during gymkhana - went around asking chop shop and mitsu service centre also no stock. ask around, they refer me to a mitsu supplier but need to order.
so i went searching it - found a spare part shop and show him the broken part, he search and gave me a pair of wira steering bush (proton sticker shown same part no & made in japan). so i paid rm25/pair instead of rm125 per piece...so if Proton don allow us to buy mitsu parts....i think we will need to spend extra cash for same item.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
COPI - Copy :rofl:

Sounds right for proton though :laugh:

TamanLinkin

Known Member
Jun 7, 2009
lol butthurt lancer owner. its still Mitsubishi, its still a lancer. it just rebadged. nothing "ciplak" bout that haha.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
COPI - Copy :rofl:

Sounds right for proton though :laugh:
re-badged.....proton paid mitsu & an agreement sealed to get the rights to produce it.

copy = pirated - download without permission - against the law.

cheerz

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

I had the same experience Waja and Wira parts is mostly compatible with some parts of our ride...
Thanks to proton is let us have more choice on cheaper parts and options.
yup...exactly....at least we are happier if we think inspira launch can bring us benefits too.:biggrin:

Last edited:

joethurr

500 RPM
Sep 11, 2007
what's done is done.. Whether or not it is considered as 'proton is moving forward' to people seems subjective...At the end of the day, both parties are just gonna have to learn to live with it, Lancer owners gotta accept that proton has released a re-badged lancer GT, and inspira owners gotta learn to accept that theirs is a proton inspira and not a mitsubishi Lancer GT.. but there is some common ground tho, u guys get to purchase compatible plug n play parts at a much CHEAPER price from now on.. Cheers!

francisfcy

Jun 28, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
for me, driving car is for comfort and as a transport, buy a car which make ur self confident, safe and most important is affortable to yourself. why have to convert become lancer or evo x? if buy inspira, u can mob until very good or garang inpira , no need to become lancer or what ever X u call only can become nice. dun be a 'wanker' or 'wanna be' or live behind at other people shadow. how u feel alwasy become a 'second grade' or 'little brother' when stop at traffic light side by side with lancer.

just my 2cent

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
i add some petrol can ar???

well...both lancer and inspira owner always living the the shadow of EVO-X...no need to get angry of each other...there's only slight different between....

:adore:

francisfcy

Jun 28, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
nothing to be angry la bro, is just a car, car only. actually i just like to bring out the main issue. when we bought thing, is not only thing itself but after sales service. what is the different between Old town white coffeee and kopi in corner shop, is just a kopi but the service.
i been driving protong more than ten years, from aeroback, wira then waja. really piss off their spare part and service, u should see that how they fix those water leaking door.

if i can affoard 80K, i rather to Vios or second hand city.

no more protong or sotong car for me, i dun want to get regret before i die.

TomicaGTR

Known Member
Jun 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Bro you've just blown lancer GT buddies which already hurt due to inspira launching. Not at right time la bro haha..

Jeff86ks

Known Member
Apr 11, 2006
for those who buy Inspira but want to join Lancer club, why don't you think about bringing a Viet/Thai/China/Indon wife back home to join the ori wife? they are both women, see your ori wife will make noise or not?

jaymansion

Known Member
Sep 29, 2008
hahahaha btw inspira actually Lancer la...not fake...only bumper and logo different...all items are from mitsui...wait until they got ori Evo 10 halfcut....hahaaha

you think those who buy inspira instead of lancer can afford evo10 halfcut?
they'll probably use the older lancer....

pijulrs

Known Member
Dec 31, 2007
If proton rename the model to Proton Lancer then you are still proton...if proton sold the entire company to Mitsu.....then might be diffrent oldi
Evo and Modified lancer can Join MLOC bcos we are all from the same family.....the Lancer breed and MLOC stand for Mitsubishi Lancer Owner Club....

Maybe Inspira owner can form their own club called KSPI Kelab Sport Proton Inspira
PIOC - Proton Inspira Owner Club.....

If I am a Lancer GT owner and I would be happy bcos i can enjoy more compatible parts with more competitive price......
If like that owner of old school lancer a174 also can join rite:biggrin:

Last edited:

rosely1971

Apr 21, 2006
I think they will allow us to join if we can tapau the GT on the road. CVT against the 1.8 Manual + Change Blok to 4B11 >> Stroke to 2.0 + Microtech, sure lancer GT makan asap punya lol :p

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

CVT is for sissies. A driver's car is a manual car or at least with clutch and tiptronic lol, CVT got nothing. If I'm the GT owner, I trade in and get the 1.8 Manual. Who care mitsu or proton, sheesh, move on, it's only an emblem, who cares, it's the engine that matters. Grow up guys :p

E-CB3 - 666

Emperor
Apr 25, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
inspira with evo x body kitt. retain proton badge. seem nice.
lancer conv to evo x also ok. same thing. but no crazy evo x owner conv to lancer gt. :P
evo x owner now want to park the gr8 evo x also afraid park next to lancer gt, now got inspira. evo x up for sale lor. hahahaha:burnout:

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
tak malu ka?
same chassis mah?

same father, diff mother, anak tiri can click together-gether. why not?

anyway later there's gotta be a lancer owner who gonna take advantage using inspira's 'cheaper' spare parts. so that wan okay la? :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys ! it's urgent here.. My uncle wants to convert his perdana to VRG face .
Is this legal or what ? I know we can convert it but he's worrying about JPJ summons .
can anyone help me out :confused: thanks..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience