Inspira any problems ????

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
yea as time goes by more localize parts for this car.
so far almost 1 yr still enjoyin it alot

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
I had a problem yesterday on 4th gear part throttle up the NKVE hill towards Jln Duta Toll. It was raining heavily and suddenly the Check Engine Light (CEL) came on. Engine lost power and refuse to rev., ie safe mode. Also no more air conditioning.
I stop aside, restarted the engine - CEL still on. But power was back to 80%.
Later I drove to Seremban and the next time: I started, there was no CEL. Everything is normal now.

1. This is not good as CEL coming on indicates a component failure.
2. I will bring it to Proton, I am sure the ECU has a data logger and would have recorded the CEL episode
3. Will keep you informed. - Maybe because I have changed the extractor and the position of the O2 sensor may not be perfect and the heavy rain may have affected the O2 sensor! I dont know!

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
oh damn, ya prob the O2 sensors after u mod.
better get it check etc soon bro

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
No, its one of those things, I think as a result of so much water on the road on that particular day, and the new position of the O2 sensor: Water hit the top surface of the O2 sensor causing it malfunction. But since then to now, CEL has not come on. Power Loss is normal ECU response - Its called limp mode, allows you to drive the car with minimal power thus damage even though ECU senses a malfunction.

Nizuwan

Jan 14, 2009
Hello guys..

just read a few things about inspira you all wrote before..really good info. actually im looking for 1.8 Mt since I have another auto car. From the spec itself, it shown that among those 3 models, the 1.8 Mt has the highest top speed. I dun know whthr it is true or not. but from what i have heard before, many people said that 1.8 mt has a good pickup compared to the other 2 models. this afternoon, im going to test drive it..
hopefully it will give me some `racun` to own it..

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
Nizuwan,

have fun tryin, yea MT has less losses in HP at wheel compared to cvt.
and it can be mod more on performance without worrying.
go for it ! :D

SP|D3RMaN

Known Member
Nov 11, 2008
aedetailers.multiply.com
Hello guys..

just read a few things about inspira you all wrote before..really good info. actually im looking for 1.8 Mt since I have another auto car. From the spec itself, it shown that among those 3 models, the 1.8 Mt has the highest top speed. I dun know whthr it is true or not. but from what i have heard before, many people said that 1.8 mt has a good pickup compared to the other 2 models. this afternoon, im going to test drive it..
hopefully it will give me some `racun` to own it..
Don wait, just learn from me.
Bring my gf along, let her sit on the passenger side, drive slow, she gives the OK then u put down the deposit ... that was what i did last saturday ...
There was only 19 units left of the Inspira R3 ...
All white though ...
:D

Nizuwan

Jan 14, 2009
DM3 and SP|D3RMaN,

Thanks guys..that day I did try but on 2.0..the 1.8 MT is not around. Damn! I prefer to test the power on 1.8 manual. baru SYIOK! :) tp the 2.0 is not so disappointing..maybe the test car is new, so the enjin is quite `ketat`..
Now it is time to korek2 the tabung/look for some money under the pillow...

OKLY

Known Member
Nov 26, 2011
Selangor
Have not given the Inspira a test drive but just by sitting inside, I would say that this car is worth every bucks, I definitely felt some class and the seats are firm enough. Anway, the Inspira is supposed to be at the Honda Civic and Toyota Altis level but at the price of below 100k. Since it's also on the MIVEC engine, I think it would be promising even without test driving it.

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
Have not given the Inspira a test drive but just by sitting inside, I would say that this car is worth every bucks, I definitely felt some class and the seats are firm enough. Anway, the Inspira is supposed to be at the Honda Civic and Toyota Altis level but at the price of below 100k. Since it's also on the MIVEC engine, I think it would be promising even without test driving it.
oh ya, been using it more than 1 yr now, still lovin it and its comfy n stable in corners also

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
My 1.8 E Mileage is now almost 40,000 KMS. Still rattle free. But 4th gear synchromesh is probably worn. Other than that, it performs as expected. 1.8 lacks torque. Mitsubishi has still not embrace using small capacity Turbo's. It would be great if they can come up with a smaller capacity B series Turbo using a 1.4 or a 1.6 Block.

Dec 2, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
The japs have gone big time down the hybrid route while the Koreans are catching up with them on the conventional. Personally, I think the Europeans have gotten it right with boosted smaller cc for petrol now after the diesel chase.

Now they are going down with diesel hybrid for torque dose : )

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
I also realized that that there is very few performance parts for B NA series. Which is a bit of waste! In terms of quality issues: Inspira's are just like any Japanese car that is CKD. However, we just hope that the locally produce parts to replace Japanese made parts are up to mark. I understand that Mitsubishi has been pretty serious with Proton and only allowing non essential parts to be locally made. For example ECU is definitely Mitsubishi. My only grouse with Proton is that they dont have a consistent pricing strategy that is based on a long term. Like for instance, Proton is discounting all Inspira models by at least RM5K. What will be the impact of the resale value!

Last edited: