Inspira Fuel consumption

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
To All Sifu,

Need urgent help, i just buy a second hand Inspira 2.0P year 2012 latest spec with R.camera, 81k km mileage.

Car engine and CVT all smooth, only suspension got "klak klak sound" very bumping road got light sound.

But bigger problem, i did messure every time, i always refill 50 to 51 litres of Ron95 (when empty), every full tank of 50 litres only city drive 395km to 410km.

this compare with my wife year 2008, honda accord 2.0, Honda got better fuel economy, at 50 litres @ average 490 km.

i found at Mudah, some workshop can do A/F tune and gear shifting tune, will this help to improve on engine performance and fuel consuption???

Thanks,
The calculation i got is between the petrol volume from receipt (51.55L) and the mileage shown on the dash meter (400 KM). This is the consumption result after I just serviced at Proton.

Total mileage now at 44k+.

However max i ever managed on a tank of Ron 95 gas with 90%highway and 10%city (Penang to KL and back to Ipoh) was about 550-575 KM with travelling speeds between 110-130km/h. Not too shabby i would say but could be better.

So far had PMed a few members of ZTH regarding Inspira ECU remap but no luck on replies yet. Anyone to recommend? I wouldn't mind travelling to KL to get it done.
Try to check your Lambda and CO reading from the exhaust gas. That may tell you if your engine is running a bit rich or still normal. If a bit rich then need to adjust the Air fuel ratio. Another thing that you might want to try is carbon cleaning and check your injector spray pattern.
But the factor that most affect fuel consumption are traffic and your driving style. If you often go thru traffic jams then difficult to get good fuel economy. If your driving style is not smooth, also your fuel economy won't be as good.

yup...last time i drive like maniac achieve 6KM/L...now i do 9-10KM/L....
lower than 8KM/L considered crazy already...

all figures are based on dash meter...not actual calculation...
Dash econometer is not accurate at all. It only tells you your average at that point in time, not the real average.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
For mileage calculation I normally fill to the brim, set trip meter to 0. Then drive around, refill to the max then divide by the mileage done on trip meter

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
feul for my cousin lancer gt and my myvi almost same.......rm150/month....donno why:confused:
Cannot compare like that. The normal routes between you two may differ hence different distances traveled, the fuel prices are also not stable, driving style also can be different.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Cannot compare like that. The normal routes between you two may differ hence different distances traveled, the fuel prices are also not stable, driving style also can be different.
the biggest difference is the big diff weight of both cars...

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
Hi Protuner,

Need more detail on your review on Kenny works, he can do remap as Air fuel and Gear shilt timing?

Result good?

Thanks
Gear shift is TCU, not ECU..
for his works, go to lowyat forum...

everybody can do remap...what important is tuning...he will explain everything..
want to remap until engine blow also can...

Another remapper is Tomen.. in FB....lost his number BTW...

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
but our distance (workplace) almost same.....:confused:
need to be driven by the same person...at the same speed/acceleration...

some person act differently on different car...
you could 'waft' a Rolls Royce..
but you couldnt help to not race in a Type R...

ever wonder why Satria Neo fuel consumption really bad??
although it share the same (almost) engine with Saga and Iriz?

nope..you got it wrong...
because its DAMN HEAVY...lol..

and its a fun car...

JACKY CAR

Sep 30, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Gear shift is TCU, not ECU..
for his works, go to lowyat forum...

everybody can do remap...what important is tuning...he will explain everything..
want to remap until engine blow also can...

Another remapper is Tomen.. in FB....lost his number BTW...

hahaha....

i like the review: want to remap until engine blow also can, good point.

kekeke....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Kimi Raikkonen got close to Heikki Kovalainen's new lap record set yesterday, but fell short by less than two-tenths of a second with a best lap of 1:11.189s in his Ferrari F2008. Kovalainen was right on the pace again today at the Valencia circuit, lapping just 0.017s slower than the defending world champion...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience